Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else the outcast of their group of friends?

Options
  • 28-05-2018 1:23am
    Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭

Pretty much the only friends I have are a group of lads I went to school with. They are great guys but i have always felt the odd one out. The older I get the more I feel this. Our interests, sense of humour, outlooks on life etc are all way out of synch.

Out of the six there is only I really connect with and I hardly see him these days. It seems as we get older and older I'll gradually be edged out of the group. On one hand I sort of accept this as I'm drawn to people like Charles Bukowski who were loners and didn't have much need for other people. On the other hand it's a bit sad not to be part of the gang.

Maybe I have some personality disorder that makes me like this. Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

You're grand. Welcome to getting older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Could always try making new friends who share similar interests etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jesus I wish I even had a flock to be the black sheep of. You're just showing off OP you charlatan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I find having no friends deals nicely with the issue OP.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

jacksie66 wrote: »
    You'll be an outcast if you take someone else's woman..

You know something, my do gooder friends will probably judge me harshly for that (even though they've never met the girl or her bf) whereas i think sometimee you really need to put yourself first.

That is a good example of how we are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Maybe I have some personality disorder that makes me like this. Anyone else feel the same?
    *Flippant mode - ON* The same about themselves, or the same about you?

*Serious mode - ON*Have you ever read back over your own posts? You tick a lot of diagnostic boxes.

endacl wrote: »
    *Flippant mode - ON* The same about themselves, or the same about you?

*Serious mode - ON*Have you ever read back over your own posts? You tick a lot of diagnostic boxes.

Flippant - who else feels like they don''t belong in their group?

Serious - really? What kind of boxes do I tick?You won't offend me, just say what you think might be wrong with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I'm such an outcast that I have no friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,862 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Flippant - who else feels like they don''t belong in their group?

Serious - really? What kind of boxes do I tick?You won't offend me, just say what you think might be wrong with me.

This is just one one for example.

2cftac5.jpg

Anyone who likes a post about men not getting it results in women being murdered is not a healthy individual and one to be avoided at all costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I can't remember the last time I spoke to someone I went to school with.

Suits me fine.

anewme wrote: »
    This is just one one for example.

2cftac5.jpg

Anyone who likes a post about men not getting it results in women being murdered is not a healthy individual.

Oh piss off. You brought that up in my thread in personal issues and it was promptly deleted and you got a warning (fair play to the mod).

Ever think I liked that post to wind up muppets like yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You don't feel you really have anything in common with this group, and you are a bit of a loner. Don't you think you might be edging them out of your life, rather than them edging you out?

Being part of a group is good, generally. Why not try and find a group that shares your interests, you seem to be interested in literature, maybe look for a book club or a writing group. You will have a circle of contacts but can keep them at a bit of a distance.

Really though, what is the point of being part of a group that does not interest you?

looksee wrote: »
    You don't feel you really have anything in common with this group, and you are a bit of a loner. Don't you think you might be edging them out of your life, rather than them edging you out?

Being part of a group is good, generally. Why not try and find a group that shares your interests, you seem to be interested in literature, maybe look for a book club or a writing group. You will have a circle of contacts but can keep them at a bit of a distance.

Really though, what is the point of being part of a group that does not interest you?

Yeah I would more inclined to being a loner. I spend a lot of time alone and it doesn't bother me. But it does make me sad that I'm not really one of the boys. I've known them since school after all.

In my experience it's been very difficult to make friends after school.

Oh piss off. You brought that up in my thread in personal issues and it was promptly deleted and you got a warning (fair play to the mod).

Ever think I liked that post to wind up muppets like yourself?

I think a lot of people reported your thread in personal issues. they are not stupid. The only muppet is yourself but you want to blame everyone else rather than accept that.

I reported it as it is unhealthy and toxic given wgat has happened in Ireland over the past two weeks.

obviously, others are seeing it too, hence they are not associating with you.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/personality-disorders/types-of-personality-disorder/

Homework.

Insight is important.

anewme wrote: »
    I think a lot of people reported your thread in personal issues. they are not stupid.

I reported it as it is unhealthy and toxic given wgat has happened in Ireland over the past two weeks.

obviously, others are seeing it too, hence they are not associating with you.

You got offended, good for you. Now **** off and get a life you twat.

You got offended, good for you. Now **** off and get a life you twat.
    There's one!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

All this bickering, its like an advert for lady towels ffs

Funnily enough I've done a number of online tests (I know) that indicate I score highly in the dark triad personality disorders: psychopathy, narcissim and machevelism.

• Advertisement

What was that line again from a few good men?

Funnily enough I've done a number of online tests (I know) that indicate I score highly in the dark triad personality disorders: psychopathy, narcissim and machevelism.
    'Funnily'?

That's another one.

In was Narcissistic that leapt out at me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

One if the best troll threads we've had for a while. That the troll turns out to be an angry loner not able to talk to girls is classic! Fair play op

There's one!

Well any psychological problems I have pale in comparison to the issues that someone who feels the need to report something on the internet that offended them has.

Does being a sneaky little grassing **** count as a personality disorder?

One if the best troll threads we've had for a while. That the troll turns out to be an angry loner not able to talk to girls is classic! Fair play op

I'm not trolling though.

Does being a sneaky little grassing **** count as a personality disorder?
    No. But an out of proportion angry response to a reasonable challenge would be a diagnostic indicator on various axes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

I always felt like I didn't fit in with the group I used to hang around with so I no longer associate with them and haven't done so for a long time do I have regrets maybe but you just have to shrug your shoulders move on and accept it as part of life.

Mutant z wrote: »
    I always felt like I didn't fit in with the group I used to hang around with so I no longer associate with them and haven't done so for a long time do I have regrets maybe but you just have to shrug your shoulders move on and accept it as part of life.
    I guessing that the difference with you is that you had no problem forming and maintaining relationships with a new circle of friends and acquaintances?

No. But an out of proportion angry response to a reasonable challenge would be a diagnostic indicator on various axes.

I just find it incredible that someone will actually complain about a throw away thanks I gave to a comment and then brings it up in two threads i have created.

I may well have issues but so does that anewme guy...

• Advertisement

I just find it incredible that someone will actually complain about a throw away thanks I gave to a comment and then brings it up in two threads i have created.

I may well have issues but so does that anewme guy...
    I've always found him/her to be very reasonable on here.

Advertisement