Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticket dilemma....what would you do??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Last year a call centre I worked in had a competition where the person with best call stats wins two tickets for Electric Picnic. An email went out to everyone to announce that this guy won and 10 minutes later we all got an email from the winner offering the tickets for the price EP tickets were normally sold. No shame.

OP, just stick with it, you did make it sound like the tickets are free. Don't be that guy like.

You are dead right....I'd hate to be that guy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

RobertKK wrote: »
    You need to get with it....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/why-are-middle-aged-men-so-obsessed-with-taylor-swift/

Go and enjoy it, I'm in my early 40's, couldn't careless what people think, I'm going to enjoy myself, she puts on a great concert.

Ah, I'm only joking - I wouldn't really give a rats arse what people thought, I couldn't go even if I got the OP's free tickets, but I'm wrinkly enough to do my own thing at this stage.

As for Taylor - 1989 is a fantastic album and fúck me she's hot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Trasna1

Okay folks, my fault I prob.wasn't clear. I won two premium tickets for Taylor Swift tonight. I set up a thread among my friends, who I thought may be fans (few and far between !). Anyway my post was...hi guys, two premium tickets up for grabs, message me, first come first served.

One friend said, yes please....me and ***** would be thrilled. She never asked how much. I said grand, they are yours and she replied "wow, thanks so much" ....the vibe is I aint getting paid for this :eek:

Okay, they didn't cost me anything but I could have got a fair few quid if I put them up on FB, etc..... and I know she's a friend but shouldn't she give me something????

The reason you got those tickets for free was because the promoters couldn't sell them.

There won't be many touts outside croke park making a killing off of Taylor Swift...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why unfortunately?

I think it's really bad form to think you could charge friends for tickets you got for free.

Well I just would have sold them online instead on a ticket website and got good money for them and avoid the whole issue with money and friends, I also think he shouldn't charge a friend but I think he should have got money for a popular concert he doesnt want to go to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

And this is why Facebook is not good for maintaining friendships :PAC:

I've gotten free tickets for gigs before through online posts like this (so many people often don't go to gigs they've bought tickets for!). I'll usually get the person a bottle of wine or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

tear em up a la Pat Kenny

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Have just been offered free premium tickets for this concert tonight.

Aparantly they can’t give them away.

OP, don’t be so mean and stingy, give the tickets away and wish the person a good night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭TheTruthIsMine

Okay folks, my fault I prob.wasn't clear. I won two premium tickets for Taylor Swift tonight. I set up a thread among my friends, who I thought may be fans (few and far between !). Anyway my post was...hi guys, two premium tickets up for grabs, message me, first come first served.

One friend said, yes please....me and ***** would be thrilled. She never asked how much. I said grand, they are yours and she replied "wow, thanks so much" ....the vibe is I aint getting paid for this :eek:

Okay, they didn't cost me anything but I could have got a fair few quid if I put them up on FB, etc..... and I know she's a friend but shouldn't she give me something????
    I can imagine Taylor's song how this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I can imagine Taylor's song how this!

Marty-McFly-What.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd definitely stick with it and give them away for free because that's how you made it appear, especially when it was sent to friends.

However....if it were me receiving them, I'd at the very least buy the gifter a tray of beer/bottle of gin or whatever as a thank you for the tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,913 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

They cant fill the seats theres free tickets on offer all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

OP, there were 40,000 tickets given away for free to the two gigs. People who bought tickets at face value (which was pricey) can barely give them away now. There’s tickets going for free all over the place. I’m sure your friend knew this and knew you didn’t pay for them, so presumed you weren’t looking for anything for them, ‘cause that would be kinda scabby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Last years Hurling all Ireland final, Galway V Waterford, tickets were like hens teeth. I traveled to Dublin the night before with no ticket, making calls to try to get my hands on one. Anyway a friend of a friend of a friend had a spare ticket for the Cusack stand. Face value €80.
    I arranged to meet him out side the stand prior to the match. I rocked up delighted i was going and shook hands with the man, a man in his 70s. He handed me the ticket and i handed over the €80. He pushed my hand away. 'I got that for free, I'll have no luck taking money from you for it'. I insisted but so did he. I found out his address and also that he had a liking for a drop of whiskey now and then, sent him a nice bottle at christmas.
    Give the tickets to your friend. They're your friend!!

That is just so nice, and decent, on both sides.

OP, from what I'm hearing there were a lot of free tickets for this concert. So I don't think you would have had much chance of getting money for them.

Advertisement