Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

batgoat wrote: »
    Antifa with all their faults aren't white supremacist hooligans. That is what football hooligans are and the reason why the keep racism out of football campaign came in.

Just a different streak in the political toilet bowl.

Neither offer anything positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

batgoat wrote: »
    Antifa with all their faults aren't white supremacist hooligans. That is what football hooligans are and the reason why the keep racism out of football campaign came in.

All football hooligans are white supremacists? Even the black ones?

The worst kind, they feel they have something to prove to the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Danzy wrote: »
    The worst kind, they feel they have something to prove to the others.

Lol yoi obviously don't know many football hooligans, they don't care about skin colour they just care about the fights.

Lol yoi obviously don't know many football hooligans, they don't care about skin colour they just care about the fights.

I actually know 2, knew 2,strangely enough.

One white English one half cast, they owned a pub in Birmingham,worked there one summer years ago.

Both were half out if it then. Clean ****ing mental for battle and often great friends years after with lads they fought like animals.

Decent all the same.

No clear cut lines in these things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

Danzy wrote: »
    one half cast

You can't say that anymore. Even if you could spell or comprehend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

seamus wrote: »
    There's a common theme running through the pictures of all those "protestors", I just can't qwhite put my finger on it.

As predictable as the religion of the terrorist in Germany today?

I bet you guessed Zoroastrian.

BoneIdol wrote: »
    You can't say that anymore. Even if you could spell or comprehend it.

That's nice.

As predictable as the religion of the terrorist in Germany today?

I bet you guessed Zoroastrian.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-43316735

Just like those lads, yeah.

Germans have a fierce post war history of terrorism left and right. The Baader-Meinhoff group and splinter cells were as mental as it gets. All white as the driven snow and from Christian families.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

There's a lot that are though. It all depends on the club and the country. There's a lot in Italy and Russia for example. Not as many in other countries. So although there's a strong link in a lot of cases you can't say it's always that way.

• Advertisement

Way to ignore my point.

But if we are going to nitpick, in the last 10 years only 1 terrorist attack in Germany has been from a non-Muslim (although to be fair, a number of attacks were spillover from Kurdish-Turkish conflict).
    The Baader-Meinhoff group and splinter cells were as mental as it gets. All white as the driven snow and from Christian families.

Whites? Christians? In 1970s Germany? Shocked.

But yes, they were absolute nutters.

Way to ignore my point.

But if we are going to nitpick, in the last 10 years only 1 terrorist attack in Germany has been from a non-Muslim (although to be fair, a number of attacks were spillover from Kurdish-Turkish conflict).

Your point was we should assume any threat of terrorism in Germany are from Muslim. That's clearly not the case as highlighted by the 8 white and presumably Christian Germans arrested and jailed in that one gang last year.
    Whites? Christians? In 1970s Germany? Shocked.

There was plenty of turks rebuilding Germany there back then as well and for many years before. Immigration isn't a new thing like some of the fear mongerers would have you believe.

Your point was we should assume any threat of terrorism in Germany are from Muslim. That's clearly not the case as highlighted by the 8 white and presumably Christian Germans arrested and jailed in that one gang last year.

You could pretty safely assume, yes, not that that is particularly meaningful in itself, no more so than saying that Tommy Robinson's supporters are likely to be white.

I was mocking Seamus' point. :pac: I thought it was more meaningful to mock the substance of his argument than scouring all photographs relating to Tommy Robinson's supporters for someone who didn't look white, because it is patently obvious that most of his supporters are likely to be white just as it is patently obvious that most terrorist attacks in Europe are Islamistm, and I don't think it is particularly profitable to give validity to in-substantive arguments by nitpicking their finer details. In the same way that it tends towards insanity to be talking about the likelihood of a terrorist group being white in Germany in an era when 99% of the population was white!

Do not come back with a statistic saying that only 97% of the population was white in 1974 in West Germany or I'll assume all hope is lost.

You could pretty safely assume, yes, not that that is particularly meaningful in itself, no more so than saying that Tommy Robinson's supporters are likely to be white.

I was mocking Seamus' point. :pac: I thought it was more meaningful to mock the substance of his argument than scouring all photographs relating to Tommy Robinson's supporters for someone who didn't look white.

They are often white but by no means all, far from it.

I was mocking Seamus' point. :pac: I thought it was more meaningful to mock the substance of his argument than scouring all photographs relating to Tommy Robinson's supporters for someone who didn't look white, because it is patently obvious that most of his supporters are likely to be white just as it is patently obvious that most terrorist attacks in Europe are Islamistm, and I don't think it is particularly profitable to give validity to in-substantive arguments by nitpicking their finer details. In the same way that it tends towards insanity to be talking about the likelihood of a terrorist group being white in Germany in an era when 99% of the population was white!

