Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother 20 (USA)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just when you think you're out, they drag you back in...

So, I heard through the grapevine that I was missing the best Big Brother in years, so naturally I hopped back on the wagon and have spent the last few days catching up on the season so far. It's been really fantastic, despite some particularly annoying houseguests (Swaggy, Rockstar, and Winston especially)... The best thing is that it hasn't been predictable at all, with the power constantly shifting between both sides. At the moment, if Tyler makes it to the final 2 he's the deserving winner, but it's hard to predict who might actually be at the final two.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johny Cage

Rockstar is an absolute idiot. She gifted Tyler the veto. Tyler has played the best game I think, he has been in control of who stays and goes most of the time. Only Haleigh has really seen through him.

Fessy, you idiot! You're ruining everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

You couldn't write this sh*t!

Great season.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

He chose.... poorly.

How is JC still in there? :)

• Advertisement

Noms episode was great.

Liked how Angela played her HOH. Probably should have put up Sam though and put Haleigh up at the veto.
    Is a showmance about to screw up Tyler's perfect game?

Oh, and JC is not a friggin' puppet master. :rolleyes:

Another good week. Loved Fessy's speech on the eviction episode. :)

Tyler is going to have to screw up in a big way to lose this season, but I think the person who won the battle back has a decent chance.

Meanwhile, more info on how JC really is a creepy little sh*t:
    https://www.tvguide.com/news/big-brother-jc-mounduix-tyler-sexual-assault/

None of it is making it to the edited show, and streamers are calling for him to be kicked out.

That bit in the middle of the nominations episode got me right in the feels. :o

Hard to see
    Haleigh
    surviving the week. At least we won't have to cringe at
    her face-palming compliments to Julie
    (well, probably once more). :)

That was a shocking episode.

Smelling piece, surprise engagement piece, Angela's gymnastics life story piece, JS's hoola hoop piece, nominations, Sam threatening to go ballistic should she be evicted on Thursday.

The only bright light in that 40 minutes was Britney Haynes. <3 Britney. Roll on TAR.

I didn't even know Nicole and Victor were a couple until this summer. What a bizarre pairing.

Yep, a LOT of filler.

• Advertisement

I do think there is generally an episode or two like this once or twice around this time in every season as the numbers continue to dwindle, but it usually picks up pace again towards the end of the season. If they're running like previous seasons, after this Thursday's double eviction, there'll be a regular Sunday episode, an extra eviction episode on the Wednesday, and then the usual eviction episode on the Thursday leaving us with the Final 3, so then they'll have that stupid BB Awards Safely Skipable Re-Cap Episode on the Sunday, leaving only the Live Finale on the 26th.

So there'll probably be more Filler in this Wednesday's episode once the PoV comp and Veto Ceremony are out of the way, but hopefully that'll be the end of Filler segments (aside from the previously mentioned BB Awards crap that I never bother watching).

I didn't mind the Nicole/Victor engagement segment, except I already knew about that part because I had seen it pop up on my Twitter feed before I watched the episode.

It's a real shame they didn't skip the battle back this year instead of insisting with stretching out the season. It's after turning into a bit of a slog as it hits the final stretch.

I guess they had to just hope that someone other than Level 6 won the HoH once Scotty got back in but the odds were always stacked against the producers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

Oh Victor, you should have stayed scruffy!!!

I forgot how horrible the editing was on the double eviction episodes.

I watched the veto and eviction episodes in 30 minutes this morning - I just flicked through them. I think I'll be doing that for the rest of the season now...

The pachinko veto was pretty cool though.

+1 to all points made above

I've been watching the whole season on 2x speed as it was and even then found myself skipping through entire chunks of the last few episodes. And this was the whole reason I felt I was done with Big Brother earlier this summer - I remembered this part of the season that was just mundane and stupid. This is where they need to start re-jigging the format to keep it fresh I think. Survivor consistently try to update the latter part of each season to keep viewers interested, as does The Amazing Race, but I think that's where Big Brother has been dropping the ball in recent years - we shouldn't want to stick with a show until the end because we've come this far, they should be able to keep things lively through the end of the season too.

Yeah, and battle backs most certainly are not the solution. Not a fan of the triple eviction that they do in canada in the end.

I'd be happy if they just shortened the season tbh.

All that's left this season is to see if Tyler can throw this win away. He's dangerously close to doing so imo.

Snoozy noms. When
    Angela
    won HoH, there wasn't going to be any surprises.

I know my music, but I have NEVER heard of Bebe Rexha before (and yes, I had to google the spelling).

I've no idea who she is either. She does seem to be more popular than ziggy marley though so they're moving in the right direction.

I genuinely can't take any more of "Let's go!". It's driving me crazy.

Not so shocking Veto/Eviction - Interesting HoH though, potential to shake things up a little bit. :)

• Advertisement

I recognised the second song she played but Jesus what crappy filler 🙈🙈🙈

HoH will be interesting.
    What happens if the one person not on the block wins veto and uses it though? They can't be put up, so what then??

There's no more veto.

The only drama I'm getting from the end game is trying to see if Tyler can throw this away. Kinda hope he continue to mess things up although I can't say I want either of the other two to win.

I don't want any of them to win really. But Kaycee has been a comp beast and, from what I saw with Haleigh towards the end, Kaycee seems very likeable. Angela and JC aren't well liked from what I can tell. And I wonder if all of Tyler's deals will lead to a bitter jury for him.

I'm hoping there are a few bitter jurors. Kaycee has been impressive in the comps and everybody seems to really like her but she has had very little input from a strategic point of view. She had no grand plan beyond getting as far as possible with level 6 and up until today she was still talking about doing what's best for 'us'.

Last night was the usual pre-finale filler episode.

I think Kaycee has a really good shot.
    Angela can get in the juror's ears though, so you never know.

Hard to think who might win the 25k favourite housemate prize though - it better not be JC.

Why do they bother with the recap. Why not show the complete first two rounds of the HoH and get more out of the ex housemates on finale night?

Didn't even bother checking last night's episode - I'm guessing that I missed literally nothing?

Not a thing.

• Advertisement

Good to know. I hope the final is good, because the last few weeks have been shockingly dull.

Btw, I decided to give BBUK a shot this year, having not watched it since the Channel 4 days, and I have to say it's actually a cracking season so far - much better than it used to be. Never thought I'd see the day that BBUK > BBUS, but it happened.

And another great Reality show I'm now obsessed with is The Circle on Channel 4, which started last week, and can not recommend it enough - it's Big Brother meets Black Mirror.

Advertisement