Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

_Brian wrote: »
    The whole scammer thing has worked out well.

I only answer now to numbers I already have in my phone, and even then not always. Anyone genuine can leave a message.

Number I didn’t recognise rang today and I let it go, left a message it was courier so I called him back.

I use the block unknown numbers feature on the phone. Can't be bothered with eejits tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

We have a Spanish student here atm and I'm sore from laughing this evening. We were playing connect 4 and started playing for a bar of chocolate and the arguments started soon after the chocolate became the prize. Herself and the youngest lad were in the final and the cheating by the two was gas.

I don't know how I ended up owing a chocolate bar:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

View from the backdoor.

20190704-220438.jpg

Happy the 4th of July. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Odelay

Still bright here!

Can’t believe 20 years later they still haven’t sorted out the school uniforms. On the news again, exorbitant prices for a jumper.

• Advertisement

Odelay wrote: »
    Still bright here!

You're in Tipp I think.
    I'm in Wx.
    Further east and maybe south with a mountain range blocking sunlight means darky times for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The further west but more especially north will stretch summer evening times. Donegal this time of year would be great.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

The missed call scammers are now using a uk number

*00 44 70 9872 0596‬

It’s easy to be caught out with a uk number.

I see a missed call on the wife's phone very similar you your one.

0044 79 9872 0598

I see a missed call on the wife's phone very similar you your one.

0044 79 9872 0598

It wasn’t me! Honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

It wasn’t me! Honest!

The ****s about to get real now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,242 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Can’t believe 20 years later they still haven’t sorted out the school uniforms. On the news again, exorbitant prices for a jumper.

I know the prices are crazy but the jumper is worn every day at school. If there was a no uniform policy it would cost a lot more for parents for other clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

whelan2 wrote: »
    I know the prices are crazy but the jumper is worn every day at school. If there was a no uniform policy it would cost a lot more for parents for other clothes.
    Have a crested jumper here, came home one day to find wee man had found a Tin of paint his grandfather hadn’t put away

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭emaherx

whelan2 wrote: »

I don't think the argument is against uniforms, just a call for generic cheaper ones with no crests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

emaherx wrote: »
    I don't think the argument is against uniforms, just a call for generic cheaper ones with no crests.

I was a disaster for school uniforms. Used get wrecked playing soccer.

I do think there should be a school jumper with a crest, when at events or on school trips, it helps identify.

But the price is crazy. I can’t figure out why schools don’t but iron on crests like the embroidered badges you are at flea markets. I reckon you’d get them in bulk for handy money.

I ordered school jackets before and i thinks the crest was €2 to get put on.

Had a student before who used but generic jumper from Dunnes and carefully cut out the school crest off an old jumper and sewed it onto the cheap jumper. I didn’t notice for years but it probably saved €20 a jumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Had a guy here this year stacking bales with the soft hands grap. I left a plastic bag with a roll of tape and a rag for cleaning them up on the trailer. Anyway, bag disappeared. Realised after a while what happened and sure enough, there it was down between the bales, which were stacked on the flat side.
    I went head first down between the bales to get it back. I had one hand up on the bale and the other reaching down. Scary stuff. So easy get caught out.
    Maybe something similar happned to that poor man.

How do you get around this - leave a bigger gap between the rows? Didn't someone on here say that a safety inspector mentioned it on a farm inspection.

Yes, that was me. Had the Inspector last year and that's what he told me. I had two lots of silage bales - gathered by different lads. One lot had almost no space between them and the other had a fairly good space, enough in some places that a man could squeeze between them at a pinch. The Inspector told me that was the better way to do them as it would give someone a chance to get out. I asked the lads this year to leave a bit of space. I cannot imagine any reason I'd need/want to go between the bales but the unexpected necessity can always crop up.
    God love that poor man, it would be an awful way to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭kk.man

I was putting greese on the top bales this evening. I thought of that man, it truely was an awful way to go.
    It very easy could happen and I consider myself very fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,093 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

KatyMac wrote: »
    Yes, that was me. Had the Inspector last year and that's what he told me. I had two lots of silage bales - gathered by different lads. One lot had almost no space between them and the other had a fairly good space, enough in some places that a man could squeeze between them at a pinch. The Inspector told me that was the better way to do them as it would give someone a chance to get out. I asked the lads this year to leave a bit of space. I cannot imagine any reason I'd need/want to go between the bales but the unexpected necessity can always crop up.
    God love that poor man, it would be an awful way to die.

A friend crawled under the polythene on his silage pit to retrieve his phone, he only got a few yards, once he took the first breath he was dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Did anyone do a bord bia survey?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Mother's 8 Commandments for young lad going abroad on sun holiday.

https://www.irishpost.com/news/8-commandments-for-lads-holiday-168704

Found a leg of lamb in the freezer, it’s about 18 months there
    It should be ok, shouldn’t it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Found a leg of lamb in the freezer, it’s about 18 months there
    It should be ok, shouldn’t it?

Should be ok. Does it look like it might have some freezer burn?

http://shelflifeadvice.com/content/how-and-how-long-should-lamb-be-kept-frozen

gozunda wrote: »
    Should be ok. Does it look like it might have some freezer burn?

http://shelflifeadvice.com/content/how-and-how-long-should-lamb-be-kept-frozen

Was thinking/hoping the same
    No freezer burns

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

Was thinking/hoping the same
    No freezer burns

Ya it will be fine the best way to defrost it is in the fridge.

I'm not sure of the name of this plant.
    It's a creeper that'll have white trumpet flowers in about a month's time.

But I was in one of the sheds this evening and noticed this bit growing in over the outside wall.

20190706-185410.jpg

A wisp of straw landed on the plant and it felt that piece of straw and it's tendrils wrapped around the straw.
    And people say plants have no brains and can't feel. :)

I'm not sure of the name of this plant.
    It's a creeper that'll have white trumpet flowers in about a month's time.

But I was in one of the sheds this evening and noticed this bit growing in over the outside wall.

20190706-185410.jpg

A wisp of straw landed on the plant and it felt that piece of straw and it's tendrils wrapped around the straw.
    And people say plants have no brains and can't feel. :)

It’s only the vegans that say that, we all know plants have feelings :)

It’s only the vegans that say that, we all know plants have feelings :)

They must have a sense of touch anyway.
    Plus they have a form of communication.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Bindweed, I think.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

greysides wrote: »
    Bindweed, I think.

That's the one.
    Intelligent plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

That's the one.
    Intelligent plant.

As intelligent as it might be, it destroyed half of our carrots last year in the drought. Covered the ground and wrapped around them. When it finally rained the carrots couldn’t compete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,242 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Sold a cow to a neighbour a few weeks ago. He wanted to put calves on her. Got a text off him today that she took with the calves. He has called her Rafiki which is swahili for friend. The cow will be very well looked after.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement