Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Jacking Dublin!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

the_syco wrote: »
    Lack of jail cells to send them to also probably affects this?

That's exactly it. If judges started sending people to prison properly there would be a crisis in the prison system followed very shortly after with a political crisis. Solicitors will always have enough criminal cases to be getting on with, especially any firm with any clout and to think anyone gives two ****s about relatively newly qualified JC's is laughable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Political interference in the judiciary is exactly why there are lenient sentences being given out.

correct and political interference in policing too
    which is why the gardai spend more time producing stats and than providing an actual policing service

Imagine a police force that wasn't subject to the whims of the government and ministers of the day.

politicians who had to worry about staying within the laws themselves might just be a good thing dont you think ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Another reason to lock your doors while driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Something I don't get, not necessarily in this case, but generally if you watch these dash cam road rage clips like I do because of lack of anything better to do is you're in a 2 ton hunk of metal; I'd park on the mofo. I know you're likely to get done for it but I'll take my chances with a jury if my kid was in the back.

Advertisement