Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE sacks Big Cass

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

ERG89 wrote: »
    Why?

As below average as Cass is he's a far better wrestler than she will ever be; she is the drizzlin sh!ts

Yeah he isn't a great big man, but he isn't Mason Ryan bad. Average I suppose.

Mella plays her character well,but her ring work is horrific.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Meltzer clarified that the meeting was not in front of everyone. He also said it wasn't a planned part of a string of releases, and is exactly what everyone thinks it is.

Which seems to be his offscript attack on mini-Bryan a few weeks back. Which confuses me. If that was a Such an issue that led to a firing, why keep him so long, giving him mic time and a PPv match before offing him?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

As tradition

'What's Cassidy doing in the impact zone'

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess they kept him on due to his storyline with Bryan. I'm sure everyone would be happy for Bryan to have got out of that but probably decided to not obviously disrupt anything.
    I'm wondering if he was originally scheduled to win. I wouldn't say so but I wouldn't put it past them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

With veterns going out and saying take chances, its a bit sh!tty he got fired over him trying to make his character more of a heel.

I know they also say you better hit it out of the park but fcukin hell to lose your job over it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Sirsok wrote: »
    I know they also say you better hit it out of the park but fcukin hell to lose your job over it

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/06/19/big-cass-released-wwe-personal-conduct-issues

Apparently enjoyed his time in the European tour a bit too much also. Bit hypocritical when Jeff Hardy recently got another DUI but I think it's a culmination of things.

Sirsok wrote: »
    With veterns going out and saying take chances, its a bit sh!tty he got fired over him trying to make his character more of a heel.

There's an expression about how its better to ask forgiveness than permission that might apply here.

He asked agents and was told no. He asked Vince and was told no. Getting told no and still going ahead with an angle in risky at the best of times. Had he gotten a massive reaction and been able to walk back stage after the segment and go "I told you so", he might have been fine. Had he not asked and just done it, and gone back stage afterwards and said "I read the crowd weren't into the angle, so I tried to make it a bit more memorable", he might have gotten away with it.

But he defied orders from two tiers of people above him, including Vince himself, and for what? The segment is only remembered now cause it cost him his job....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,070 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

No loss whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Wonder will he hook back up with the other lad on the independent scene?

Or did that relationship sour?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Going into business for yourself must be the ultimate no no to be fair. Don't do what your told and your out.

Worked ok for HBK back in the late nineties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭OrangeBadger

He had a terrible look, just a lanky string of p1ss

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't realise Cass leaving would get to 2 pages

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Cass is more of a Jannetty I guess :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »

At least HBK had talent tho he could get away with it.

Airplanes don't have gender specific toilets. He managed to get the door wedged and locked himself into one of the on flight toilets so he did indeed break the door down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Re Big Cass & Enzo's relationship - When Zo signs pics of the two, he draws a penis on Big Cass' head. They fell out fairly badly apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

The only thing I ever found mildly entertaining about Cass was when he used to fire Enzo about the place when they were still a tag team. That's it.
    He was unlucky to get injured when he did, but you make your own luck to a certain degree. He obviously worked hard to come back from the injury, maybe they gave him a second chance because of that and yeah Vince 101. He clearly messed that up big time.
    Good luck to him anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well as you say we aren't sure of the reliability but if there is even a bit of truth to it than cass is even dumber than I thought.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So far:

Being drunk a lot on tour
    Thinking someone was ribbing him (locking him in the bathroom) and breaking the door down meaning wrestlers had no private bathroom on the bus during the tour
    Ignoring Kevin Dunne telling him to practice a promo that Vince then hated so much he fired the writer of it.
    Ignoring a few people including Vince who told him not to attack the little person D Bryan impersonator after the initial kick
    Having a row other wrestlers had to intervene in with his ex (Carmella) where he not her wanted to get back together.

TBH all that in a short space of time means it shouldn't be a shock he's gone although I was surprised he didn't get wished well on his future endeavors.

Wonder was he struggling with being on the same brand as Carmella again

WWE Kids magazine throwing shade? Was released well before Cass was too.

https://twitter.com/joebrown44/status/1010573217113796608

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So does Drew take over as the WWE Big Man now and finally get his deserved run as the chosen one.

Not counting Braun he fits the giant mold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Is he going to be Dolphs bodyguard going forward? Helping him in IC title matches and eventually leading to him getting sick of backing up Ziggler and beating him himself

Beating Ziggler these days is nothing impressive but how else will they implode as a team

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Is he going to be Dolphs bodyguard going forward? Helping him in IC title matches and eventually leading to him getting sick of backing up Ziggler and beating him himself

Beating Ziggler these days is nothing impressive but how else will they implode as a team

Add a woman to the mix? Betrayal's are usually good for stories..

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Rehire Taryn Terrell and that storyline could write itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lithium93_ wrote: »

After how Zigglers last summer of love turned out I'd keep him away from that

Advertisement