Do not come back with a statistic saying that only 97% of the population was white in 1974 in West Germany or I'll assume all hope is lost.

Fair point. At least we're somewhat agreed on Tommy's supporters demographic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Way to ignore my point.

10 murders...
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44764827

200 attacks on asylum accommodation
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/germany-222-refugee-homes-burned-or-attacked-arrests-a6763506.html

Odhinn wrote: »

Yes, Odhinn, the years 2000-2007 were 'in the last ten years'. :rolleyes:

If you are going to nitpick, at least have a clue what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

There was plenty of turks rebuilding Germany there back then as well and for many years before. Immigration isn't a new thing like some of the fear mongerers would have you believe.
    That reminds me, I was listening to a podcast about the Irish immigrants in new York, back in the 1800's. They were hated, they didn't "integrate", people didn't like Catholics and because they had so many kids, people feared they'd take over the entire city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Cienciano wrote: »
    people feared they'd take over the entire city.
    They did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

They did.

Only after we'd built the damn thing.

• Advertisement

Yes, Odhinn, the years 2000-2007 were 'in the last ten years'. :rolleyes:

If you are going to nitpick, at least have a clue what you're talking about.
    Nitpicking by leaving out the arson attacks, are we?

Nitpicking by leaving out the arson attacks, are we?

Not only did you miss my point in using the comparison in the first place, but you did nothing to disprove my assertion. That's a double fail, which is very impressive.

If we aren't talking about murders, but instead about general crime attributed to immigration, that's not something that I have any particular interest in pursuing. This is something that you should be glad about, the statistics would to put it mildly, not be in your favor.

Not only did you miss my point in using the comparison in the first place, but you did nothing to disprove my assertion. That's a double fail, which is very impressive.

If we aren't talking about murders, but instead about general crime attributed to immigration, that's not something that I have any particular interest in pursuing. This is something that you should be glad about, the statistics would to put it mildly, not be in your favor.

So deliberate burnings of accommodation set aside for refugees is "general crime"? If it were muslims burning the buildings you'd have it labelled as terrorism.

So deliberate burnings of accommodation set aside for refugees is "general crime"? If it were muslims burning the buildings you'd have it labelled as terrorism.

Oh so you're really going there, yeah? General crime such as terrorist attack, sexual attacks, arson, and violent robbery? Are you sure this is a road you want to go down?
    Conducted by Christian Pfeiffer, Dirk Baier and Soeren Kliem of the Zurich University of Applied Sciences, the government-commissioned study uses material from Germany's fourth-most-populous state, Lower Saxony, home to Volkswagen. About 750,000 of its 8 million residents don't have German citizenship, and, according to official data for the end of 2016, about 170,000 of them had applied for asylum. That's also the fourth-highest number in Germany. The researchers asked for data that specifically concerned asylum applicants, both successful and unsuccessful, who had arrived in 2015 and 2016. The state police -- in keeping with the unspoken taboo -- hadn't published such statistics, but they obliged the research team. It turned out the asylum seekers had reversed the decreasing violent crime trend in Lower Saxony. While such crime went down by 21.9 percent between 2007 and 2014, it was up again by 10.4 percent by the end of 2016. Some 83 percent of the cases were solved -- and 92.1 percent of the increase was attributable to the newcomers.
    source

This wasn't even my point. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

They did.

They didn't. They stuck to a couple of slum areas, 5 Points being one. Once they become second generation, they're more American than irish.

Oh so you're really going there, yeah? General crime such as terrorist attack, sexual attacks, arson, and violent robbery? Are you sure this is a road you want to go down?

Why are you saying arson attacks on refugee accomodation aren't acts of terrorism?

• Site Banned Posts: 7 Is That It?

Leftists actually see people like Robinson as more dangerous and disgusting than the 'asian' gangs that were/are allowed rape young white girls with impunity.

Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭gw80

Cienciano wrote: »
    They didn't. They stuck to a couple of slum areas, 5 Points being one. Once they become second generation, they're more American than irish.

A lot of them still consider themselves irish after how many generations?

Why are you saying arson attacks on refugee accomodation aren't acts of terrorism?

Okay, I'll give your post the same treatment. Are you ready? I'll be honest, it makes me feel a little nauseous.

Why are you saying that sexual attacks don't matter?

Ugggh. How do you manage to write like that consistently.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 7 Is That It?

Okay, I'll give your post the same treatment. Are you ready? I'll be honest, it makes me feel a little nauseous.

Why are you saying that sexual attacks don't matter?

Ugggh. How do you manage to write like that consistently.

I'll answer the question for you: sexual violence doesn't matter because the victims are white women. It's the only way you can explain feminist Sweden covering up sexual violence at music festivals so as not to offend migrant men.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement