Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

So people who don't like muslims aren't racists but muslims who don't like people who don't like muslims are?

Gotcha

I didn't say that. I said (actually I inferred) that people who had a problem with Islam aren't racist. People who hate people or will act violently against people who have an issue with their religion are (religiously motivated....not race again)

Kinda racist of you to think that all Muslims are a the one race.

You don't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Try getting on with a balaclava or a ski mask and see how far you get. But you know - racist eh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,067 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Few months ago people wanted the best conditions for Prisoners as it was a Human Right for guy in Foreign Country

Now nobody gives a **** about fella in Foreign Country

Don't care about Robinson but it's gas how people change opinion so quick once it's their side or opposite

Few months ago people wanted the best conditions for Prisoners as it was a Human Right for guy in Foreign Country

Now nobody gives a **** about fella in Foreign Country

Don't care about Robinson but it's gas how people change opinion so quick once it's their side or opposite

At least Robinson didn't claim several hunger strikes and malnourishment yet came out looking like a Tellytubby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I didn't say that. I said (actually I inferred) that people who had a problem with Islam aren't racist. People who hate people or will act violently against people who have an issue with their religion are (religiously motivated....not race again)

Kinda racist of you to think that all Muslims are a the one race.

You don't.

That's what Tommy and his supporters think. You'll find no-one who won't criticise countries like Saudi's or Wahhabism in general. But there have been plenty of people here who will say that muslims are rapists or that muslims want to enslave people. You'll find people who agree with Trump when he says he wants to ban all muslims.

They lump every single person who's part of a diverse religion, with over a billion followers, into one group. And they judge them all based on the actions of the worst people in that group. they'll ignore statistics or even make up lies to back up their case. It's the same mindset of a racist who hates black people or an antisemite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Try getting on with a balaclava or a ski mask and see how far you get. But you know - racist eh ?

funnily enough thats what a lot of the people in comments section are saying.. you know the comments section of the Daily Mail

Grayson wrote:
    That's what Tommy and his supporters think. You'll find no-one who won't criticise countries like Saudi's or Wahhabism in general. But there have been plenty of people here who will say that muslims are rapists or that muslims want to enslave people. You'll find people who agree with Trump when he says he wants to ban all muslims.

Theres a plethora of egregious **** to hammer trump with but when you say he wants to ban all Muslims you are doing your argument no favours. It's patently not true

Theres a plethora of egregious **** to hammer trump with but when you say he wants to ban all Muslims you are doing your argument no favours. It's patently not true

You know I'm referring to trumps muslim ban where he said he wanted to stop all muslims entering the country.

Grayson wrote:
    You know I'm referring to trumps muslim ban where he said he wanted to stop all muslims entering the country.

Except he didn't. He said he wanted a stop on immigration from certain countries on a list Obama created (admittedly predominantly Muslim populated) until they sorted something out.

I'm not saying I agreed with that policy but to say he wanted to ban all Muslims is disingenuous

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »

Except that wasn't the ban proposed.

It was a replica of the ban proposed by Barack Obama where certain countries were prohibited from entry until they had been security checked.

The only mistake that made was not including Saudi and other seriously dodgy countries.

Nope.

Neither President Obama nor the State Department banned or stopped those applications entirely; the slowdown affected a single type of visa from a single country (and not all entry from several countries); the slowdown occurred in order to implement enhanced screening procedures, which remained in place in January 2017.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Stephen15 wrote: »
    He could be going back to jail after his re trial. He has been unwell and been to hospital twice since his release. Says a lot about the UK prison system when a man is in solitary confinement for 2 months not getting enough to eat and loosing 40 pounds in weight a murderer or a rapist doesn't get that, whether you think Tommy is right or wrong in what he did what is happening to him is barbaric.

I also don't remember a certain "Irishman" looking in such a bad way when he got out after 4 years in an Eyptian jail.
    He is a true patriot giving his body and soul for the cause. Well done to Stephen Lennon. I have no doubt whatsoever he will be dead in the next few years and the thousands and thousands at his funeral will be a sight to behold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Taytoland wrote: »
    He is a true patriot giving his body and soul for the cause. Well done to Stephen Lennon. I have no doubt whatsoever he will be dead in the next few years and the thousands and thousands at his funeral will be a sight to behold.

