Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has your VISA card stopped working today?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Was declined twice with an online transaction, went through the third time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Great more widespread panic paddy style...

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Great more widespread panic paddy style...

This will literally cause chaos! People are blaming their bank and not even reading the news. Typical paddy nonsense!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Friend said they were working in shops again but could still not be working 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,309 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Cashless society me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

It’s happening people, Handmaids tale....lets all leggitt to the North!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I got 200 euro in my wallet :D

How many people can't go out tonight I wonder

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Usually this type of outage is either

A. Massive undermining of the network

B. Someone pulled the big red plug out, that says 'do not remove'

C. Someone pressed the wrong button

At least it's across Europe, this way someone will be held accountable for it, if it was just Ireland they would be fine as no one here would saying anything to them about it, now upset Claude from Brussels trying to pay for his five course six star, Steak dinner with the bit on the side and you'r fúcked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Trasna1 wrote: »
    Not that they will ever admit it but I wonder was the system attacked..

Yup, ISIS have claimed the credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Cash is king

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

And debit...

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Paid with visa a out 5pm, it went through but hasn't shown up on my account.....should I be concerned it might 'bounce'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If someone farted in a swimming pool ISIS would claim responsibility for a chemical attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

AIB Tweeted that their own customers will have no issues with AIB machines. Went to the shops that had a queue of about 15 people. First lad tries the machine, tells everyone it's empty and the queue disperses. Tried my card and it worked fine. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Visa declined tonight 7.30 in a shop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mine worked fine now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Yes, TSB Visa Debit, multiple times...but my last transaction went fine yet money still showing in available balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

It's for precisely this reason that I consciously have a Visa Debit and a MasterCard Credit Card.

Granted doesn't work if the bank has the problem but if it's the provider at least I can still panic buy bread and milk during a snowstorm.

Visa Debit worked at 2.30 in SV. Not sure if that was before the problem started

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I only found out about the Visa story after watching the news on BBC Four this evening. I have made no transactions today though. I heard from the RTÉ website that some transactions are going through intermittently since early this evening but some failures are still possible with customer's cards. I surely hope that this does not last well into the BH weekend. Both my mam & I could be f*cked for trying to using them in the shop tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

123balltv wrote: »
    Cash is king

He died in 2003 I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

Yes, TSB Visa Debit, multiple times...but my last transaction went fine yet money still showing in available balance.

Panic in the pavilions but Aib debit visa worked fine in ruby's, penny's and dunnes.. Was kinda hoping wouldn't work in penneys to be honest. Would have saved a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

nkav86 wrote: »
    Paid with visa a out 5pm, it went through but hasn't shown up on my account.....should I be concerned it might 'bounce'
    No Wont bounce. I took money out of ATM and online banking not showing it as a pending transaction, which it always does immediately i use it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Visa debit work for people buying online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Surely in this day and age banks could send a text to notify people of the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Could they not just plug out the machine and then turn it on again ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

dennyire wrote:
    No Wont bounce. I took money out of ATM and online banking not showing it as a pending transaction, which it always does immediately i use it

Thanks for that, I'm a regular customer so wouldn't want to have an awkward return trip!

Advertisement