Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D’Arcy Show May 26th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

This is cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

The girl is a good singer, but this is rubbish.

This is one unmusical I won’t be going to

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I'm just glad I'm not watching this with my parents :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ha bad idea actually showing some of the musical... It's f***ing beyond dire

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

This would be funny in a sort of I am having a really bad nightmare sort of way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kegg

This is cringe.

Are the tickets for this musical only available with a happy meal??

I think RTE are taking us all for a f**king ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Had to change the channel. Life is too short for this crap. Far too short.

Oh they'll lap it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Arghus wrote: »
    What is this nonsense. How is a nightclub getting all this airtime.

It gets mentioned on some show every day on RTE Radio 1. Somebody must be dropping a wedge to a few producers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

No need for them anymore it seems after today.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,698 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Actually, I've changed my mind!

Who's up for Bruxelles?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

The Iona institute members must be thinking about digging their own graves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

I think someone in RTE management has a vested interest in Coppers.

Have to say Karl Spain makes me laugh, seen a few times supporting UK comedians and recently in the international he was head and shoulders above everyone.... Now he's no carlin or anything, just a very funny bloke.... Hopefully I won't regret this post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Brutal !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Well they did spare us the ride...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,698 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

It came across as one of those ideas where the only the title makes it sounds funny, like 'Boy Racers: The Musical' or 'Mattress Mick: The Musical'.

That's the point where you stop and not actually MAKE the musical!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I liked that Metal tribute act show he did a few years ago.

• Advertisement

I can see the headlines tomorrow.

"Man Melts On Live TV"

I'm gonna be in Shoot Yourself magazine.

That laugh that Ray does when he pretends to find something funny is cringe inducing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Christy Moore is lookin well on the hair regeneration programme

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Have to say Karl Spain makes me laugh, seen a few times supporting UK comedians and recently in the international he was head and shoulders above everyone.... Now he's no carlin or anything, just a very funny bloke.... Hopefully I won't regret this post :)

I went to see him play somewhere years back and he was grand, funny enough but nothing unreal. A week later I went to the same comedy night and at the last minute the headliner pulled out and lo and behold Karl stepped in to fill the gap, here we go, I thought, I'm going to see the same stuff all over again, but he came out told the audience he had no material because he didn't want to do the exact same act all over again, so he just riffed and improvised off the audience for about an hour - and he was absolutely hilarious, destroyed the place. I've had a soft spot for him ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Karl Spain's show was 'Karl Spain wants a wife' which was a good name.

I thought they should have followed it up with "Evanne wants a man" featuring Sports Presenter Evanne Ní Chuillin. No idea of her relationship status, but it rhymes.

"We got you clapping".
    The paid gimp down the front told them when to clap Ray, it wasn't optional.

Arghus wrote: »
    I went to see him play somewhere years back and he was grand, funny enough but nothing unreal. A week later I went to the same comedy night and at the last minute the headliner pulled out and lo and behold Karl stepped in to fill the gap, here we go, I thought, I'm going to see the same stuff all over again, but he came out told the audience he had no material because he didn't want to do the exact same act all over again, so he just riffed and improvised off the audience for about an hour - and he was absolutely hilarious, destroyed the place. I've had a soft spot for him ever since.

Yeah the last time I saw him in the international he was supposedly just passing and Co mc'd with aiden bishop... He was hilarious and again nó material. What was particularly funny was his insistence on making sure aiden bishop go equal air time... So Karl would say something hilarious, then let aiden die on his arse and then Karl would say something funny again

Skid X wrote: »
    Karl Spain's show was 'Karl Spain wants a wife' which was a good name.

I thought they should have followed it up with "Evanne wants a man" featuring Sports Presenter Evanne Ní Chuillin. No idea of her relationship status, but it rhymes.

She has at least two children with a bloke so you're out of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

It came across as one of those ideas where the only the title makes it sounds funny, like 'Boy Racers: The Musical' or 'Mattress Mick: The Musical'.

That's the point where you stop and not actually MAKE the musical!

Ray Darcy: The Musical?

Advertisement