Thousand of Sieg Heil gestures based upon the behaviour of the recent protests. :rolleyes:

Taytoland wrote: »

What cause?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

What cause?

I believe it's their cause is battle against the genocide of the white man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I think you are confused, Tommy is about bringing attention to and stopping the spread of a dangerous ideology that persecutes people of different colour or religion, kills people that try to leave the group, murders people of different sexuality, oppress women and mutilate young girls, this is happening today in many countries with an Islamic majority and Tommy is seeing it spreading in his home also, he is fighting an ideology that wants to live as they did 1500 years ago and in my book that is the complete opposite to a progressive society.

Except he didn't. He said he wanted a stop on immigration from certain countries on a list Obama created (admittedly predominantly Muslim populated) until they sorted something out.

I'm not saying I agreed with that policy but to say he wanted to ban all Muslims is disingenuous

total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States

It was all over the news. You have to remember it. They were then told that it wasn't constitutional. So they watered it down. That was rejected by the courts so they watered it down again.

Obama never banned muslims or even those countries. He ordered a slowdown that involved additional background checks for some countrires. As for where the list of countries came from
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-immigration-order-obama/

You'll notice it wasn't a ban on those countries. Just a restriction on the waiver program. It simply changed how people from those countries applied for access. Also Obama didn't suggest it, it was tacked onto an appropriations bill that he signed into law. So he didn't create it and it didn't ban anyone.

But if there's one thing you take away from this post it should be Trump saying
    total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

And has it stopped Muslims form emigrating to the us, how many stories have you heard of Muslims from the EU being refused immigration to the US just because they are Muslim or is it in effect just a handful of countries with large possibly hostile Muslim populations?

Remember Trump says a lot of crazy stuff and changes his mind a day later but it is the laws that are put into effect that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

who knew the far right were such drama queens.
    far right :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

You know I'm referring to trumps muslim ban where he said he wanted to stop all muslims entering the country.[/quote]

Only Trump has never said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Madagascan wrote: »
    Only Trump has never said that.

except he has.

Quote:
    total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.
    now, if that is not a bann on muslims, then what is it?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Site Banned Posts: 120 ✭✭Lash Into The Pints

Nope. He's exposing the widescale rape and abuse of white children by migrants.

Aww, is that wacist?

I think you are confused, Tommy is about bringing attention to and stopping the spread of a dangerous ideology that persecutes people of different colour or religion, kills people that try to leave the group, murders people of different sexuality, oppress women and mutilate young girls, this is happening today in many countries with an Islamic majority and Tommy is seeing it spreading in his home also, he is fighting an ideology that wants to live as they did 1500 years ago and in my book that is the complete opposite to a progressive society.

Yes but mentally ill western liberals will still defend Islam.

Thought libs hated religion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

Someone once said the alliance between Islam and western liberals was the strangest alliance since the Nazi/Soviet pact. It is utterly baffling.

Someone once said the alliance between Islam and western liberals was the strangest alliance since the Nazi/Soviet pact. It is utterly baffling.

Discussing the proposed burka ban and Johnson's comments in work.

The confusion on their little faces- bless. Having to like "hating a Tory"; him being a man and therefore how dare he! - to women's rights but having to defend "well it's their culture isn't it? What can we do?"

I threw in "So is FGM and you can't defend that can you??".

Blank faces while they decide how they SHOULD reply!!! Comical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

The confusion on their little faces- bless. Having to like "hating a Tory"; him being a man and therefore how dare he! - to women's rights but having to defend "well it's their culture isn't it? What can we do?"

Johnson didn't even call for a ban. Just made a funny comment. Unfortunately, you have to expect this level of hysteria these days.

Grayson wrote:
    You'll find people who agree with Trump when he says he wants to ban all muslims.

I stand corrected. I completely forgot about when he said that during the campaign. Apologies

Johnson didn't even call for a ban. Just made a funny comment. Unfortunately, you have to expect this level of hysteria these days.

Same person thought his comment about letter boxes was "the crassest most racist comment"

I was about to weigh in with mine about looking like a Dalek stored in a garage but thought better of it!

• Advertisement

Same person thought his comment about letter boxes was "the crassest most racist comment"

I was about to weigh in with mine about looking like a Dalek stored in a garage but thought better of it!

I have had similar experiences with western liberals. I have asked them to explain how being opposed to an item of clothing is 'racist'. Needless to say i was not given an answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement