Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has your VISA card stopped working today?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Don't work in a supermarket.....we held peoples items for them 'til they can get back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I heard a staff member offer to hold onto the trolley load, till the customer came back with cash or they could just leave the trolley there and staff would put the groceries back.

Trolley was full to the brim, the poor lad must of been at least a half hour putting it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

For everything else there's MasterCard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Akarinn wrote: »
    Why would they switch you and waive the fees? Its not your banks fault that visa went down?

Doesn't matter who's fault it is, if I don't have access to my funds due to their reliance on the card networks, they should provide customers with a reliable alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Used Visa on 3 occasions today, MasterCard twice, no problems at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭ebbsy

tom1ie wrote: »
    Just tapped using my ptsb visa debit when purchasing a ten pack of beer. Worked fine.

Drunkard.

Used my phone to pay in SuperValu this evening. Went through but transaction not showing on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Mr.S wrote: »
    It's funny how angry people get when the things they take for granted stop working, half the people in Tesco earlier who got caught out where giving out to the staff like it was their fault.

Good observation. I think I must suffer from that too because I'm actually happy I've no money to take out of my bank account at this time. Who'd have though one could be happy for being skint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Visa announcing in some over complicated corporate jargon that there are nearly back operating normal.

"We fell well short of this goal today and we apologise to all of our partners, and most especially, to Visa cardholders. Visa cardholders can now use their Visa cards as we are currently operating at close to normal levels.

"The issue was the result of a hardware failure. We have no reason to believe this was associated with any unauthorised access or malicious event."

Some fúcking hardware failure alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Trasna1

It was a hardware failure... Hmm... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

He died in 2003 I'm afraid.

Willie is the king now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

The cashless society is being pushed as a great thing but then this happens. I really do pity the staff in filling stations across the country right now.

that was a tough day at the office! almost a complete shutdown of our card machines and onsite atm between about 2 and 7 so left for a stressful day, amount of people who can't read signs that say ''cash only for fuel'' in bold all caps would shock you, luckily anyone that had a problem dropped back in with the cash eventually so I won't be killed tomorrow!

most probably but thankfully all came back in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Sheeps wrote: »
    Doesn't matter who's fault it is, if I don't have access to my funds due to their reliance on the card networks, they should provide customers with a reliable alternative.

Not your fund if using a Visa card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

YFlyer wrote: »
    Not your fund if using a Visa card.

A visa debit card is my funds. In any case it's never visas funds. Visa have nothing to do with it beyond providing the card network for allowing my card issuing bank talk to the merchants acquiring bank so they can charge their interchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

EPAndlee wrote:
    Was in a petrol station earlier and it was mayhem with about 12 people trying to pay with card

I went to a peek strain that had signs up saying no cards accepted, even though MasterCard had been working.

I do have a via credit card that I just use for emergencies but I have had a concern for a while that all my normal back cards and my revolut cards are MasterCard only. To many eggs in the banks basket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

flazio wrote: »
    If someone farted in a swimming pool ISIS would claim responsibility for a chemical attack.

Whoosh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Interestingly I was told twice by a virgin phone robot that my (visa) card was not a known number twice today. They siad that four times the other day too. Suspect its not just a one day wonder. Surprisingly I knew my visa was in good standing & no alcohol was involved (pre 6pm payments) so it had to be the machine. Not too happy but just had to go with it. Another day it would have been me.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Yea but it was 5 grand on Thursday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Still not working for me anyway. Can't top up my Revolut.

There’s a Revolut issue also, not sure if it’s linked or just bad timing. go to support and you’ll see it at the top of your screen. My two top ups are stuck in pending. Worst case scenario it will reverse back to your card account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Visa didn't work for me a few minutes ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

skinny90 wrote: »
    There’s a Revolut issue also, not sure if it’s linked or just bad timing. go to support and you’ll see it at the top of your screen. My two top ups are stuck in pending. Worst case scenario it will reverse back to your card account

I think it's just topping up revolut with visa that's the issue? Topping it up with mc is OK

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Yeah I ran out of money on holidays, back today thank fuuck!

Sheeps wrote: »
    A visa debit card is my funds. In any case it's never visas funds. Visa have nothing to do with it beyond providing the card network for allowing my card issuing bank talk to the merchants acquiring bank so they can charge their interchange rate.

Ah OK. Visa debit is different.

Do you think there's only such a thing as a credit card?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I had a PTSB visa debit declined when using the tap feature yesterday in a Centra in Salthill, but my Ulsterbank Visa debit worked fine.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

I had a PTSB visa debit declined when using the tap feature yesterday in a Centra in Salthill, but my Ulsterbank Visa debit worked fine.

ptsb tap transactions are notorious for this anyway, something to with their security features, its nearly surprising when they actually work sometimes

Advertisement