Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No shorts allowed

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

MOD NOTE: This thread is going too far off topic. I will consider issuing warnings if there are any further attempts to drag away.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

Normally comes down to risk and money. We work almost exclusively on big pharma and commercial projects. 5 piece PPE at all times, hard hat, boots, glasses, gloves, hi-viz. also short sleeves and short pants are banned.
    Simply put - the risk of a cut to your leg or arm is much reduced by covering up.
    If you get cut and need treatment on a site like this and end up as an MTI (medical treatment) or an LTI (lost time injury) your overall safety score may drop below the site acceptable limit.
    If That happens you're finished and your company will no longer be invited to tender for projects.
    Everybody in the whole company can then wear shorts while collecting the dole when company shuts down.
    Bit of discomfort far outweighs the greater risk.
    Try wearing full fire retardant coveralls on top of your clothes on oil and gas projects...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭Mark Horgan

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I wasn’t waffling. The new snickers are probably as close to hacksaw proof as you’re going to find on a site. I’m So sorry that boggled your mind.

But they are not hacksaw proof. What boggled my mind was your inability to determine if something is hacksaw proof or not.

Wearb wrote: »
    MOD NOTE: This thread is going too far off topic. I will consider issuing warnings if there are any further attempts to drag away.

This is totally relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,737 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

But they are not hacksaw proof. What boggled my mind was your inability to determine if something is hacksaw proof or not.

No trousers is hacksaw proof. I was merely giving the nearest available option. Your mind easily boggles

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    No trousers is hacksaw proof. I was merely giving the nearest available option. Your mind easily boggles

No such thing as heavy duty snickers by the way.

No such thing as heavy duty snickers by the way.

Yea there is. New to the market. I bought them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Snickers Ruffwork

DGOBS wrote: »
    Snickers Ruffwork

They should call them ruffwork/impossible to move in. Anyone that’s buying a pair....buy a bigger to your normal size

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Dtp1979 wrote:
    The new snickers heavy duty is extremely heavy duty. You’d get through it with a hacksaw but only after a few attempts

I used to wear the light snickers in the summer but the fabric would rip too easily. I gave up on them

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I used to wear the light snickers in the summer but the fabric would rip too easily. I gave up on them

Same here. But I wouldn’t wear these new ones unless your going to use a chainsaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Sleeper12 wrote: »

Yea, they were nicer when they were called marathon...

Advertisement