Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asked by garda to move on

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭Sassygirl1999

splinter65 wrote: »
    In my opinion people who use the expression “little upstart just out of Templemore/teacher training college/law school/medical school etc” have an issue with authority figures due to having no professional authority themselves and resenting those that do being in a position to issue orders to, and impose rules on, others.
    The quote you mention from a post of mine concerns the well to do mother of my neighbor assuming that her standing in society (as she sees it) would ensure that her son, who had broken the law, wouldn’t have to suffer the consequences of breaking the law.
    If you think that she was perfectly right to assume that, then your entitled to your opinion, but I don’t agree.

"When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself"
    your derogatory attitude toward your neighbours shows me your true colours

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

please explain your reasons for this 'chip on ones shoulder' barb/insult about me, there was two of us there and both were feeling the same way
    On another one of my threads you spoke about your neighbour like this :

"His mother ( landed gentry) marched down to the barracks the "

I think you sir have a chip on your shoulder about your neighbors and other innocent civilians

You come on an open forum, asking people's opinions and yet when they give you that opinion , you get all defensive .
    My take on this whole thing is move on. Don't get all put out about it. The Gardaí have a job to do end of story. Don't take it personally

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

"When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself"
    your derogatory attitude toward your neighbours shows me your true colours

Is it that you agree with a woman who thinks that laws shouldn’t apply to the upper classes (as is the case with my neighbor) or you just think that laws should be optional to everyone?
    I think that my neighbors mother is wrong to think that the law shouldn’t apply to her, and you find that derogatory.
    It’s your true colors that are showing sassy.

norabattie wrote: »
    You come on an open forum, asking people's opinions and yet when they give you that opinion , you get all defensive .
    My take on this whole thing is move on. Don't get all put out about it. The Gardaí have a job to do end of story. Don't take it personally

Enough said! You sound terribly obnoxious

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

I think we should all be directed to move on from this thread :)

• Advertisement

GM228 wrote: »
    I think we should all be directed to move on from this thread :)

yes some people can't have an open discussion without judging

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

the concert inside was the only large crowd, not within eye shot
    no one except an empty tent with staff waiting for possible casualties
    Chatting to a medic cordially about who was playing inside
    It was a young persons type of music festival possibly rap music
    No aggression
    No alcohol involved
    Angry police

First world problems, get over yourself.
    He was probably wearing a stab vest as well, thats not worn for you either but for people who might stab him.
    As other posters stated, he could have moved on hundreds earlier, that's his job.

I'd rather he moved on 1000 of you rather than find one nutjob who takes advantage of a congregation of people hanging around somewhere they should not.

p.s. you said this was before Manchester, that was over a year ago, why are you posting this now?

First world problems, get over yourself.
    He was probably wearing a stab vest as well, thats not worn for you either but for people who might stab him.
    As other posters stated, he could have moved on hundreds earlier, that's his job.

I'd rather he moved on 1000 of you rather than find one nutjob who takes advantage of a congregation of people hanging around somewhere they should not.

p.s. you said this was before Manchester, that was over a year ago, why are you posting this now?

The government are the terror. The security services want to control you, not protect you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

The government are the terror. The security services want to control you, not protect you

Aaaaaaaaaaand there we have the OPs real opinion, no matter what answer they get which supports what the Garda did they will not change their mind.

As the "dragons" say: "and for that reason, I'm out"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Awhh aren't you very good OP, you fight the power!

• Advertisement

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Awhh aren't you very good OP, you fight the power!

i'm no statist

Are you sure you are talking about Ireland????

I think i will leave you alone to your own conspiracy theories

Can't help asking, I think i might know you, are you a teacher by any chance? :eek:

Are you sure you are talking about Ireland????

I think i will leave you alone to your own conspiracy theories

Can't help asking, I think i might know you, are you a teacher by any chance? :eek:

are you a guard?

are you a guard?

its Garda to you young lady, don't forget we're watching you :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Conspiracy theories forum is thattaway -->-->-->>>

its Garda to you young lady, don't forget we're watching you :cool:

you would be perving on me more like

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

norabattie wrote: »
    please explain your reasons for this 'chip on ones shoulder' barb/insult about me, there was two of us there and both were feeling the same way
    On another one of my threads you spoke about your neighbour like this :

"His mother ( landed gentry) marched down to the barracks the "

I think you sir have a chip on your shoulder about your neighbors and other innocent civilians

Mod ; Anti AGS rant deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Del2005 wrote: »
    It's outside a venue where you can hear the music. I'd say that he'd moved loads of people trying to listen to the concert by the time you stopped so his politeness level may have ran out.

Why, is it illegal to hear music for free outside a concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The funny this is this happened before the Manchester bombings. That Garda went home and forgot they ever met you. For them it was Tuesday. For you it was the most important day of your life. 12 months later you're still bitter about it.

Sand wrote: »
    The funny this is this happened before the Manchester bombings. That Garda went home and forgot they ever met you. For them it was Tuesday. For you it was the most important day of your life. 12 months later you're still bitter about it.

the educated amongst us would refer you to the "the butterfly effect"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

the educated amongst us would refer you to the "the butterfly effect"

Let me guess...educated by the university of life/school of hard knocks?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Let us be nice and polite to each other here, pls
    "doxing" - hinting at the identities of posters is not allowed here
    Thread closed for review

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement