Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fathers day: what a load of ****e

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Yet again my ungrateful spawn have gotten me nothing. I provide food, shelter and protection from wild animals and not so much as a card. Never again.
    Your making that age old mistake of doing too much for people .

This year less food and shelter and more wild animals . You can’t continue doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results .

How about a motorbike bike / sports car / young blonde . Seems like a lot of work at your / my age .

How old are the kids . I loved / and still do the old way in Ireland that when you got to 12 / 13 you got money for clothes at christmas ( and not too much ) and when you got to 16 / 17 birthday/ christmas presents came to an end because you were an adult . A great coming of age and who doesn’t want to come of age ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Ah Father's day, the most confusing day of the year in Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 10 redhen94

For those fathers who got recognition today, congratulations. And mothers who raised kids alone, like mine RIP, congratulations too. And for those who were forgotten, at least you know you did your best for your kids. Big hugs to those who weren't recognised. I'm a parent, although not a father. Come to think of it, my brood didn't remember their dad today either. Better give them a prod. Fathers are special. But for those who had a troubled relationship with their fathers, big hugs to you too. Life is such an interesting experience. So different for each and every one of us. Different families have different dynamics. Isn't that true?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Thats it bud, you teach them some of life's real life lessons like perpetuating anger and only give to receive.
    Giving human beings stuff for nothing never brings good result .

The two really Spoilt People that I know have lived two very self destructive lives .

It has been a disaster for themselves and for anyone around them .

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

JMNolan wrote: »
    Would you ever fuck off
    My kids said the same thing to me about Fathers day :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Fathers, mothers, Valentine's day = idiot tax

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I got several homemade cards from playschool, chipper delivery last night, fry up this morning. Take that Hallmark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Yet again my ungrateful spawn have gotten me nothing. I provide food, shelter and protection from wild animals and not so much as a card. Never again.

Have a ****.

It's fathers day.

Youre allowed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Fathers, mothers, Valentine's day = idiot tax

single??:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

cajonlardo wrote: »
    Mother's day was around long before Hallmark
    It goes back to the days of the big houses having a designated day allowing the service staff to visit their Mothers

http://www.irishcultureandcustoms.com/ACalend/MothersDay.html

Yes but Irish mother’s day isn’t the same date as the American one. Father’s Day is. So that was imported.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    single??:p

Send me your mums number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

It is 7am. What were you hoping for this early??

Well if you have to ask then i don't want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

This thread is taking longer than usual to descend into rants about feminism.

Do your kids do stuff for mothers' day op?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Father's Day is like Nazi Germany. Dutch ovens for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Happy father's day to all the amazing Dads out there who are selfless, loving and always a safe harbour in a storm!

You are doing an amazing job, even if no one has made you breakfast in bed today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Repay the lovely gesture for their birthdays/Xmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Repay the lovely gesture for their birthdays/Xmas

Ah he's already got them covered....

Birthday: shelter

Christmas: food

Just because not all heroes wear capes: doesn't let wild animals kill his kids.

Someone get that man a jambon and a can of coke already!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

redhen94 wrote: »
    For those fathers who got recognition today, congratulations. And mothers who raised kids alone, like mine RIP, congratulations too. And for those who were forgotten, at least you know you did your best for your kids. Big hugs to those who weren't recognised. I'm a parent, although not a father. Come to think of it, my brood didn't remember their dad today either. Better give them a prod. Fathers are special. But for those who had a troubled relationship with their fathers, big hugs to you too. Life is such an interesting experience. So different for each and every one of us. Different families have different dynamics. Isn't that true?
    They didn't recognise your b8rthday nor did they recognise fathers day
    Sounds like you raised a thoughtless self involved brood of kids there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

SeaFields wrote: »
    I got several homemade cards from playschool, chipper delivery last night, fry up this morning. Take that Hallmark.
    Trying to kill you off by the sound of it

It is 7am. What were you hoping for this early??

A bit of morning glory from the woman who made him a father.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Heading over to give my Dad his card and buy a box of chocs &/a book en route! Just because its late dosn't mean its not going to happen!Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads : )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It's great.

My lot have persuaded me to take them out for lunch and pay for it. They seem to be particularly enjoying the expensive array of desserts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Have a ****.

It's fathers day.

Youre allowed

If you'd just done that at the feckin' start you wouldn't be worrying about the little shites now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

That reminds me. I need to wish my dead father a happy fathers day on Twitter and as many other social media sites as possible for complete strangers to read. The fact that my father could barely operate a remote control let alone a computer and wouldn't even read it if he were alive is what will make this heartfelt gesture even more meaningful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

That reminds me. I need to wish my dead father a happy fathers day on Twitter and as many other social media sites as possible for complete strangers to read. The fact that my father could barely operate a remote control let alone a computer and wouldn't even read it if he were alive is what will make this heartfelt gesture even more meaningful.

Well - its cheaper that putting a bunch of flowers on a grave to wilt although less healthy and outdoorsy. Although perhaps your Dad may have beeen reincarnated as an IT geek or be having the last laugh on a cloud playing XBox with Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brainfreeze

I provide food, shelter and protection from wild animals

https://youtu.be/B0B_ekSrsEk?t=17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

JayZeus wrote: »

Thinly veiled ‘I had sex once’ thread.
    FYP :pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

The single mothers posts have kicked in on fb .. "happy Father's day to the best mother I know coz she raised them alone" ...

Bleaughhhhh

Don't they have Mothers Day?:confused:

Fooking gimps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Don't they have Mothers Day?:confused:

Fooking gimps!

Yes,but they feel entitled to Father's Day too. It's the annual attempt to diminish a father's role in the family unit.

Advertisement