Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terible case of animal abuse caught on camera

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The woman was brave, fair play to her. Most people would have muttered to themselves and moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭malinheader

wakka12 wrote: »
    It probably collapsed due to over exhaustion, starvation or dehydration though.
    Poor little baby. I dont know home some people have it in them to just torture animals or people.
    Why dont animal welfare officers do checks at halting sites and remove these poor animals from their possession

The animal welfare officers are probably to feared to enter these sites and rightly so. And these people know that too . As I said there a law to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Odelay

Disgusting, but not surprising give the culture of that community. Guessed who would be involved before I viewed the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

This country needs more jails, it's as simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 brewster101

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

ZERO. is the answer to that. They will do eff all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭malinheader

ZERO. is the answer to that. They will do eff all.

As much as I would love to see a prosecution the guards hands are tied on this I fear. How long will it be before we hear it's discrimination or even racist against the travelling community if they try to prosecute. It's time the law system in this country was seriously looked at and political correctness too. If you commit a crime you pay the price no matter who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Glad I can't view video.

But sure what about Travellers rights? Right?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

wakka12 wrote: »
    It probably collapsed due to over exhaustion, starvation or dehydration though.
    Poor little baby. I dont know home some people have it in them to just torture animals or people.
    Why dont animal welfare officers do checks at halting sites and remove these poor animals from their possession

Because they would be attacked when they went in. There was a park in Cherry Orchard which was often a site of animal abuse. When DSPCA and the guards went in to try and rescue the horses, they would be attacked.
    Scumbags will be scumbags whether they are travellers or not.
    They're building houses on that park now.

We need to do something about how even the guards need to back out of certain areas because they get bricks etc thrown at them. Pretty much telling these scumbags the law doesn't apply to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Face Reality...Travellers can do what they like.....Its part of their culture...Fine Gael gave them special status to do what they want....the law is only for Tax Payers and middle Ireland...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Untouchable.

Relatively easy to prevent this and protect the animals but the Gardaí's hands are tied, politicians won't touch the situation and Pavee Point are ready to jump down the throats shouting discrimination on any that speaks out against it.

Every year there's half a dozen of these stories that make the news, how many do we not see?

What will be the straw that breaks the camel's back here? (No pun intended).

Advertisement