Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland v Waltzing Matilda, test 1 build up thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

CJay1 wrote: »
    Mako is surely ahead of him

Based on?

stephen_n wrote: »
    Based on?

Well Mako was the first choice LH in the Lions tour less than 12 months ago and he's been excellent this season so I see no reason why he wouldn't still be first choice if there was a Lions test tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking forward to game in the morning and it's on at a nice time compared to when we play them ABs down there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Will probably have a good away crowd. That would be a brilliant place to watch the match, they do copious unhealthy food also which helps!

“Bundee” & Coke at 11am - Bonza!
    http://boozeforbeginners.blogspot.com/2012/01/bundaberg-rum-bartenders-opinion-and.html?m=1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Well Mako was the first choice LH in the Lions tour less than 12 months ago and he's been excellent this season so I see no reason why he wouldn't still be first choice if there was a Lions test tomorrow.

Well based on Healy’s performances I’m not so sure form from 12 months ago is that valid. Certainly in the games against England and Saracens, Healy very much outplayed Mako.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Will probably have a good away crowd. That would be a brilliant place to watch the match, they do copious unhealthy food also which helps!

The Aussies love the woolshed, would be a good crowd and atmosphere as well.

Wings are decent too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

stephen_n wrote: »
    Well based on Healy’s performances I’m not so sure form from 12 months ago is that valid. Certainly in the games against England and Saracens, Healy very much outplayed Mako.

Stephen Jones doesn't like this post.

CJay1 wrote: »
    Mako is surely ahead of him

Personally I think Healy is a better player, certainly in the big games. Healy has scored some critical tries this season and is having a big impact on play for Leinster and Ireland. I'm hopelessly biased but I've never thought Mako was World class and I think Healy at his best is very much World class.

Clegg wrote: »
    Stephen Jones doesn't like this post.

Good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I prefer the original, no one can beat Rod Stewart

You do know it was written by Waits and only covered by Stewart some 16 years after it's original release.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭clsmooth

What Vunipola gives you, much like Furlong, is lovely hands

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

clsmooth wrote: »
    What Vunipola gives you, much like Furlong, is lovely hands

If I wanted lovely hands I'd pick George Costanza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

If I wanted lovely hands I'd pick George Costanza.

That's top notch out of left field obscure posting.

* doffs hat *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.the42.ie/analysis-ireland-david-pocock-breakdown-3108736-Nov2016/%3famp=1

Read this old piece on Pocock by MK again this morn. JVdF ruck numbers are impressive. Big job for Nordi and John Ryan ro rival those numbers from their teammates.
    It will be interesting to see who Ireland use as their primary ruckers. Henderson and POM? James Ryan probably. For everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I presume this is on Sky? Are highlights been shown on rte or tg4 later in the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I presume this is on Sky? Are highlights been shown on rte or tg4 later in the day?

Yep Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Action.

Think RTEs only broadcast of it is live commentary on 2FM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Thanks for that. Looks like the radio for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,808 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I think we will lose today...sorry for the negativity but I fancy Australia will have us at the breakdown today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

bilston wrote: »
    I think we will lose today...sorry for the negativity but I fancy Australia will have us at the breakdown today.

Have your weetabix and come back to us

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

As good as we have been the last few years hope we are not over hyping ourselves

Last minute drop goal against a terrible France

Last minute intercept against Wales

Beat a really declining England side

No doubt we can win once off big games but can we beat the best teams in the world away from home in consecutive weeks like will be needed at World Cup .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

bilston wrote: »

The breakdown is what I'm really worried about. We can't really compete at theirs but I think we'll have a few players tasked to keep Hooper & Pocock off ours.

I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Peregrine wrote: »
    The breakdown is what I'm really worried about. We can't really compete at theirs but I think we'll have a few players tasked to keep Hooper & Pocock off ours.

I hope.

Jordi Murphy will compete.

He might not win turnovers but he'll certainly slow it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Peregrine wrote: »

I hope.

We could have done with Beirne in this matchday squad for the breakdown battle, but I understand why he's not in it

• Subscribers Posts: 41,822 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Gonad wrote: »
    As good as we have been the last few years hope we are not over hyping ourselves

Last minute drop goal against a terrible France

Last minute intercept against Wales

Beat a really declining England side

No doubt we can win once off big games but can we beat the best teams in the world away from home in consecutive weeks like will be needed at World Cup .

W didn't need a last minute intercept to beat Wales.

Dunno where this myth has originated from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Yeah Wales scored a try just before the intercept to make it respectable. They hadn't been within 3 of Ireland for 40 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Needs a “Men at Work - Down Under” montage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Cheika's a scruffy bastard...antithesis of a hipster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

James Ryan bleeding already!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Heaslip looking significantly slimmer since retirement. Nearly didn't recognize him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

wadacrack wrote: »
    Heaslip looking significantly slimmer since retirement. Nearly didn't recognize him

He looks very comfortable stood there & knows his stuff, good direction for his new career

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement