Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Good to see MJ Sutton getting a start , he has lots of potential. Flavin and Kirwan on the bench great to see them getting a chance. Very hard to see us winning tomorrow but the performance is more important than the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭upthedeise16

Who is James Flavin named on the bench for tomorrow? Haven't heard that name before.
    Ciaran Kirwin is the guy who was lighting it up for WIT? What club?

Aussie not even on the bench. You would think he needed games so not looking good for him.

Flavin is Ardmore, a young lad. Ciaran Kirwan is about 21 or 22 from Kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Odd for Aussie not to be on the bench even

Cahill seems like a manager who wont take any sulking and will make Aussie fight for his place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Who is James Flavin named on the bench for tomorrow? Haven't heard that name before.
    Ciaran Kirwin is the guy who was lighting it up for WIT? What club?

Aussie not even on the bench. You would think he needed games so not looking good for him.

James Flavin won young hurler of the year a couple years back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Odd for Aussie not to be on the bench even

Cahill seems like a manager who wont take any sulking and will make Aussie fight for his place

Maybe Cahill is giving him the kick up the hole he clearly needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭upthedeise16

What’s the story with Darragh Fives? I presume injured again?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

alta stare wrote: »
    Maybe Cahill is giving him the kick up the hole he clearly needs.

Does Austin Gleeson still have that little pot belly.? I remember last year being in shock at seeing it. Its obvious he lacks some discipline in a few areas. I think hes one of the top 3 most talented hurlers in the game but his actions of discipline and his lack of nous come against him. Cahill will help him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Fred C Dobbs

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Does Austin Gleeson still have that little pot belly.? I remember last year being in shock at seeing it. Its obvious he lacks some discipline in a few areas. I think hes one of the top 3 most talented hurlers in the game but his actions of discipline and his lack of nous come against him. Cahill will help him

Pot belly ? You’re having a laugh.

I saw him up close at a supporters club event last Spring and he looked in great physical shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

I saw him up close at a supporters club event last Spring and he looked in great physical shape.

Don't mind him he's a troll. Tried to suggest Shane Dowling was trying to frame Peter Casey over that "dodgy change" vide in the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Don't mind him he's a troll. Tried to suggest Shane Dowling was trying to frame Peter Casey over that "dodgy change" vide in the winter

Can someone PM that video, I never got to see it and a quick Twitter search hasn't yielded anything for me.

• Advertisement

I'd love to be as out of shape as Aussie

Best of luck to the team today and hopefully a good performance

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bemmet

Big crowd in under the covered stand already .
    Decent Waterford contingent amongst them too.
    Time to break that bleak record here.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Their is obviously some issue because he is training twie a day and will not be included on a Waterford panel regardless of progress in the league.
    Old fashioned kick up the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

Limerick going to dish a dose of reality to Waterford today unfortunately.

Major question marks have to be asked as to how certain panel members are firstly on the panel and secondly being given minutes in the league. Fmw have again 3 named starters today. Gleeson and j Barron deservedly obviously but the other two not so. We are seriously light in depth in the full back line - power didn't look comfortable last week in corner back and is way too slow to be considered a real option for championship. Darragh Lyons came on last week and 4 balls went into his corner and was beaten for 4 balls. Mj Sutton is not upto this level end of it.

I’m away (at a significant birthday event) but have just tuned in to WLR (11.30 pm local time).

Don’t think Waterford are in for a hiding as just suggested.

What’s the weather/pitch like in the Gaelic Grounds.

Limerick seem much sharper

We were unlucky not to get a goal a few mins ago

Listening to Kieran O’Connor is very frustrating ....

“is it a free ... yes/no says the referee (take your pick) ; “is it over the bar ...oh no, it’s just tailed wide”.

I can almost hear the local Limerick station beside Kieran, which is more informative.

Mahony having another bad day on the frees. They should put bennet or curran on them

Limerick seem the much better team but were not doing overly bad but not the forwards not scoring

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

1 point from play after 30 mins. Only for limerick wides this would be embarrassing

Pitch wet and sloppy yet both teams putting in a solid display.
    Big difference is cohesiveness if limerick as a unit and innate ability to find one another. Essentially the hallmarks of a team who have played together with known patterns unlike ourselves who are still in new unit learning mode.
    Response well to limerick goal to pull back well.
    Could have had goal at far end and one or two wides.
    Here’s hoping for a second half bounce like last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

1 point from play after 30 mins. Only for limerick wides this would be embarrassing

6 wides each at half time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

Lads really found their feet as the game went on , subs worked well, but left too much to dfo, still not the finished article but theres the bones of a great championship side in them

Overall a good workout with loads of room for improvement. Great goal by Fagan. Think next day Mahony should not be on the frees . Limerick are a very solid side and will be a force in the Championship

Draw/win for Tipp tomorrow it's a home QF vs Wexford and a Galway win/draw its Kilkenny in the QF with coin toss for the venue. Both will be a massive test for us so dont really matter who we get. Glad to have another game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭big_drive

I think Waterford are building a great panel for championship. Great signs of work rate tonight, kept going all game

From a Cork point of view I’d have to rate Waterford a better chance than us of getting into the top 3 in Munster this year. And I genuinely mean that , not just trying to talk up Waterford. I think Cahill is going a good job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Lads really found their feet as the game went on , subs worked well, but left too much to dfo, still not the finished article but theres the bones of a great championship side in them

Would have to disagree. A very average Waterford team at present unfortunately. Just not the players there anymore. At least Cahill is trying out new lads but a couple of players still getting plenty of game time and despite plenty of effort they will never be good enough. Limerick miles ahead of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

I'm not a troll. That was a joke you silly poster. Good performance from Waterford today. They are very game. Lacking a small bit of physicality but that's a big Limerick team.

Are you down here - in limerick where the match was on?

Would have to disagree. A very average Waterford team at present unfortunately. Just not the players there anymore. At least Cahill is trying out new lads but a couple of players still getting plenty of game time and despite plenty of effort they will never be good enough. Limerick miles ahead of us.

Have to disagree with your disagreement, lots of new players showing promise, limerick are ahead of us yes, as they are an established team, to lose by 4 having made 9 starting changes from last week is no great shake and a great place to be in

its crucial to have the full 26 competitive keeps the starters on their toes, and liam has achieved that as every year some of the tried out wil step up, and some will fade away , pauric and soky will be under pressure in particular coming into the season proper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Have to disagree with your disagreement, lots of new players showing promise, limerick are ahead of us yes, as they are an established team, to lose by 4 having made 9 starting changes from last week is no great shake and a great place to be in

its crucial to have the full 26 competitive keeps the starters on their toes, and liam has achieved that as every year some of the tried out wil step up, and some will fade away , pauric and soky will be under pressure in particular coming into the season proper

Hope your right but can't see this team being successful without any top class forwards.

• Advertisement

Hope your right but can't see this team being successful without any top class forwards.

Very doubtful therell be any success this year bar maybe a Munster final anyway, this year is about building

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement