Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mosquitoes, Lanzarote

Options
2»

Comments

Take antihistamines. Start a few days before you go. Use a repellent, but if you still get bit the antihistamine will mean you don't care so much

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dgosul

Done all that , nothing ever worked, they always flare up to the stage a visit to the Dr. is necessary. So now she has a prescription from her Dr. to take away each time for steroids & antibiotics & if they turn bad she just starts the course. Its a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭daithip

Just back from Lanzarote and can confirm that there are plenty of mozzies. We got eaten alive the first night in the apartment, arrived late, exhausted and went to bed to discover the following morning that there were at least twenty in the bedroom whom had feasted on us all night:(. Antihistamine, bug spray each evening(Apartment), repellent, plug-ins, lights off and windows closed at night and the rest of the week was ok, just one or two more bites during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

Never had a problem with them in Lanzorate + mozzies love me + my husband. Not saying there isn't any but definitely less than other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

daithip wrote: »
    Just back from Lanzarote and can confirm that there are plenty of mozzies. We got eaten alive the first night in the apartment, arrived late, exhausted and went to bed to discover the following morning that there were at least twenty in the bedroom whom had feasted on us all night:(. Antihistamine, bug spray each evening(Apartment), repellent, plug-ins, lights off and windows closed at night and the rest of the week was ok, just one or two more bites during the week.

Opposite here. Just back from two weeks in PdC and no problems at all. I was out on our balcony every evening and didn't get a single bite - and my sweet blood is usually irresistible to all sorts of flying beasties! I'm guessing it was the pretty serious wind kept them away....

• Advertisement
Advertisement