Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

20Cent wrote: »
    He got a suspended sentanced a year ago on condition he wouldn't interfere with the cases. He did exactly that so suspension lifted and off to prison. No one to blame but himself.

Bullsh*t, he was arrested for a breach of the peace not for reporting outside the courthouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Bullsh*t, he was arrested for a breach of the peace not for reporting outside the courthouse.

Isn't the only source for that him shouting it as he was being arrested?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

He's in prison for contempt of court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Said in the video by a police officer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

deco nate wrote: »
    From what I have seen, and 20 cent replied. He has been sentenced to 13 months. if that is true something is really wrong

But I haven't seen that anywhere. It just says he was arrested. It also says he had a suspended sentence but a judge generally has to reactivate that right?

This is the latest news story I can find
    https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/tommy-robinson-hmp-hull-prison-1612623

And here's another
    https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/26/tommy-robinson-supporters-climb-gates-downing-street-arrest-7580655/

It says nothing about sentencing. I'd imagine he's being held until he can be arraigned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

No the copper clearly says it to him

Grayson wrote: »
    But I haven't seen that anywhere. It just says he was arrested. It also says he had a suspended sentence but a judge generally has to reactivate that right?

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/tommy-robinson-hmp-hull-prison-1612623

And here's another
    https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/26/tommy-robinson-supporters-climb-gates-downing-street-arrest-7580655/

It says nothing about sentencing. I'd imagine he's being held until he can be arraigned

He has been locked up for 13 months, I'd like to know what the original sentence was 13 months?

The judge ordered a ban on reporting on the case that's why it's not been reported in the media, apparently

And here's another

The judge placed a ban on reporting of the case. You can see the judge ban order online.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

Taytoland wrote: »
    Should not have filmed them if he was told not to do so especially on a suspended sentence. So his own fault in that regard. We do not need to see videos on these Pakistani Muslim gangs who rape children all over the country, we all know they exist.

I don't blame him for his views on Islamism, I hold similar views to him on it.
    He should have waited untill a verdict was delivered.
    Though it's another pest as the authorities will see of the street and airways.
    Anyone deemed as right wing is now an enemy to the UK Government.
    Stand on a street condemning some off the extreme teachings in the Koran and you will get arrested.
    Stand with placards saying behead people, well I think you will safely remain free.

He has been locked up for 13 months, I'd like to know what the original sentence was 13 months?

The judge ordered a ban on reporting on the case that's why it's not been reported in the media, apparently

So people can report that he was arrested and that he's currently in jail but can't report that he has had his suspended sentence activated? is that what you're saying? Or are you saying there's a ban on the grooming case?

I googled and when there's a suspended sentence the accused has to go before a judge to get it reactivated.

https://www.defence-barrister.co.uk/suspended-sentences/
    Committing a further offence
    If a defendant is convicted of an offence committed during the operational period of a suspended sentence, this will also mean the case will come back to court for the defendant to be dealt with for breach.

Admitting the breach
    Where a defendant is returned to court for breach of a requirement of a suspended sentence, he will be asked if he admits the breach. If not, a hearing will have to take place for the judge to decide whether he is in breach or not.

Sentence activation
    In the event of a breach, unless it considers it unjust to do so, the court will activate the suspended sentence (in whole or in part), meaning that the defendant will have to serve some or all of the sentence of imprisonment or detention in a Young Offender Institution.

I'd say that he's just being held until he's put in front of a judge. He's all over twitter. Some non UK source could have reported on it by now but there's not a single article saying he's been actually sentanced.

• Advertisement

So people can report that he was arrested and that he's currently in jail but can't report that he has had his suspended sentence activated? is that what you're saying?

I googled and when there's a suspended sentence the accused has to go before a judge to get it reactivated.

https://www.defence-barrister.co.uk/suspended-sentences/

I'd say that he's just being held until he's put in front of a judge. He's all over twitter. Some non UK source could have reported on it by now but there's not a single article saying he's been actually sentanced.
    They could report on the arrest because it happened before the judge put a ban on reporting.
    You can see the judge
    Order online that was imposed yesterday.

