Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Army Cadetship 2018

• 27-05-2018 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys, just finished my psychometric test few days ago for the army cadet/naval cadet position in the Irish army. I was wondering how long will I wait for response with the results? Did any of ye already got it? When will we have the fitness tests?

I did pass my general service and naval service psychometric tests but I'm not interested in enlisting as a private therefore I didn't attend the fitness test for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gramojo

Blazej5179 wrote: »
    Hey guys, just finished my psychometric test few days ago for the army cadet/naval cadet position in the Irish army. I was wondering how long will I wait for response with the results? Did any of ye already got it? When will we have the fitness tests?

I did pass my general service and naval service psychometric tests but I'm not interested in enlisting as a private therefore I didn't attend the fitness test for it.
    My son received an email to say he was to attend the fitness test.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ducky00

Blazej5179 wrote: »

Yeah the emails were sent out this morning if you passed the psychometric. They send you a text too to check your email

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Stanlemafi

Gramojo wrote: »
    My son received an email to say he was to attend the fitness test.

What day is he going up? I'm going up as well. Really excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gramojo

Stanlemafi wrote: »
    What day is he going up? I'm going up as well. Really excited.

Tomorrow. When are you up and best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Townton

Hi all looking for a quick bit of advise little confused on one or two small things. Been invited to the second stage assessment ré fitness and all that. I am just wondering what the dress code is. I know obviously bring sports gear for the physical end of thing. It's just the email explicitly states there is no need for formal wear. But I thought I read in the T&C booklet attached that there is an sort of informal tour and chat with current cadets etc. Presuming if that is in fact the case jeans and tracksuits not the way to go. Would I be right in thinking smart casual for after the physical and group assessment or will we just be straight out of the place once they are done. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

Townton smart casual, jeans/chinos and a shirt.

Does anyone know if the fitness still an overnight

BadBannana wrote: »
    Townton smart casual, jeans/chinos and a shirt.

Does anyone know if the fitness still an overnight

No overnight anymore. Is everyone going up the 27th or are there groups going up different days?

Ducky00 wrote: »
    No overnight anymore. Is everyone going up the 27th or are there groups going up different days?

Cheers!

There's a good few groups, I'm the same week, different day

has anyone received the link to the e-vetting? I thought we were being sent it after the stage 2 day but the email today has me a little worried I missed a link/misunderstood something somewhere!?

has anyone received the link to the e-vetting? I thought we were being sent it after the stage 2 day but the email today has me a little worried I missed a link/misunderstood something somewhere!?

Don't worry, there's still tests on, we won't get emails until they're all done

• Advertisement

Anyone heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dollyt96

anyone get an email about the garda vetting but get no link ?

Dollyt96 wrote: »
    anyone get an email about the garda vetting but get no link ?

A few weeks ago yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dollyt96

A few weeks ago yeah

did you hear anything since off them ?

Dollyt96 wrote: »
    did you hear anything since off them ?

Nothing :/

Anyone heard anything?

Nothing since the email saying they sent my vetting to the Gardaí

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Borderland

I spoke to a guy tonight who is joining the RDF with me and he got an email on Sunday night requesting that he go to an interview next Wednesday.

I applied, completed the fitness and group assessment, and I’ve heard nothing from them regarding my application.

Not looking good to be honest.

Borderland wrote: »
    I spoke to a guy tonight who is joining the RDF with me and he got an email on Sunday night requesting that he go to an interview next Wednesday.

I applied, completed the fitness and group assessment, and I’ve heard nothing from them regarding my application.

Not looking good to be honest.

I just got an email today from the vetting saying that they have done my vetting and sent it to the DF. Have you got that?

Got an email a week and a bit ago to attend the interview. Due up there tomorrow some brief medical stuff and then the interview. Anyone have an idea of what to expect other than the obvious. I don't think I need to bring a change of clothes for any physical exercise so presuming suit should be fine but if anyone in the know could give me advise in that regards would appreciate it email did not say much in regards to dress code and what to bring outside of ID ECT.

Townton wrote: »
    Got an email a week and a bit ago to attend the interview. Due up there tomorrow some brief medical stuff and then the interview. Anyone have an idea of what to expect other than the obvious. I don't think I need to bring a change of clothes for any physical exercise so presuming suit should be fine but if anyone in the know could give me advise in that regards would appreciate it email did not say much in regards to dress code and what to bring outside of ID ECT.

Did you get the email tonight about the data breach? Just saying just incase make sure it was from the proper recruitment email and not the phishing one!

• Advertisement

Did you get the email tonight about the data breach? Just saying just incase make sure it was from the proper recruitment email and not the phishing one!

Ya got that and a few others warning about it. Actually didn't see the email in question must have gone to my spam box.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Miina

Anyone get an interview for the Aer Corps

Got my rejection email. Quite disappointing, thought I had it this time. I guess it's general service for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Miina

Got my rejection email. Quite disappointing, thought I had it this time. I guess it's general service for me

Apply for general service but don't get disheartened, still apply for the cadetship next year again. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Stanlemafi

Gramojo wrote: »
    Tomorrow. When are you up and best of luck with it.

How did your son get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RAA123

I have been called for an interview next week. Just wondering if anyone has been interviewed already if they have any tips or even a guide to how the day was organised.

RAA123 wrote: »
    I have been called for an interview next week. Just wondering if anyone has been interviewed already if they have any tips or even a guide to how the day was organised.

They do bloods and stuff in the morning, feed you, then onto interviews.

Have positive and negative examples of all qualities ready. Preferably two positives as well. Try to get a mock interview or an officer to at least run over your examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RobbieMac12

Hey guys I’m planning on applying for cadetship next year. I will be working on my masters degree in scotland but luckily my graduation will take place before when induction usually takes place (if I were to be accepted for induction) and would be able to make trips over for all parts of the competition. I was wondering if you have to still take a second psychometric test at the curragh or were those scrapped. Furthermore, what kind of questions/difficulty does the psychometric test entail? I’ve always been bad at math lol so any advice on what I should be practicing would be great. Finally, what type of questions does the interview entail? I am very confident in my qualifications but sometimes have a tendency to ramble when unprepared for an interview so I would love any information you could provide to be well prepared. I know it’s a while till I even start the application process but this has been my goal for a while now and want to be as ready as possible.

Hey guys I’m planning on applying for cadetship next year. I will be working on my masters degree in scotland but luckily my graduation will take place before when induction usually takes place (if I were to be accepted for induction) and would be able to make trips over for all parts of the competition. I was wondering if you have to still take a second psychometric test at the curragh or were those scrapped. Furthermore, what kind of questions/difficulty does the psychometric test entail? I’ve always been bad at math lol so any advice on what I should be practicing would be great. Finally, what type of questions does the interview entail? I am very confident in my qualifications but sometimes have a tendency to ramble when unprepared for an interview so I would love any information you could provide to be well prepared. I know it’s a while till I even start the application process but this has been my goal for a while now and want to be as ready as possible.

Fitness, psychometric repeat, and group assessment are all one day.

Interview is competency based, do mock interviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 RobbieMac12

Fitness, psychometric repeat, and group assessment are all one day.

Interview is competency based, do mock interviews

Thank you what does the psychometric test entail is what I was aiming at in terms of mathematics/logical reasoning? Is there a particular area I should be studying over.

Advertisement