Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Dead in Osinzir

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Fourier wrote: »
    Looking down, he sees 2GP in total in his cap.
    "Nice!"
    Mags pays for and collects the rest of the flyers then returns for another kebabosaur.
    While he's munching he asks the vendor if there is a magical portal anywhere nearby.

"Now, where to go next. Retula seems to have this end of things sown up and I've no idea where everyone else is."

He takes out the Once a week Jinn ring and summons the efreet.
    "Hya dude, or dudess. So, you know this wish granting thing. There is no limit to your powers right? If I said 'Take me to my friends' you'd do that. And if I said 'Make me Master of 7 Planes' you could do that too, right?
    Hummmm, thats a lot to think about.
    OK, my wish...my wish for this week...my wish is...a nice cup of hot tea, Earl Grey for preference. No milk, no sugar and don't let it stew.
    I love that bergamot scent."

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OldGoat wrote: »
    He takes out the Once a week Jinn ring and summons the efreet.
    "Hya dude, or dudess. So, you know this wish granting thing. There is no limit to your powers right?
    "Oh there are limits, I'm not a god"
    If I said 'Take me to my friends' you'd do that.
    "Trivial"
    And if I said 'Make me Master of 7 Planes' you could do that too, right?
    "Ha! No way!"
    Hummmm, thats a lot to think about.
    OK, my wish...my wish for this week...my wish is...a nice cup of hot tea, Earl Grey for preference. No milk, no sugar and don't let it stew.
    I love that bergamot scent."
    The tea is summoned into existence.

"Ha, you know how I get this stuff..."

Mags is treated to a long discursion on the fundamental magical principles underlying the material plane. To Mags, it's all just music as he sits back to have his tea.

"Nice chat guy. See ya next week."
    Mags goes wandering around the market and the exterior of the ziggurat looking for an inn or tavern to spend the night.

"Nice chat guy. See ya next week."
    Mags goes wandering around the market and the exterior of the ziggurat looking for an inn or tavern to spend the night.
    A small tavern exists at the base of the Ziggurat, but is expensive. They are willing to hire entertainment for the night though, which may help mitigate the cost.

Mags spiels the barkeep about performing in exchange for a room&board for the night. He dresses in his common clothing including his new shiny silvery trousers (that he got in the room with the panther.)

"No. problem" he says, "I'll keep it ticking over, a few ballads, a bit of a singalong and then I'll end the set on something patriotic so every feels good about themselves. What could possibly go wrong?"

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Ooc :
    Btw, I'm struggling with how she can be a recognizable psychopomp in a land where no one dies.
    OOC: People do die, they just linger as ghosts for very long before going on to the afterlife, due to the paperwork backlog
    "That is gnarly! Can you control a bunch of pens from one head? Wait, what if you were the pen.... No, that's horrible! Certainly not something *I* would do to you... No, not my speed at all. Is it? I mean it would definitely be wrong, wouldn't it?
    The scribes look at each other, considering what Retula has said.

"Yes....immoral..." the head scribe muses "Kilthea, have a look into exactly how immoral it would be"

"Yes Lord Scribe"
    She grabs the biro they made for her, tries not to murder anyone, and heads for the pagoda on the far side of the zigg, occasionally checking to see if her pigmentation reverts. If not she focused on making a small set of three triangles which create the impression of a fourth appear on her wrist. If that works she'll eventually get around to fixing her face ink.
    OOC: So she is focusing on getting her skin to shift colour into three small triangles to give the impression of one large one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OOC: So she is focusing on getting her skin to shift colour into three small triangles to give the impression of one large one?

She's simply trying to change her pigmentation on an area of skin that she can see that's unobtrusive. Like a patch test for hair colouring. The triforce on the wrist is just me being a goofy nintentool.

Concentrate as she might, Retula cannot alter the colour of her skin, no matter how hard she focuses.

Reaching the Pagoda, she sees statues rising out of smaller side buildings on either side of the entry passage into the pagoda itself. From here she can see the main room of the Pagoda is a large shrine.

Ooc : I meant concentrating more in the professor X finger-to-temple way :) but if I can't flip black to white or white to black, it's arbitrary. Are her eyes still black iris/black sclera, btw?

She sends Hetyaro to look at the statues, see if it's the same as the one at the top of the zig or resembles o e from the bridge, then approaches a side building (on the left hand side)

Ooc : I meant concentrating more in the professor X finger-to-temple way :) but if I can't flip black to white or white to black, it's arbitrary. Are her eyes still black iris/black sclera, btw?
    OOC: Yep, I'll alter the post above in a second.
    She sends Hetyaro to look at the statues, see if it's the same as the one at the top of the zig or resembles o e from the bridge, then approaches a side building (on the left hand side)
    The statues are of different male figures in official robes.

Going near the entrance of the side building it is clear it simply contains a statue and nothing more.

• Advertisement

In the absence of anyone to chat to, she strides up to the main chamber like she owns the place, raven on her shoulder.

Hetyaro immediately squawks and points his wing at the entry arch, on which are seated two birds, staring intensely at Retula.

Hetyaro then shakes his head quite firmly.

Hetyaro immediately squawks and points his wing at the entry arch, on which are seated two birds, staring intensely at Retula.

Hetyaro then shakes his head quite firmly.

She approaches slowly, arms outstretched, her bird fluttering out to sit on her hand, bad hails the birds.

