Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

jmayo wrote: »
    And yet the problem for some people is one working class guy from Luton who was a football hooligan, had a dodgy mortgage and likes to jeopardise the trials of these people with complete disregard for their victims getting justice. :rolleyes:
    That's the problem many have with Tommy Robinson - just because someone is attacking the bad guys doesn't automatically make them an infallible good guy. He knew full well before doing it, and during the whole time he was doing it, that this would completely jeopardise the justice system and very possibly lead to the perpetrators being let go free.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    More likely he'll exit the prison walking funny with an arse like a clown's pocket.

Are you saying muslim men are going to rape him in prison? Those lovely people would never do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Rochdale, Rotherham, Newcastle, Bradford, Oxford, Telford and now Leeds.

BTW there are also ongoing cases being investigated in Stratford, London, Stockton on Tees, Sheffield.

Hundreds of perpetrators - child rapists, 90 something percent of them muslims, who have left thousands victims of gang rape and sexual slavery.
    And usually the victims are white poor working class young girls.
    Now if that isn't racist targeting then what is?

And yet the problem for some people is one working class guy from Luton who was a football hooligan, had a dodgy mortgage and likes to film things on his phone. :rolleyes:

Britain is fooked and by the looks of a fair few of the spanners around here so is Ireland.

And just a quick read up there, the verdict was already reached and the prisoners about to be sent anyway, so the mistrial thing seems to be bollocks.

Plus you can see in the live stream he did that he asked a policeman to film on the street outside the court. He was trying to be careful out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

And yet the problem for some people is one working class guy from Luton who was a football hooligan, had a dodgy mortgage and likes to film things on his phone. :rolleyes:

Stop this nonsense. Its pathetic. People are rightly pissed off that Yaxley-Lennon, could cause a mistrial, that is the context of the thread and you damn well know it too.

The accused deserve a fair trial, regardless of what crime there accused of. If there found guilty I hope they have the book thrown at them. Also, the victims deserve justice and a mistrial, will deny them that. Also, they deserve privacy to.

All of those things don't matter to you, as your more interested in your bull**** politics, because that is all that matters to you. Otherwise, you would like most reasonable people, have an issue with some damn idiot, trying to cause a mistrial, and yes an idiot causing a mistrial is the issue under discussion, and not whatever ever strawman you have constructed to rile yourself up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Rochdale, Rotherham, Newcastle, Bradford, Oxford, Telford and now Leeds.

BTW there are also ongoing cases being investigated in Stratford, London, Stockton on Tees, Sheffield.

Hundreds of perpetrators - child rapists, 90 something percent of them muslims, who have left thousands victims of gang rape and sexual slavery.
    And usually the victims are white poor working class young girls.
    Now if that isn't racist targeting then what is?

Britain is fooked and by the looks of a fair few of the spanners around here so is Ireland.

You're making a straw man argument there.

No-one here think that what those gangs did was right. No-one thinks they shouldn't be prosecuted. It's just that some of us also happen to think Tommy Robinson is a scumbag prick. And pointing out what those gangs did does not make him less of a prick. It doesn't mean that he didn't break the law. It doesn't excuse him from breaking the law.

• Advertisement

And just a quick read up there, the verdict was already reached and the prisoners about to be sent anyway, so the mistrial thing seems to be bollocks.

There are a serious of linked trials. So not bollocks, hence his arrest. Ye lads need to up your game ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Billy86 wrote: »
    That's the problem many have with Tommy Robinson - just because someone is attacking the bad guys doesn't automatically make them an infallible good guy. He knew full well before doing it, and during the whole time he was doing it, that this would completely jeopardise the justice system and very possibly lead to the perpetrators being let go free.

Ehh did he film the victims going into court?
    Did he film and broadcast the scumbag perps going into court ?

And it wouldn't be the first time the perpetrators were led go free to do their raping.
    After all the authorities in every case so far have been found to have been complicit.
    thebull85 wrote: »
    Are you saying muslim men are going to rape him in prison? Those lovely people would never do that.

Nah some of those muslim men in jail only like children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

wes wrote: »
    There are a serious of linked trials. So not bollocks, hence his arrest. Ye lads need to up your game ffs.

Ok, so take me through this.

So a trial that was already decided, and was already reported in the local newspaper (outcome) even if was local knowledge at that stage...

How does that constitute a mistrial? Any information was public-ally known at that stage.

That's why Tommy did it, he thought he'd get away with it.

Ehh did he film the victims going into court?
    Did he film and broadcast the scumbag perps going into court ?

And it wouldn't be the first time the perpetrators were led go free to do their raping.
    After all the authorities in every case so far have been found to have been complicit.
    So your reaction to the fact that he was happy to jeopardise the trial in the name of his own publicity was "yeah, so what"?

