Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad day...son laughs at father...

Options
13»

Comments

^

I liked that too until I realised that the white lad getting a kicking wasn’t actually part of the family. Nevertheless he became friends with the ra.

Well I suppose the English son was kicking him.

Hmmm. Good point. Who's the white lad meant to be? Think you need to alter that a bit riffmongous to see the husband and father rejected by wife and child in an alien land and all he has left is the Ra to accept him. Great suffering right there in that ultimate rejection.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Typical British children you wouldn't get that in dear old Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Typical British children you wouldn't get that in dear old Ireland

Oh God no.

I can safely say without fear of contradiction that an English person has never ever had their accent or home country mocked to their face while in Ireland.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Hmmm. Good point. Who's the white lad meant to be? Think you need to alter that a bit riffmongous to see the husband and father rejected by wife and child in an alien land and all he has left is the Ra to accept him. Great suffering right there in that ultimate rejection.
    Those arent people though, they are the demons troubling the poor OP (in white)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Tree against one isn't fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

B0jangles wrote: »
    Tell him that if you and your wife have another kid, that kid would be your turd.
    He already dropped the turd. The turd is 6 years old now.

lawred2 wrote: »
    surely the simplest solution is to just pronounce your words correctly you massive bogger

We all know that Dubs are experts on the English language.

I've never noticed anyone of any nationality pronounce tree and three differently. I've seen Americans say they love the way Irish people say 33 and I have no idea what that's supposed to mean either.

Americans call it turdy three.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

That's what you get for making a Sasanach

You've made your bed.......

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

There's a certain irony in English people complaining when others drop the letter H.
    Did you say S as in Sssibilant or F For Fricative ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Free? No I paid for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭AllForIt

From now on OP just say six divided by 2 instead. Prob solved.

Poetic! Reminds me of that Austin Clarke poem in Soundings when I did the Leaving and everybody was wondering what the heifer symbolised. One of the great mysteries of secondary school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Poetic! Reminds me of that Austin Clarke poem in Soundings when I did the Leaving and everybody was wondering what the heifer symbolised. One of the great mysteries of secondary school.

Those were the cliches of mid 20 C Irish poetry.

Heifers, boreens , planters daughters, butter churns, wheel barrows, mud paths and for the urbane, canals.

Those were the cliches of mid 20 C Irish poetry.

Heifers, boreens , planters daughters, butter churns, wheel barrows, mud paths and for the urbane, canals.

Ah now, now Franz. Get in the corner and put that cap on you; the heifer symbolised the lost opportunity for creating a new Ireland that was the Civil War (if I recall the notes in Soundings correctly where somebody wrote to Clarke and asked him what in the name of bejaysas that heifer symbolised) - which is why none of us could get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I was just about to mention the number of English ppl who can't say Ireland but say island - just as I had that though whilst watching TV a Sky News presenter who introduced the report about the current royal visit to Ireland said island several times. When I lived in the UK I had a friend who admitted to me he just couldn't say it at all.

Advertisement