Ooc :Retula has never seen the Crow but I have...

She approaches slowly, arms outstretched, her bird fluttering out to sit on her hand, bad hails the birds.

Ooc :Retula has never seen the Crow but I have...
    The birds remain fixed on Retula, but both develop a black fire wisping over their wings.

"Not in a chatting mood? Fire...hmmm....I can do fire, I guess?"
    She casts Create bonefire at a convenient point between R and the birds, one which might allow her to thorn whip one of them into it should the need arise.

She also stops emo-posing so Hetyaro can get safely on her shoulder again.

Ooc : is lumol with me?

"No. problem" he says, "I'll keep it ticking over, a few ballads, a bit of a singalong and then I'll end the set on something patriotic so every feels good about themselves. What could possibly go wrong?"
    Mags plays the house down with his new friend and instrument. The inn decides not to charge and gives Mags one of their better rooms for the night.

"Not in a chatting mood? Fire...hmmm....I can do fire, I guess?"
    She casts Create bonefire at a convenient point between R and the birds, one which might allow her to thorn whip one of them into it should the need arise.

She also stops emo-posing so Hetyaro can get safely on her shoulder again.

Ooc : is lumol with me?
    OOC: Yes

The birds scatter at the magically summoned bonfire and take to the skies.

She watched them go, then asks Hetyaro
    "Happy?"

If the raven no longer seems spooked, Retula enters the temple.

"Relax! I'm immortal now. As long as I don't leave osinzir and there's no bull**** about old borders and new borders... Okay you have a point. Let's go careful. Watch our backs."

She enters the shrine, standing about are four camel like guardians with green skin and electric currents running over their necks.

"Look and do not to..." one begins before stopping itself "...sorry Great Retula, she who guides the rivers, I thought you were a foreigner, my apologies."

Also within the shrine are statues of three gods. To the West, a set of cobbled stairs going up.

She takes a closer look at the 3 statues

• Advertisement

She takes a closer look at the 3 statues
    They seem to be the three patron deities of Zhulugal. Aside from the nice floral offerings from the locals there isn't anything much more to them.

Ooc : do they confirm to obvious stereotypes, eg father/mother crone/maiden vocation etc? If I'm going to pretend to be local I'll need to throw vague references in occasionally.

Addressing the electric camels, she bows, dismisses her bonfire and affects her formal voice.
    "Sir you have me at a disadvantage, I don't believe I've had the pleasure...?"

Ooc : do they confirm to obvious stereotypes, eg father/mother crone/maiden vocation etc? If I'm going to pretend to be local I'll need to throw vague references in occasionally.
    The figures are all middle aged women in grassy dresses. All are agricultural goddesses of various parts of the harvest.
    Addressing the electric camels, she bows, dismisses her bonfire and affects her formal voice.
    "Sir you have me at a disadvantage, I don't believe I've had the pleasure...?"
    "Glythio I am, I serve Pyzin, goddess of the fruit harvest"

"Well met Glythio. Seems we're in the same business, though my berries... are souls! Still, when it's ripe it must be plucked all the same, lest it wither... Oops! Getting maudlin again! So, many visitors to the temple recently?"

"Well met Glythio. Seems we're in the same business, though my berries... are souls! Still, when it's ripe it must be plucked all the same, lest it wither... Oops! Getting maudlin again! So, many visitors to the temple recently?"
    "A few have sought the booster though..."

He looks at the Sun in the sky outside the pagoda.

"...the race begins in four hours, so there is not much time remaining"

Ooc : 4 hours? The race was in 2 days earlier 'today' and shes been checking the light as she goes -how long has she been awake?

"Yes, the booster - I'll admit that's why I'm here too. The hour grows late, I'll just head upstairs and face whatever challenge awaits. Nice to meet you and I hope to see you again rather than, like, getting smushed into a paste or turned into a slug. Hey, what's the deal with the birds outside? They were giving me serious evils!"

She'll head upstairs asap, and worry about the blackouts and time loss later!

Ooc : 4 hours? The race was in 2 days earlier 'today' and shes been checking the light as she goes -how long has she been awake?
    OOC: You'll see little one
    "Yes, the booster - I'll admit that's why I'm here too. The hour grows late, I'll just head upstairs and face whatever challenge awaits. Nice to meet you and I hope to see you again rather than, like, getting smushed into a paste or turned into a slug. Hey, what's the deal with the birds outside? They were giving me serious evils!"
    "Agents of one of the race judges, we also weren't sure why they'd be here"
    She'll head upstairs asap, and worry about the blackouts and time loss later!
    Up the stairs is a long curving corridor. A fruit elemental wanders the corridor, leading up to a room closed with a paper door.

Ooc : fruit is an element??? Which fruit?
    What colour is the corridor?

Retula pauses at the top of the stairs. Hetyaro, as a raven, is an excellent mimic. She requests he make a noise like a monkey, which he heard in the jungle he was in earlier this week.

Ooc : fruit is an element??? Which fruit?
    OOC: Several different types
    What colour is the corridor?
    The corridor is a pastel green.
    Retula pauses at the top of the stairs. Hetyaro, as a raven, is an excellent mimic. She requests he make a noise like a monkey, which he heard in the jungle he was in earlier this week.
    The fruit elemental turns quickly and obviously afraid, vanishes back to whatever plane it came from.

• Advertisement

She approaches the door, checking for traps and secrets

Advertisement