Ok, so take me through this.

So a trial that was already decided, and was already reported in the local newspaper (outcome) even if was local knowledge at that stage...

How does that constitute a mistrial? Any information was public-ally known at that stage.

That's why Tommy did it, he thought he'd get away with it.

There are a series of trials. When, there all done, then the restrictions will be lifted, hence why Tommy was arrested. He knew what he was doing and he has no one, but himself to blame. Again, I think he did it in purpose to try and make himself to be some kind of martyr and that is working very well, as the world is full of useful idiots.

The thing is that the judge thinks there is a danger of a mistrial. Going to go out on a limb and say the judge is in a better place, than internet fanboys to make that judgement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I feel for Tommy he is going to be locked up in with as many extemeist Muslims as they can find. Remember the lad who left a bit of bacon at the mosque was beating to death and not a word about it

The list of names that was posted on here was doing the rounds last week, prior to TR streaming from outside to court. So the "accused" indentitys were already out there. And no mistrial.

The list of names that was posted on here was doing the rounds last week, prior to TR streaming from outside to court. So the "accused" indentitys were already out there. And no mistrial.

So the idiots managed to not cause a mistrial, so that makes such attempts to do so ok? FFS, lads you need to do better than this. Its really disturbing that your ok with people trying to cause a mistrial, because that is exactly what these idiots are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

ZeroThreat wrote:
    More likely he'll exit the prison walking funny with an arse like a clown's pocket.

Fair play for standing by the PC voting table who'd rather slate their own than challenge the status quo. Might be you with funny walk on years to come

Apparently they are filing for a mistrial in the coming days, though we'll know when we know. Given the scale of it, there would also be multiple trials and apparently some are still ongoing. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a motion for mistrial in the coming days off the back of this, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gerry T

So the idiots managed to not cause a mistrial, so that makes such attempts to do so ok? FFS, lads you need to do better than this. Its really disturbing that your ok with people trying to cause a mistrial, because that is exactly what these idiots are doing.
    On the video Tommy said the proceedings for the day were a sentencing hearing not a trial.
    He also mentioned this was one of 3 trials/sentencing for the case, as their were so many, 29 I think people accused, and the third sentencing was due around Sept.
    I'm not defending Tommy's actions but is it known if his arrest was outside a sentencing or Trial proceeding.

Apparently they are filing for a mistrial in the coming days, though we'll know when we know. Given the scale of it, there would also be multiple trials and apparently some are still ongoing. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a motion for mistrial in the coming days off the back of this, sadly.

If any of the accused are released, Tommy and his fanboys are responsible imo. <snip>

Mod note:Easy on the rhetoric, please.

Buford T. Justice

Gerry T wrote: »
    On the video Tommy said the proceedings for the day were a sentencing hearing not a trial.
    He also mentioned this was one of 3 trials/sentencing for the case, as their were so many, 29 I think people accused, and the third sentencing was due around Sept.
    I'm not defending Tommy's actions but is it known if his arrest was outside a sentencing or Trial proceeding.

Well, the judge would be in a far better place to make a judgement on the matter, than any of us on here. Tommy knew exactly what he was doing and him being aware that it was a series, mean he knew exactly what would happen.

Some of the accused could be released due to his actions.

How many people knew about this trial before friday? How many more know now? Millions more.. Job done.

There will be no mistrial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gerry T

Well, the judge would be in a far better place to make a judgement on the matter, than any of us on here. Tommy knew exactly what he was doing and him being aware that it was a series, mean he knew exactly what would happen.

Some of the accused could be released due to his actions.

I'm not defending him, but if it were a sentencing hearing then I can't see how there could be a miss trial as the trial would be over.
    If it was a trial then yes he's a feckin edjit , he knows better than to do what he did.

• Advertisement

How many people knew about this trial before friday? How many more know now? Millions more.. Job done.

There will be no mistrial.

Except that there might be. We don't know yet.

Its disturbing how flippant you are and again shows that so many don't actually care about justice for the victims, but care about there far right politics and promoting it, even at the risk of allowing the accused to go free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

If any of the accused are released, Tommy and his fanboys are responsible imo. Bloody ****ing idiots.

Your honor, on the day of sentencing Tommy Robinson asked my client 'well, is you guilty?', therefore I call for a mistrial' 'Ok, I have no option but to call this off'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Grayson wrote: »
    You're making a straw man argument there.

No-one here think that what those gangs did was right. No-one thinks they shouldn't be prosecuted. It's just that some of us also happen to think Tommy Robinson is a scumbag prick. And pointing out what those gangs did does not make him less of a prick. It doesn't mean that he didn't break the law. It doesn't excuse him from breaking the law.

