Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are all men stronger than all women?

Options
  • 16-06-2018 2:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭

Even the short and scrawny adult males? I knew a guy in a programming class who was about 2 inches shorter than me (5ft 3in) but told me he was significantly underweight (about 54kgs). Said he does crystal meth and cocaine which probably curbs his appetite and makes him that small, as well as working in a kitchen which probably exacerbates that as well.

I'm wondering if a trained female athlete that was about 5ft 8in and 70kg woman could destroy him? Or is the muscle mass still much greater than a man regardless of how petite and underweight a man?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Kick him in the groin?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A child's got more bones than a grown-up's got!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

The average man is physically stronger than 90% of women.

But then you talk about fighting. Relative skill will play a huge factor in this.

If you can, take a read of this comparative study from the NCBI:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8477683

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

Men break around the pockets.......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The record for female bench press is 272kg. If you can't bench that, then, well, there's your answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

Is this trained female athlete a trained MMA fighter or a trained volleyball player? If the former she'd mince him if the latter id say it be a good little scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Real Madra

Personally I think an even more pressing question is who would win in a fight between a giraffe and a squirrel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Get Dana White on the phone.

If he can get Conor McGregor a 100 million dollar pay out despite never having boxed before tthen surely he can arrange this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Gbear wrote: »
    The record for female bench press is 272kg. If you can't bench that, then, well, there's your answer.

Hmm I wonder was that a natural lift.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

[all men] > [all women]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I challenge the average lad to last even thirty seconds against Karolina Kowalkiewicz. :D

I challenge the average lad to last even thirty seconds against Karolina Kowalkiewicz. :D

Would you really put your money on a 5'3 115 pound woman against a 6'0 200 pound physically fit male?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Kinky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I remember a bunch of us in school had an arm wrestling competition in a free class on the last day before summer holidays. One of the girls decided to have a go. Big farmer's daughter, well used to pulling calves out of cows. She absolutely demolished me and then 2 other lads before the rest of them opted out! She was freakish strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Cyborg, maybe, sure Karolina is only 8 stone.

Is this question really asking every man of a certain height and weight is always stronger than a woman of the same?

Cyborg, maybe, sure Karolina is only 8 stone.

It's not just the weight, men have far greater bone density, are able to exert more force from their muscles while also having the advantage of far greater amounts of testosterone coursing through their bodies (well maybe that's negated in the case of Cyborg)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Real Madra wrote: »
    Personally I think an even more pressing question is who would win in a fight between a giraffe and a squirrel.

Eophippus was a duck sized horse.

Bullockornis was a horse sized duck.

Diatryma2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,268 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Would we be allowed to use one of those lad-numbing johnnies?

Am assuming she's hot or something.

Not that I'd be using a feckin johnny anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Real Madra wrote: »

Or who would win between a squirrel sized giraffe and a giraffe sized squirrel?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

A child's got more bones than a grown-up's got!

A child's got more bones than a grown-up's got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭May Contain Small Parts

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Is this trained female athlete a trained MMA fighter or a trained volleyball player? If the former she'd mince him if the latter id say it be a good little scrap.

They'd both mince him.

The only difference is the fighter would know when to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

That's a natural law.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭May Contain Small Parts

[he] was about 2 inches shorter than me (5ft 3in) but told me he was significantly underweight (about 54kgs)
    That isn't underweight BTW, it's pretty-much bang on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭nigel_wilson

[all men] > [all women]

Even a castrated man?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Lad I used to hang about with was convinced Rhonda Rousey would beat Floyd Mayweather in an MMA fight. Absolutely convinced because he didn't know MMA she would beat him. I told him she'd be destroyed in 30 secs if she managed to stay away from him that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Joshua J wrote: »
    Lad I used to hang about with was convinced Rhonda Rousey would beat Floyd Mayweather in an MMA fight. Absolutely convinced because he didn't know MMA she would beat him. I told him she'd be destroyed in 30 secs if she managed to stay away from him that long.

So who won ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Yes thats why babbies are really wobbley.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

The KY Jelly wrestling against women was too much for Old Blue.

You're ma boy, Blue. You're ma boy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Last in court you mean? Because he would be up for murder. She is a tiny woman.

Advertisement