Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Jacking Dublin!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,242 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

they were talking about it on the 1 o clock news, all they had was a partial licence plate number ?? Do they not know their own plate number. Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

2smiggy wrote: »
    they were talking about it on the 1 o clock news, all they had was a partial licence plate number ?? Do they not know their own plate number. Strange

Might have been a rental?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

2smiggy wrote: »

I don't know the numbers on mine ! When asked I have to look out the window to see the plate

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I don't know the numbers on mine ! When asked I have to look out the window to see the plate

That is a seriously long neck you have there...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Horrible case, is this what Dublin has become ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

That is a seriously long neck you have there...

Out my sitting room window when asked by insurance or tax etc !!'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Horrible case, is this what Dublin has become ?

A nasty thing for those involved but You would think such things never happen anywhere.

There was a man hacked to death last night so compare the two crimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

It doesn’t matter about the car as long as the baby is safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Its like Boyz in the Hood

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The guy came at them with a knife while they were in the car. Why were the doors not locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What next? Someone will be murdered, and then where are we? Drive-by shootings in the night, it'll be like "Boyz N The Hood" and we'll have whores selling their wares on the street and the pimps will be using crack to keep the whores under control, I'm going now to lock myself in the basement until they catch that fella.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Man who exited the car and left his baby behind should be ashamed of himself. Show a little fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Can easily check it through insurance etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The guy came at them with a knife while they were in the car. Why were the doors not locked?

Baffles me that people don't lock their feckin doors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

I hope that scumbag is caught and given a long long suspended sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Amazing how people seem to know the full facts of this already and feel right to serve judgement...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Baffles me that people don't lock their feckin doors.

My car locks the doors automatically when the car starts to move. I bought that would have been the case with most new cars.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Giving the baby back would surely get them a suspended sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

doylefe wrote: »
    Man who exited the car and left his baby behind should be ashamed of himself. Show a little fight.

Ah yes, you're dead right all mighty keyboard warrior :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nowaynever

Giving the baby back would surely get them a suspended sentence

Martin Nolan is on the case as we speak.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Why dont people remember this and other horrible crimes when next politicians come knocking on the door looking or votes.

if you want law and order and a safer Ireland then apply pressure to the gombeens asshats who make the laws and finance the enforcement of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

and we'll have whores selling their wares on the street and the pimps will be using crack to keep the whores under control, I'm going now to lock myself in the basement until they catch that fella.

You think this isn't going on right now, but with heroin.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Why dont people remember this and other horrible crimes when next politicians come knocking on the door looking or votes.

if you want law and order and a safer Ireland then apply pressure to the gombeens asshats who make the laws and finance the enforcement of them.

Will everyone be assigned a member of the gardai to be with them at all times?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Will everyone be assigned a member of the gardai to be with them at all times?

properly enforced laws and punishments for dangerous criminals to protect the rest of us from them

well resourced police force with judicial and political support

Lock up criminals and you wont need a garda to hold your hand

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It certainly looks like an insurance scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

the_syco wrote: »
    It certainly looks like an insurance scam.

You mean internal affairs were in on it the whole time?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,580 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

mynamejeff wrote: »
    properly enforced laws and punishments for dangerous criminals to protect the rest of us from them

well resourced police force with judicial and political support

Lock up criminals and you wont need a garda to hold your hand

Ah yes. Judicial support.

Sure all that you need for that is to vote for a politician and the judiciary will suddenly start applying proper sentences.

If only someone had said it was that straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Ah yes. Judicial support.

Sure all that you need for that is to vote for a politician and the judiciary will suddenly start applying proper sentences.

If only someone had said it was that straightforward.

Political interference in the judiciary is exactly why there are lenient sentences being given out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Political interference in the judiciary is exactly why there are lenient sentences being given out.
    Lack of jail cells to send them to also probably affects this?

Advertisement