Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

There's something in this clip of regenerative grazing for everyone.
    Even if you want to see a quad drive over a standing electric fence.

https://www.grass-fed-solutions.com/carbon.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,667 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

whelan2 wrote: »
    My helper this evening

Nice - you can never have too many of them lads:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,241 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Nice - you can never have too many of them lads:D;)
    Frog or toad? Sent the photo to my family in whatsapp group and we had a debate over it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,667 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Frog or toad? Sent the photo to my family in whatsapp group and we had a debate over it

Defo Frog - the only toads in this country are the very rare Natterjacks found in coastal West Kerry. One easy way of telling a Frog from a Toad is that the latter walks and never hops.

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Defo Frog - the only toads in this country are the very rare Natterjacks found in coastal West Kerry. One easy way of telling a Frog from a Toad is that the latter walks and never hops.
    I'm a winner so , my sister googled and reckoned it was a toad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Odelay

I'm a winner so , my sister googled and reckoned it was a toad.

Be lovely with some mushrooms:)

Odelay wrote: »
    Be lovely with some mushrooms:)
    I'm beginning to feel sorry for it, it was in the parlour this morning and this evening . If it's still there in the morning I'll help it out of the pit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Back to morning foddering! About a month til I'm sick of it :D Weaning a bull outside while cow inside, not a peep out of either so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I'm beginning to feel sorry for it, it was in the parlour this morning and this evening . If it's still there in the morning I'll help it out of the pit
    I have noticed a good few frogs on the roads over the last few wet nights. They must be heading back to their wintering ponds.

Base price wrote: »
    I have noticed a good few frogs on the roads over the last few wet nights. They must be heading back to their wintering ponds.

No sign of it this morning

• Advertisement

Got a few things for Christmas last night. Left them in boot of car for oh to put away. Youngest lad came over to me in yard this morning and said thanks for the things.... He was getting his football boots out of car. Thankfully they were only small presents but feck it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,518 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Back to morning foddering! About a month til I'm sick of it :D Weaning a bull outside while cow inside, not a peep out of either so far.

Yea, it’s a funny thing.

All summer the thought of having stock shut in foddering is abhorrent, yet as of this week it seems a total luxury.

Roll round March and we’re all looking at the door of tue pen mad to get them out to grass “where they belong”

Got a few things for Christmas last night. Left them in boot of car for oh to put away. Youngest lad came over to me in yard this morning and said thanks for the things.... He was getting his football boots out of car. Thankfully they were only small presents but feck it

Literally his Christmas came early.
    Been doing some online stuff here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

_Brian wrote: »
    Literally his Christmas came early.
    Been doing some online stuff here too.

Wife has all done since Sept. Genius or mad.....I'm not sure yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Reggie. wrote: »
    Wife has all done since Sept. Genius or mad.....I'm not sure yet

depends if she's listening

ganmo wrote: »
    depends if she's listening

This is an excellent point

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Got me BJ tickets for 15 June!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Muckit wrote: »

oooh-matron-29062761.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭148multi

That's a bit of a wait 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

You mustn’t be married so :):):);)

• Advertisement

148multi wrote: »
    That's a bit of a wait 😂

Shocking he has to pay for it too

Reggie. wrote: »
    Shocking he has to pay for it too

Yea.

Took me a while to realise the tickets were for Bon Jovi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

had to bite the bullet and go to the doctor today because ive a bad chest infection. i knew the problem already but still had to fork out €50 for a consultation to getthe prescription. Doctor told me only about 25% of the patients he is seeing on a daily basis dont have the medical card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Cleared a small area recently of very overgrown briars. Snipped all the briars at the butt. Would it be a waste spraying now with roundup, or should I wait till I see some growth in the spring?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Cleared a small area recently of very overgrown briars. Snipped all the briars at the butt. Would it be a waste spraying now with roundup, or should I wait till I see some growth in the spring?

Grazon90 is your only man for briars

_Brian wrote: »
    Grazon90 is your only man for briars

I have some. Would spraying now be a waste of time.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

I sprayed round up 2 weeks ago. They are all dying. Not on briars. Also a nice trail where I walked across the lawn, not even in a straight line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

I have some. Would spraying now be a waste of time.

Best time of the year for glyphosate as everything been drawn downwards for the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Odelay

Waste of time if there is no leaf and they are not growing. Grazon 90 in the spring when they are growing.

• Advertisement

Odelay wrote: »
    Waste of time if there is no leaf and they are not growing. Grazon 90 in the spring when they are growing.

That's what I was thinking, as all that is left now are the roots.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement