Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manifest - NBC-US pace (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It's on the bubble with Debris, can see both being cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And now all this lifeboat talk.
    Why would an ancient papyrus or whatever have a whole prophecy about those 3 guys?

I think if Debris is cancelled, this will be safe enough

The whole lifeboat is basically if somebody from the plane does something so bad and if everyone else does good, they all die. The 3 prisoners died as even though 2 passed the test they failed due to the other. Zeke also passed his as he followed his vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Oh I know what the lifeboat talk is, but he seems so obsessed with it.
    And what about the pilot? He did something bad so does that count? And I'm sure others on the plane aren't innocent.
    And now Olive is being Single White Femaled by Angelina?

Oh I know what the lifeboat talk is, but he seems so obsessed with it.
    And what about the pilot? He did something bad so does that count? And I'm sure others on the plane aren't innocent.
    And now Olive is being Single White Femaled by Angelina?

Yeah he thinks that he's the only person that can save everybody. That Angelina plot came out of nowhere. Seriously hope it gets cancelled as it has jumped the shark.

Ben has just become really annoying lately. Hopefully this will make him a bit better.

And what did they expect with Angelina? A young girl who came back after being "dead" for years, only to be locked in a basement pretty much since then while having visions and thinking she's going mad, then rescued, meet a man who she likes before he has his soul torn from him in front of her. I'm not an expert but I think that might mess someone up.

• Advertisement

Cal and Angelina this episode

tenor.png

So much for Ben being less annoying after the last episode. And now all authorities turn against them in a single day?

I'm sure Cal telling Angelina where to find the key won't lead to her kidnapping Eden.

Double episode finale next week.

Shows how popular this show is that we're near the end of season 3 and only 67 posts

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Big eyeroll. After Cal vanished, I had a gut feeling about how he would return and I was right.

After the season 3 trailer ("You will find out ... what happened ... to Flight 828"), I'm none the wiser.

The Callings are meant to help, yet they keep Michaela in there for ages instead of letting her try and help?

Angelina using the info Cal gave her to get to Eden?
    raw

Don't know if I'll bother with it if they come back. If they announce it as the final season then maybe

Man this is really putting me off finishing this season. Have five episodes left but dunno if I will even bother now

Sure you may as well. Need someone else in here to complain about it. :)

It's funny that while tvline is good for tv news, it seems to have the most optimistic audience ever.
    Like for this they have a poll to rate the finale and the season and both are sitting at "Excellent"

• Advertisement

Sure you may as well. Need someone else in here to complain about it. :)

It's funny that while tvline is good for tv news, it seems to have the most optimistic audience ever.
    Like for this they have a poll to rate the finale and the season and both are sitting at "Excellent"
    Maybe next week, actually finding Van Helsing more watchable compared to this which is saying something.

Yeah the comments sections in some of their recaps are way too optimistic. Took a look at the Manifest sub reddit and exact same thing.

If you don't watch, you may never know how quick and easy it is to find a way on the internet to remove an ankle monitor with a screwdriver.
    She must have a site in her bookmarks for illegal things such as that.

If you don't watch, you may never know how quick and easy it is to find a way on the internet to remove an ankle monitor with a screwdriver.
    She must have a site in her bookmarks for illegal things such as that.

Sold :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Canceled as Show's creator Jeff Rake on twitter: https://twitter.com/jeff_rake/status/1404674082675724288

Canceled as Show's creator Jeff Rake on twitter: https://twitter.com/jeff_rake/status/1404674082675724288

Whelp, no need for me to watch the last few episodes now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

‘Manifest’: Efforts To Move Canceled NBC Series To Netflix Continue As Show Tops Streamer’s Charts
    Following the news of NBC’s decision to cancel Manifest after three seasons on Monday night, Netflix quickly emerged as the leading possible new destination for the show thanks to some opportune timing. The first two seasons of the missing plane drama debuted on Netflix last Thursday and quickly climbed to the #1 spot in the U.S., which it has held for a week now.

I hear conversations between lead Manifest studio Warner Bros. TV and Netflix are ongoing as the streamer is evaluating the viability and financials of a possible pickup. There have been just a couple of canceled broadcast series that have been rescued by Netflix so far, most notably Lucifer, which became a hit as a Netflix original following its cancellation by Fox after three seasons.

In an encouraging sign for Manifest fans, Lucifer is also produced by WBTV, giving the studio and Netflix a working template for how to successfully move a three-year-old broadcast drama to the streamer. Lucifer is now headed into its sixth and final season.

Manifest was created by Jeff Rake, who also has a six-season plan for Manifest. He has been hopeful about the show finding a new home following the cancellation by NBC and has taken part in #SaveManifest tweeting parties.

https://deadline.com/2021/06/manifest-season-4-netflix-move-canceled-nbc-new-home-1234777867/

And attempts to bring it somewhere else have failed so the show is officially finished now

https://tvline.com/2021/06/21/manifest-cancelled-no-season-4-netflix-other-outlets/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Just finished season 3 - I knew about halfway through season 2 that it was a terrible show and the acting was laughable at times but I felt like I had to finish it

It's very badly written - apparently a 5/6 season story arc was planned at the very beginning, well I'd like to have been at that meeting because there's so many loose ends and gaping plot holes

An excellent premise executed very poorly

Or is it... (dun dun dun)

Reports that netflix and nbc are both in talks again.

The question is, if they bring it back will they use the opportunity to finish it are will the showrunner get cocky again and end on another cliffhanger?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Pertinent point there being Netflix only have the first 2 seasons before it went full batsh*t crazy with season 3

I'd like to see a conclusion but tbh I wouldn't be devastated if it didn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Manifest fans have rigged the system to put it high up on the Netflix charts - it's up there as one of the longest running reigns for most watched on Netflix because fans have essentially left the show to run continuously (whether they're watching it or not) to keep it at #1 and get it renewed

I genuinely hope it's not renewed when much better TV shows were cancelled

As long as they remember that and don't set out thinking they might get another season or a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭BandMember

Is there a release date for the last season yet?

Nope. Not even a "Coming 2022".

That Sneak Peek above seems to be the last update.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

Advertisement