And why the ban on actually reporting his arrest and sentencing ?

Funny how when some break the law they get the nicely nicely approach, and when others "break the law" they get banged up in jail in hours.
    Hell they are even allowed continue break the law and the law we are talking about is rape.

Oh and his suspended sentence last year was a sentence of 3 months yet now he is in for 13 months.

And yes we know about your hatred for Robinson, your posts usually ooze of it.
    So your reaction to the fact that he was happy to jeopardise the trial in the name of his own publicity was "yeah, so what"?

No it fooking aint.
    He has been an idiot, but I see how his actions are played as if they would result in mistrial when this actual trial has been decided bar the sentencing.
    And then the spectre of linked trials are added by one poster here even though the perps names have already been outed last week.

BTW wes can you provide links to that assertion that there is blanket ban on coverage until series of linked trials are carried out?

It just stinks how someone seen as a thorn in the side of the authorities, anti state and media narrative and anti multiculturalism, is dealt with in comparison to others who are placated and facilitated.

Maybe if the authorities worked a hundredth as fast on the likes of the members of the child grooming gangs then there would be no Tommy Robinson.

It was disturbing the peace that he was charged with. I watched about 5 minutes of the video yesterday,just skipping through it. He was asking people if there were there for the trial. I saw one guy say "no Robbery" and Tommy and he had a laugh about it. It could even be that stopping and asking people like that is breaching the peace. I honestly don't know and I don't think anyone here does. Until we're shown what exactly was the specific action that was breaching the peace we won't know.

Gerry T wrote: »
    I'm not defending him, but if it were a sentencing hearing then I can't see how there could be a miss trial as the trial would be over.
    If it was a trial then yes he's a feckin edjit , he knows better than to do what he did.

Again, the judge would be better place, than you or I to make that call, and they did. BTW, this is not the first time Tommy has got in trouble for this. He got a suspended sentence already, which had conditions attached. He brought this mess on himself, and fanboy reaction has just made things worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Funny how when some break the law they get the nicely nicely approach, and when others "break the law" they get banged up in jail in hours.
    Hell they are even allowed continue break the law and the law we are talking about is rape.

Oh and his suspended sentence last year was a sentence of 3 months yet now he is in for 13 months.

No it fooking aint.
    He has been an idiot, but I see how his actions are played as if they would result in mistrial when this actual trial has been decided bar the sentencing.
    And then the spectre of linked trials are added by one poster here even though the perps names have already been outed last week.

BTW wes can you provide links to that assertion that there is blanket ban on coverage until series of linked trials are carried out?

It just stinks how someone seen as a thorn in the side of the authorities, anti state and media narrative and anti multiculturalism, is dealt with in comparison to others who are placated and facilitated.

Maybe if the authorities worked a hundredth as fast on the likes of the members of the child grooming gangs then there would be no Tommy Robinson.

how do you know he has been locked up for 13 months? Seems a very odd sentence.

Your honor, on the day of sentencing Tommy Robinson asked my client 'well, is you guilty?', therefore I call for a mistrial' 'Ok, I have no option but to call this off'

Well, the accused are applying for mistrials. Also, the accused names have been spread around the Internet, including on this thread. Its amazing that you lads are so supportive of giving the accused more ammunition to get themselves a mistrial.

There is no ban on his arrest. Haven't you read any of the thread? Even the OP put in a link about his arrest. I put one in from today a page or two back.

There is absolutely no ban on reporting on his arrest. Do you understand that? It's been stated probably about 20 times in this thread. So I'm checking to make sure you do actually understand that.

And if they were allowed break the law on rape they wouldn't be in court for it would they. How come in a thread that has a court case like this one, you can say that there's no court cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

AFAIK, the outrage is not because Tommy was arrested, it is because within a few hours of being arrested, he was sentenced to thirteen months in prison; all done and dusted in one afternoon.

And no, I cannot provide a link, because the judge, Geoffrey Marson, immediately imposed a complete media blackout on everything that happened after the initial arrest.

Love or loathe Robinson, the powers that be are willing to go to any lengths to silence him, even if that means he's murdered while in prison. If you're comfortable with that, good for you, personally I find it quite disturbing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Grayson wrote: »
    There is no ban on his arrest. Haven't you read any of the thread? Even the OP put in a link about his arrest. I put one in from today a page or two back.

There is absolutely no ban on reporting on his arrest. Do you understand that? It's been stated probably about 20 times in this thread. So I'm checking to make sure you do actually understand that.

And if they were allowed break the law on rape they wouldn't be in court for it would they. How come in a thread that has a court case like this one, you can say that there's no court cases.

Any details of his case been reported? Any case-specific information?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement