Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can you hear?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dog barking in the park, my 4 month old getting a bit restless in the Moses basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The hum of the hard drive and nothing else. I think everyone is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I have tinnitus as well so that's a constant
    My fridge playing Flight of the Bumblebees
    Hum of laptop fan
    Wind blowing the trees in the garden

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

The missus giving out because I didn't put the washing out. It's pishing down outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

A hiss, mostly. Non-stop, 24/7/365.25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I can hear the sounds of my broken dreams falling in twisted shards around me while the wind howls a mournful reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

The drone of the air con unit in my hotel room and the distant hum of traffic in the distance outside my window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Husband and puppy in bed, I'm sitting here with my buddy Jack Daniels listening to the rain against the window and the wind blowing through the trees. I love the sound of wind and rain, it makes me feel all fluffy inside. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

A/C

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

I can hear pilots of an aircraft over the mid atlantic talking to air traffic control in shanwick. The aircraft is 46 miles off course which could be a problem. I can also hear the wind howling. :D

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Tinnitus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Hey, that's my girlfriend screamin' in the trunk
    But I didn't xxxx her xxxxxx, I just tied her up.
    Em...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I can hear the low thud of a door closing in my neighbours house.....

...or is it my house....?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I can hear my mam pottering around downstairs, and the wind and rain outside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Just the wind.
    If you had asked me two years ago it would have been drunks passing, students partying and a band practicing in the flat above.
    Now it's just the wind. I'm unsure which is better to be honest.

Himself snoring. The dogs snoring. The cats in another room battering rattly balls off the walls. Myself sighing. It's going to be a long night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

The wind in the trees.

I love when it's howling windy, the rain is battering the windows and I'm safe in bed. Oddly I sleep really well when the weather is doing it's worst outside.

Goodnight Hector.

Ya hoora hooora hooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Gale gusts, sudden and loud... rattlings and rumblings and squeaks all around the dwelling...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

deco nate wrote: »
    Em...

Was listening to Eminem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

John Creedon. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Graces7 wrote: »
    Here?

Dog snoring in the kitchen....

Bird singing outside..

Small clock ticking quietly..

all else silent

And you?

Seagulls,that Love Island show and a helicopter. I can also hear the wife, but hearing and listening are two different things my friend. To complicate things further, Im in the kitchen squinting me eyes at the sea and listening to a band from before my time called The Small Faces. Is that prick of a wild tomcat still givin you grief missis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

Getting quiet now but still some traffic in the main road and the odd bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Right now, I can hear my 2 kids giggling away in the kitchen, goofing about, preparing their lunch for their school tours tomorrow. They're super excited, they've got special treats going in and finally feel like their school year is coming to an end.

edit : and past their bed time too !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

John Creedon. .

I f*ckin love his shows. The one about all the cities in Ireland was brilliant. Board failte could learn a lesson or two there.

The variable wind song and the small clock ticking quietly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Tinnitus. Dogs making sleeping sounds. My turtles filter :)

Beauty is that I can't hear my infernal Goldie Mule! I put him back in his flight cage today. Rooms away. Even with a tea towel draped across his little cage, in here, he got revenge for his confinement by singing his head off!

If I watched a video clip? If a Dog drank water? He'd start singing. 03:30? Not funny!

Wind and clock..occasional rustlings from the kitchen as the dog turns over. Quiet island!

Wind and rain and sparrow parent alarming loudly.. My cats are all fast asleep in here..

Advertisement