Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Reggie. wrote: »
    And a full tank of diesel

Still alive. Missing a few buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭148multi

Good feed conversion

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

And a full tank of diesel

well don't think you are going to buy diesel at 110 down here. 129.9 is scarce, most are at 133.9 .

Looks like Lakill is at quite a party, they made the newspapers already.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/discover/watch-kangaroo-spotted-roaming-free-in-cork-938188.html

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

well don't think you are going to buy diesel at 110 down here. 129.9 is scarce, most are at 133.9 .

Looks like Lakill is at quite a party, they made the newspapers already.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/discover/watch-kangaroo-spotted-roaming-free-in-cork-938188.html

Heard him being called alot of things but never a kangeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Off to the people’s republic for the weekend to a stag. Haven’t been on a session session in almost 2 years let alone 2 night and 2 days on it

could end up on Rip.ie after this

That drink will kill me yet, was on dry july with a mate and he broke yesterday main thing i was concerned about was outdoing him so we all went for a few today only an hour back on it and a gang of smokers, alcoholics, digger drivers and lads that in general wouldnt exert ourselves too much on a daily basis have signed up for a 14km race in 3 weeks time. Hindsight is a great thing all the same.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Off to the people’s republic for the weekend to a stag. Haven’t been on a session session in almost 2 years let alone 2 night and 2 days on it

could end up on Rip.ie after this

Right about now..... BOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

The Hangover Part IV - "Hows it going Boy".

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Just had a horrible job here. Bullock, squeezed good few weeks, was showing very 'bullish' traits so I asked vet to have another look at him. Turned out he was only half squeezed hence the bullish tendancies but the other ball was infected and the vet cut it out - best description is yuk! My father used to ring bull calves when they were a few days old I'm going to go back to that next year. I'm planning on buying a few suck calves to practice on before I start fighting with the "born outside/mammy cow standing over them warning me off ones".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

KatyMac wrote: »
    Just had a horrible job here. Bullock, squeezed good few weeks, was showing very 'bullish' traits so I asked vet to have another look at him. Turned out he was only half squeezed hence the bullish tendancies but the other ball was infected and the vet cut it out - best description is yuk! My father used to ring bull calves when they were a few days old I'm going to go back to that next year. I'm planning on buying a few suck calves to practice on before I start fighting with the "born outside/mammy cow standing over them warning me off ones".

Surely youd bring them into a pen and seperate them for tagging and dehorning and not do them in the field?

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Just in from an 18km run. Tired from it now. 43km done for the week and 692 for the year since feb.
    Great to get out when you’ve young lads squaking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

KatyMac wrote: »

I think you have to do a clostridial vaccine as well if you're ringing calves but check with your vet first.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,133 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yeah, don't do any handling of a suckler calf in the field. You only need to get caught once.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Drove the hour down to the home place this morning for a few jobs around the place to be done. One such was to go get a load of gravel (the really fine stuff) from the quarry a few miles away. Powered up my trusty Trent and hooked up and took off. Landed on the road into the quarry at 10.45am - gate closed. Sign says open till 11am. Maybe they on holidays so I give the number a call and was told open till 11. When I said the gate is shut, was told - "Well their closed then Must be gone already. Ya may come back Monday". I was not happy.

Was trying to turn around on the road when 2 more tractors appeared and had to leave too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

Drove the hour down to the home place this morning for a few jobs around the place to be done. One such was to go get a load of gravel (the really fine stuff) from the quarry a few miles away. Powered up my trusty Trent and hooked up and took off. Landed on the road into the quarry at 10.45am - gate closed. Sign says open till 11am. Maybe they on holidays so I give the number a call and was told open till 11. When I said the gate is shut, was told - "Well their closed then Must be gone already. Ya may come back Monday". I was not happy.

Was trying to turn around on the road when 2 more tractors appeared and had to leave too.

I presume with was open 8-11

• Registered Users Posts: 11,078 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Fair ould sponsorship of the Oaks in the curragh today.
    €400,000 from Kerrygold with a few jackets for the handlers thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Fair ould sponsorship of the Oaks in the curragh today.
    €400,000 from Kerrygold with a few jackets for the handlers thrown in.

Anytime I led up I was told I had to return the jacket before the following race...

Never once gave it back, you’d think they’d just leave them keep it

Edit
    Was never at that level of racing maybe that had a bit to do with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Just in from an 18km run. Tired from it now. 43km done for the week and 692 for the year since feb.
    Great to get out when you’ve young lads squaking.

Eldest lad coming back from injury has 73km done this week. Running is great for the mind. If he misses a few days he's itching to get back out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Odelay

whelan2 wrote: »
    Eldest lad coming back from injury has 73km done this week. Running is great for the mind. If he misses a few days he's itching to get back out

Maybe there’s a girlfriend at the end of the route?

TheFarrier wrote: »
    Anytime I led up I was told I had to return the jacket before the following race...

Never once gave it back, you’d think they’d just leave them keep it

Edit
    Was never at that level of racing maybe that had a bit to do with it...

Ah I'd say the handlers would surely keep em after this race.
    All these companies love to see their jackets worn at the sales and such. I doubt Kerrygold, Oaks and 2019 blazened on a jacket would much use for anything else.

It's a fair ould whack of money though. I'd have mixed emotions on what it should have been spent on instead. I bet the Oaks race didn't even feature on the radar of the majority of boards users today.
    If they'd do a bit of useful philanthropy with it or sponsor the marathon and knock Flora off its perch they'd be at something.

• Advertisement

Odelay wrote: »
    Maybe there’s a girlfriend at the end of the route?

He wouldn't have time for that carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭148multi

What about all these injuries 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Said every mother ever :)

Said every mother ever :)

I wouldn't have time to be dealing with it either. His sister who is 15 has a boyfriend and I'm in denial

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I wouldn't have time to be dealing with it either. His sister who is 15 has a boyfriend and I'm in denial

I'd say the cows are sick of hearing about it

I'd say the cows are sick of hearing about it

And the dog. It's good to talk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

..... I bet the Oaks race didn't even feature on the radar of the majority of boards users today.

I watched it. They had to cough up €40K of a supplement for Star Catcher? How does that work exactly?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

I watched it. They had to cough up €40K of a supplement for Star Catcher? How does that work exactly?

I'm not really sure. It could be if they're not entered or qualified by a certain date that they have this payment option available for nearer to the race.
    I'm not sure where the money goes either whether it's turf club or racecourse?
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭kk.man

Sponsorship of horse racing is not reflective of the actual prize money. For example Kerrygolds 400k would be made up as follows kerrygold 40k and the rest by us the taxpayer 360k Horse Racing Ireland. Tbh I don't know the exact breakdown but it's very little of the full prize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,155 ✭✭✭✭Base price

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement