Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Dead in Osinzir

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    She approaches the door, checking for traps and secrets
    Just in time she catches a sequence of calligraphic hexes in very faint ink at the base of the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ooc : I take it she can't read them?

"Lumol, those glyphs mean anything to you?"

Assuming not : "can you phase us through that door without me having to get any closer?"

"I can phase us through the door no problem, without triggering them. It's a temporal shifting spell"

"featherplucker! Are those common? I may have missed one of those already. The electric camel said the race is today - I'm missing 2 days... That chunderbucket Fathe has probably sold my glove and spent my down payment.

Can you see which way it goes? Forward or back?"

If forward or unknown, phase past to avoid triggering.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Fourier wrote: »
    Mags plays the house down with his new friend and instrument. The inn decides not to charge and gives Mags one of their better rooms for the night.
    Feeling fine, well fed and magics back up to strength* Mags counts out his money. Two gold, one silver, six copper (two of which are actually rivets rather than coin). A veritable fortune!
    He asks the barkeep if there is a bookie nearby.
    "I've heard there is a race and I'd like to take a wee wager. What odds do I get on backing a stranger to the city? When does the race start and where is a good place to watch it from?"
    He wants to put himself into any place where he might overtly or covertly help Retula.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

OOC : Did you spend the 80GP Retula gave you back in post 35, Mags' cut of the 240GP the Dwarves found in the Ant Nest, back when we were all friends, pretending to be slaves, and I hadn't murdered them yet? With the dwarves and Dusty gone, it went 3 ways though I don't think Therai ever got his cut on account of him ditching me in the jungle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OOC : Did you spend the 80GP Retula gave you back in post 35, Mags' cut of the 240GP the Dwarves found in the Ant Nest, back when we were all friends, pretending to be slaves, and I hadn't murdered them yet? With the dwarves and Dusty gone, it went 3 ways though I don't think Therai ever got his cut on account of him ditching me in the jungle.
    OOC: Never being one to track coin I instantly forgot about that. Lets just say I repaid debts that I owed for the Bards Union dues, festival expenses, primo weed and lustful partners. :)
    Easy come, easy go is Mags mantra. I think he's written a song about it.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

"featherplucker! Are those common? I may have missed one of those already. The electric camel said the race is today - I'm missing 2 days... That chunderbucket Fathe has probably sold my glove and spent my down payment.

Can you see which way it goes? Forward or back?"

If forward or unknown, phase past to avoid triggering.
    Lumol looks closely.

"It goes back Retula, quite a bit I think!"

"quite a bit, eh? Like, say, I dunno, a couple 'hundred years?"
    She looks down at her hands.
    "Yeah, that's all starting to make a weird and terrifying kind of sense now.... Ok, good to know, I have a terrible feeling we'll be needing that later, but warp us past it for now, dude."

Lumol phases them through into a meditation chamber.

It simply contains two meditation mats in front of a still pool with an apple floating above it.

Beyond the pool is another door.

• Advertisement

Ooc : is it a pool of water? (Or at least in so far as Retula can see or smell?) And the Apple is floating above it, not in it?

She sits cross-legged on one of the mats and contemplates the Apple for a moment.

Ooc : is it a pool of water? (Or at least in so far as Retula can see or smell?) And the Apple is floating above it, not in it?
    OOC: Water, apple floating above it.
    She sits cross-legged on one of the mats and contemplates the Apple for a moment.
    The apple feels as though it has a spell in it.

"hmmmm.... The camel *did* ask me not to touch. But I am pretty hungry.... Ah look, let's see what's through the door."
    She silences her rumbling tum and heads towards the door, checking for traps and doors.

Retula enters a small room, containing a glass case with three golden hands lying within it.

Each hand has magical calligraphy written on its surface and each holds a scroll.

"Lumol, Hetyaro, Humphs - this calligraphy mean anything to you? Other than someone's parents pushed way too much expectation on them?"

She examines for differences between the hands - position, condition, gender, age.
    She also confirms there are no other exits and whether the case looks like it's locked.

The hands seem artificially perfect, gender or age cannot be determined. All are in the same position, clenched fists facing Retula. There are no other exits, but there is a window overlooking the shrine with the camelmen below.

Lumol looks carefully.

"They're poison curses"

"Poison eh? Can you establish how lethal they are?

If they'll kill me... Well that's not the problem it used to be. But I don't want to be stuck with a wheezy cough or pimples. Imagine, pimples with this complexion..."

Ooc : can I Toll The Dead to rot the flesh off them or use thorn Whip to Indiana Jones those scrolls out of the hands?

KRAAAAW!
    "I said I'd buy some when we get back to his shop! Let it go!"

"Poison eh? Can you establish how lethal they are?"
    "Touching two could kill, three would be absolutely lethal...not a problem for you though"
    Ooc : can I Toll The Dead to rot the flesh off them or use thorn Whip to Indiana Jones those scrolls out of the hands?
    It looks to Retula that Thorn Whip might pull them out, unless the hands have unusual strength. Hard to tell if the flesh can be rotted, but it is living flesh.

Ooc : toll the dead dishes necrotic damage and works on line of sight so should work on the hands without opening the case but not the scrolls. I'll try that.

Retula raises her arms as a wave of corrosive necrotic energies rushes out of her, rotting the wood along the floor and disintegrating the hands. Now only the scrolls lie within.

• Advertisement

Taking care to not stand on rotting floorboards she opens the case and grabs the 3 scrolls - if they're going to kill her, best to only die the once.

Ooc : I'm going to regret not checking the bones for glyphs...

If she gets them and is still alive, she'll take an initial look at them through Hetyaros's capable but expendable eyes.

If she gets them and is still alive, she'll take an initial look at them through Hetyaros's capable but expendable eyes.
    The scrolls are removed with no ill effects.

She gingerly unfurls one for the Raven to peruse, sharing it's eyes if it doesn't immediately burst into flames or turn to stone

She gingerly unfurls one for the Raven to peruse, sharing it's eyes if it doesn't immediately burst into flames or turn to stone
    The Raven reads the first scroll and the Queen provides insight. The scroll is Cyrmouchi's Unbounded Mistake, it permits a one minute window to be reeated endlessly until a condition of the casters choosing occurs. It has a small chance of failing when activated.

Ooc : same process for the other 2, please

The next scroll contains a spell known as 'The Unbidden Rival', a powerful reality altering spell that in a moment of peril causes the users archnemesis to appear and save them. The downside being the creation of this archnemesis.

The last, 'Typio's Friendship over Waves' takes the caster directly to one person they know, regardless of what sort of barriers stand between them.

"Sweet! Ok we're late for the race. Let's go!"

On the way, she grabs the apple, taking a bite if it doesn't splode her immediately :)

"Sweet! Ok we're late for the race. Let's go!"

On the way, she grabs the apple, taking a bite if it doesn't splode her immediately :)
    Magically energy starts bleeding out of Retula's skin.

OOC: Two extra spell slots for the race.

Ooc : so I take it the lost time is due to me triggering a trap earlier? Can I make the race in 4hrs? Wait, is it still 4hrs?

On the way out, she asks the electric camel how long till the race and if they know the quickest way there.

• Advertisement

Ooc : so I take it the lost time is due to me triggering a trap earlier? Can I make the race in 4hrs? Wait, is it still 4hrs?
    OOC: Correct, it was a trap
    On the way out, she asks the electric camel how long till the race and if they know the quickest way there.
    "Three and a half hours Lady Retula, the quickest way would be by renting a raptor to ride near the Ziggurat, they'll get you there quick enough."

Advertisement