Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommendation for Surveyor / Dublin

Options
  • 20-06-2018 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi

didn't find any newer threads

Can someone recommend a very good surveyor for Dublin?
    The Estate agency who sells the property recommended one but I would prefere to go with someone who has no connection to them...

I wanted to go with one who was highly praised by several colleagues of mine who bought, but he is fully booked out and won't take the job.

Any recommendations please?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Guys,

As per the Charter, recommendations by PM please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

If okay to jump on the bandwagon, would also appreciate recommendations (by PM) for a surveyor in Dublin city.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dev_ire

I would also like any recommendations.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

I have used a really good one (used 2 in total) and one was amazing - 100% accuracy, seriously nothing was missed. If you PM me, can send the details if you wish

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Timelapse

og2k7 wrote: »
    I have used a really good one (used 2 in total) and one was amazing - 100% accuracy, seriously nothing was missed. If you PM me, can send the details if you wish

Cheers

Hi og2k7,

Can you please PM me your recommendation?
    I have urgently looking for one?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Timelapse

Merowig wrote: »
    Hi

The Estate agency who sells the property recommended one but I would prefere to go with someone who has no connection to them...

I wanted to go with one who was highly praised by several colleagues of mine who bought, but he is fully booked out and won't take the job.

Hi Merowig,

Did you find the surveyor? How was your experience.
    Can you please PM me there details?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Timelapse wrote: »
    Hi Merowig,

Did you find the surveyor? How was your experience.
    Can you please PM me there details?

Thanks!

PM'ed

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ericteller

Hi , Could someone pm me the name of a good surveyor in Dublin please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CallmeIshmael

I'd appreciate any recommendations for surveyors please. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I am looking at the moment , if anyone has a Dublin recommendation they can PM me I would be most grateful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I found the site tradesmen.ie handy for finding surveyors. It is not a user friendly site but I persevered with filling out the lengthy online form and through it found a surveyor based in Palmerston for e290 (incl.VAT) for a pre-purchase survey which was a lot cheaper than other quotes. He had stacks of positive reviews on the site and also provided me with a sample survey before we agreed to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I found the site tradesmen.ie handy for finding surveyors. It is not a user friendly site but I persevered with filling out the lengthy online form and through it found a surveyor based in Palmerston for e290 (incl.VAT) for a pre-purchase survey which was a lot cheaper than other quotes. He had stacks of positive reviews on the site and also provided me with a sample survey before we agreed to proceed.

What profession do you mind me asking? ie Architect? Building Surveyor?, are they registered/chartered?

Is it a Type 1, 2 or 3 survey you have instructed?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Doop wrote: »
    What profession do you mind me asking? ie Architect? Building Surveyor?, are they registered/chartered?

Is it a Type 1, 2 or 3 survey you have instructed?

For a pre purchase survey, most would be a type 2 and borderline 3.
    The more invasive surveyed cannot be done on properties without the consent of the owner, and it involves trial holes in walls etc which must be put right should the purchaser not go through with he sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

kceire wrote: »
    For a pre purchase survey, most would be a type 2 and borderline 3.
    The more invasive surveyed cannot be done on properties without the consent of the owner, and it involves trial holes in walls etc which must be put right should the purchaser not go through with he sale.

Granted yes but I was interested to hear what and who someone would get for €230. For that kind of price I can only imagine Bob the builder with a hammer in his hand saying no bother he'll do the 'survey'. I am open to correction tho hence the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

og2k7 wrote: »

Cheers

Could you PM me recommendation og2k7? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

Merowig wrote: »
    Hi

Merowig, did you find someone good? If so could you PM me the deets? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shelly24

Can you send me his details please

Doop wrote: »
    Granted yes but I was interested to hear what and who someone would get for €230. For that kind of price I can only imagine Bob the builder with a hammer in his hand saying no bother he'll do the 'survey'. I am open to correction tho hence the question.

Sorry forgot to get back on this. The survery completed was e290 inclusive of VAT, not e230. It was a pre purchase survey which included:-

Foundations, Pyrite, External Walls, Balconies, Roof Coverings, Chimneys, Velux Windows, Roof Structure, Gutters, Attic space, Insulation, Ventilation, Internal Walls, Ceilings, Wet Rot, Dry Rot, Infestations, Rising Damp, Windows, Doors, Floors, Electrical RECI Certification, Heating System, Plumbing, Drains, External Works, Flooding Possibility and Radon Gas Probability.

Aside from that I had prepared 16 different questions about the property that I wanted the surveyor to give his opinion on. He answered them all to my satisfaction and I got useful information on what the house needs in the short and medium term. The report ran to 31 pages in total.
    Shelly24
    Can you send me his details please

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

Sorry forgot to get back on this. The survery completed was e290 inclusive of VAT, not e230. It was a pre purchase survey which included:-

Foundations, Pyrite, External Walls, Balconies, Roof Coverings, Chimneys, Velux Windows, Roof Structure, Gutters, Attic space, Insulation, Ventilation, Internal Walls, Ceilings, Wet Rot, Dry Rot, Infestations, Rising Damp, Windows, Doors, Floors, Electrical RECI Certification, Heating System, Plumbing, Drains, External Works, Flooding Possibility and Radon Gas Probability.

Aside from that I had prepared 16 different questions about the property that I wanted the surveyor to give his opinion on. He answered them all to my satisfaction and I got useful information on what the house needs in the short and medium term. The report ran to 31 pages in total.

PM sent.

Hi, could I get that PM as well please? Ta.

^PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 QBee

Cadiz wrote: »
    Could you PM me recommendation og2k7? Thank you
    Hi,
    Could you please send me the details of the surveyor you used?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DianeMc2018

HI there

Would you mind recommending me the name of the good surveyor you used for your property?Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

I'd also like a PM as well please.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Would also massively appreciate a recommendation too, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭twiddleypop

I also used that surveyor <SNIP> Can also recommend him. He saved me a big mistake!

DianeMc, ebayissues and Knex, I sent you a PM with the guy I used and I spoke about in post #19

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Beebie

Muahahaha, I would appreciate if you PM the details also, many thanks.

Beebie check your PMs

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Beebie

Thanks a mill Muahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 SauNewb

Hi Muahahaha, would you be able to PM myself the details also?

Advertisement