Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad day...son laughs at father...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Get your own back by dressing up in a spooooky mask and giving him a bit of a fright

3b1342_56cb645db20b44d292965a6f82fe469fmv2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

El Tarangu wrote: »
    Get your own back by dressing up in a spooooky mask and giving him a bit of a fright

Oooooo
    Scary Irish men

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

Sell him to an adoption agency. Make sure you vet the family who adopts him, and make sure they are right bunch of bastards. He's a wronging and needs to suffer the consequences of his actions. When he's 18, send him a birthday card and write on it "That's what you get for making fun of the way I speak" with a really sarcastic smiley face below it.

A valuable lesson will have been learned, and also you'll have followed the path of Bruce Lee of keeping what is useful and discarding what is useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

A family friend grew up in England, Irish father English mother. Got a fair bit of anti-Irish sentiment at school and stuff. Then one night when he was trying to put his pissed father to bed he told him to "get away from me, you little English cnut".

Funnily enough he never really felt like he belonged to either identity..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

El Tarangu wrote: »

Where did you get that?

Look it....it was Rag Week 98. It thought it was just a bit of craic with the lads. I was very cold that day and heating gone and went to a local cafe for some grub. Hence we are just waiting to be served. An unfortunate camera angle makes it look a little ominous I accept.

It's been taken out of context.

• Advertisement

A family friend grew up in England, Irish father English mother. Got a fair bit of anti-Irish sentiment at school and stuff. Then one night when he was trying to put his pissed father to bed he told him to "get away from me, you little English cnut".

Funnily enough he never really felt like he belonged to either identity..

Shame on the father.

TBF I have not experienced any anti Irish feeling. Son goes to a Catholic school and quite a large number of the kids are from second third generation Irish stock- there is a fair sprinkling of Irish surnames among the teachers. Not a week goes by where I do not get a 'Oh my I]insert family relation[/I was from I]insert random county[/I.'- yeah that's great I am so interested.

It is very diverse where I am and I deal with people from all over the world. Being Irish really is not a big deal. As I am white and speak English I do not stick out- anyway we are no longer the bogey man.

Then again I work in a professional services industry and not a building site so I am not likely to come across the usual Paddy Whackery wise cracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

lawred2 wrote: »
    surely the simplest solution is to just pronounce your words correctly you massive bogger

Where in gods name do Dubliners think they pronounce three correctly. Dubliners are by far the worst offenders.

Bertie for instance. Let me say dis about that, turty tree yeers ago when I was a soclist...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

An English boss of mine once said I was an articulate man with a pleasant accent but (and I quote) “ what’s with this “tree” instead of three bollocks”.

I blamed imperialism.

I call shenanigans. Unless he was a member of the Royal Family, he either said "thray lad" (oop t'Nawth) or "free" (Landan annat innit fackin' caaaahhn!!) :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    I call shenanigans. Unless he was a member of the Royal Family, he either said "thray lad" (oop t'Nawth) or "free" (Landan annat innit fackin' caaaahhn!!) :D

Oxford grad. Was posher than the Queen. (And was actually a queen).

Top bloke.

Where in gods name do Dubliners think they pronounce three correctly. Dubliners are by far the worst offenders.

Ain't that the truth.

• Advertisement

Oxford grad. Was poster than the Queen. (And was actually a queen).

Top bloke.

He's in the minority. Aside from a handful like him, no-one in England actually pronounces English properly. :D

He's in the minority. Aside from a handful like him, no-one in England actually pronounces English properly. :D

He did say “I was sat” a lot. So I had that.

He did say “I was sat” a lot. So I had that.

Ah! Betcha he's originally from Yorkshire. Does he have a cat? Ask him if it's a tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Many English people can't pronounce 'R' properly, so if they are being dicks about how you pronounce 'Three', just smile and ask them to say "Brexit".

Or "Recession"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Say to him "At least I'm not English!"

Or "I shagged your ma last night"

Ah! Betcha he's originally from Yorkshire. Does he have a cat? Ask him if it's a tom.

They all say “I was sat” these days. Even down south.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Son: "MOMMY..Daddy said it wrong. He said tree games today and not three."

What gave him that idear?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

We are bad, it's worse in Cork though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Tell him to shove that H up his ole.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Slag him off for calling his mam "Mommy" and call him a yank little piece of disrespectful sh*t

• Advertisement

This came out a lot danker than I planned and wanted but well I spent 5 minutes on it so here you go OP

453428.jpg

hehe - sheer genius!!

^

I liked that too until I realised that the white lad getting a kicking wasn’t actually part of the family. Nevertheless he became friends with the ra.

Well I suppose the English son was kicking him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Grayson wrote: »
    It starts young. I've always found that english people love to mimic us saying three. Never met an american who does that though.

Americans start blabbering on about Lucky Charms and other such nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I've never noticed anyone of any nationality pronounce tree and three differently. I've seen Americans say they love the way Irish people say 33 and I have no idea what that's supposed to mean either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I've never noticed anyone of any nationality pronounce tree and three differently. I've seen Americans say they love the way Irish people say 33 and I have no idea what that's supposed to mean either.

Irish accents don't pronounce the h.

It's very noticeable tbh. I cringe when I hear myself doing it.

I don't want yanks laughing at me, thinking I'm some sort of bog ape out of Punch Magazine.

I don't like the thick (tick) paddy/mick stereotype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

B0jangles wrote: »
    Many English people can't pronounce 'R' properly, so if they are being dicks about how you pronounce 'Three', just smile and ask them to say "Brexit".

Or "Recession"

They definitely can't pronounce their Rs, I have an Irish name with an R at the end and not one person can say it properly. Sigh.

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    They definitely can't pronounce their Rs, I have an Irish name with an R at the end and not one person can say it properly. Sigh.

Another thing is that they pronounce their 'g' quite hard at the end of words.

Also, I say that the English stole our 'th'.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

emo72 wrote: »
    I didn't know there was a different way to pronounce tree and three?

Is this a joke?

It’s very obvious. Although when you are here for a while you get used.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Moved to England 10 years ago. Wife English....

Spot the Tan.... :pac:

Advertisement