Not what I have been reading, also nothing about the protests outside 10 downing Street today in the media.

Not what I have been reading, also nothing about the protests outside 10 downing Street today in the media.

6 posts up. One of the links I posted has it.

6 posts up. One of the links I posted has it.

Sorry thought you were just posting about his arrest. Tbh, that's piss poor reporting by the metro. " pouring Stella Artois over 10 Downing Street"
    Poor journalism at best, or is that worst.

It wasn't anything like that from the videos I've seen.

In fact they were mostly respectful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

What Tommy did wasn't wise by any means, but it seems what followed from it was highly politically motivated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

He's just a wee attention seeker like that nutjob Asian Glaswegian who's a fanatical Rangers fan and attends Britain First marches.

dd972 wrote: »
    He's just a wee attention seeker like that nutjob Asian Glaswegian who's a fanatical Rangers fan and attends Britain First marches.

Expand on this please? If you can't post a coherent post, well.....
    Trolling reported

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Which is worse what Tommy Robinson says or muslim gangs grooming little girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Mutant z wrote: »
    Which is worse what Tommy Robinson says or muslim gangs grooming little girls.

The worst thing that could happen is the case against the grooming gang collapsing. Apparently they are going to call for a mistrial now after a juror was filmed being called a Muslim pedo outside the courthouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Sorry thought you were just posting about his arrest. Tbh, that's piss poor reporting by the metro. " pouring Stella Artois over 10 Downing Street"
    Poor journalism at best, or is that worst.

It wasn't anything like that from the videos I've seen.

In fact they were mostly respectful

You and others are actively ignoring the fact that he was endangering the privacy of victims. This is why he is in trouble. It is not the first time he has done this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

The same people on here defending Robinson would be having a field day if a Muslim grooming gang got off a conviction because of a mistrial.

They'd probably get off anyway.

• Advertisement

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    They'd probably get off anyway.

You're an apologist for him endangering the legal process and actually endangering a conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

pitifulgod wrote: »
    You're an apologist for him endangering the legal process and actually endangering a conviction.

They don't care, and they never will. These fanboys are just angry and if a mistrial happens, they will try and blame everyone but Robinson, who damn well knew what he was doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I know this is going to sound pedantic, and I know there's a rule against grammar Nazism, but can we PLEASE got one thing straight?

There are no such words as "Muslimism" or "Islamsism": Islam is the religion; a Muslim is the person who practices the religion.

Sorry to go back to basics, but if you want to try and give the impression that you know what you're talking about when it comes to religious ethnic groups and their influence on societal community relations, getting the basic words right is kind of a pre-requisite.

Getting them so fanatically wrong makes you look like a complete and utter ****wit no matter what point you make.

:)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamism

Oh Please. If protections weren't put in place to protect the children [special entrance,etc] then that's the British Police and Court's fault. Not Tommy Robinson.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

20Cent wrote: »
    The worst thing that could happen is the case against the grooming gang collapsing. Apparently they are going to call for a mistrial now after a juror was filmed being called a Muslim pedo outside the courthouse.

No one was called muslim paedo outside the court, you're talking through your hole. They were asked what they were in court for. The reaction from them speaks for itself, guilty men that dont give a f**k about the law. Child rapists, and according to their supporters and family its the childrens fault because they are slags..

Oh Please. If protections weren't put in place to protect the children [special entrance,etc] then that's the British Police and Court's fault. Not Tommy Robinson.

So when someone breaks the law it's the fault of the person who made the law, not the person who broke it?

Or are you saying that it's the polices fault because they should have made a greater effort to protect victims from people like tommy robinson?

You'll do everything to justify his behaviour...

You'll do everything to justify his behaviour...

Just like you're doing to justify the fascist police state of Britain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Just like you're doing to justify the fascist police state of Britain?

Why do you want a mistrail?

• Advertisement

Why do you want a mistrail?

If that is all it takes to cause a mistrial then the British Justice System is in a sad state of affairs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement