Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terible case of animal abuse caught on camera

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

not clicking on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

"Animal abuse"
    "The Adrian Kennedy Show"

Nope, won't be clicking on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

This video was uploaded to facebook and was discussed on the Adrian Kennedy show.

Be warned it contains animal abuse.

https://video.fdub5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t42.9040-2/33456209_196066424356565_8094514387898859520_n.mp4?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InN2ZV9zZCJ9&oh=7de207b3791d83f604fbf2e103168d66&oe=5B0703E2

The woman who shot the video was subsequently attacked with rocks even though she had an 11 month old in the car. All around disgraceful situation. I know people will want to jump on the traveler aspect but this kind of thing goes on in housing estates as well as halting sites.

Is it time for drastic legislation in relation to horses? Honestly, is there any justification for allowing horses be ridden on public roads by anyone these days?

Wheres the video of animal abuse?. This video is 2 young lads trying to pick up a sick or exhausted horse its certainly not abuse.

Abuse could have came before this perhaps but nothing abusive in the actual video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Thought this was going to be about someone abusing Travelers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The little pony was worked so hard it collapsed on the road.

Many more soon ran out as they were worried about being recorded and more interested in getting rid of the pony.

Scum bags really are.

It's about travellers in the video so I can't really understand the amount that were on trying to drag the story off topic.

Travellers were the ones that done this and they should be ashamed but saying that they couldn't give a rats ass and like always give us all two fingers and a fcuk you very much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

That looks like a foal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Your Face wrote: »
    That looks like a foal.

Shetland pony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Shetland pony

Whatever, its too small for that type of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

So horrible. I shouldn't have watched that.

Poor little pony

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Wheres the video of animal abuse?. This video is 2 young lads trying to pick up a sick or exhausted horse its certainly not abuse.

Abuse could have came before this perhaps but nothing abusive in the actual video.

That pony is tiny, bet he was exhausted drawing two fat arsed lads around on a sulky in the heat.

• Advertisement

Are the two in that vid just thick or genuinely evil?

That pony is tiny, bet he was exhausted drawing two fat arsed lads around on a sulky in the heat.

Looked like he was having a heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That animal is only suitable only for a (very) small child to ride or just simply as a pet.

Not tearing around the road with a sulky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

I have nothing against travellers, in fact i've met some really sound ones, but i have seen some, and i just mean some, kick their dogs around halting sites. It actually upset me to see. I wonder is it a cultural thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Wheres the video of animal abuse?

Did you watch the same video, they try to drag it along by its head and pick it up by its tail, there is clear abuse in the video

Quite likely both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Trying to lift it by the tail not enough for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Looks like the Heywood Road in Clonmel
    https://www.google.com/maps/@52.3676956,-7.7176546,3a,75y,331.93h,98.95t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sxXrXH2oRVz29IR8kdRNH6A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
    There have been some horrific stories regarding animal cruelty in the South Tipperary area over the last few months among the traveling community

I would imagine the pony has been ran to exhaustion along the steep hill towards the halting site near the rugby club

Can you imagine what we don't see? All the instances that don't wind up on camera.

God knows what's happening to animals on these sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

A disgusting and abhorrent culture. That poor animal. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

I love having a group of people in our society that answer to nobody and do whatever they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Mokuba wrote: »
    I love having a group of people in our society that answer to nobody and do whatever they like.

Great country

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

The people shown in this video are the definition of traveller scum plain and simple, weither people like it or not, it is not the minority of traveller people that treat animals like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

The way that you worded that question appears to rule out the possibility of replying with a double affirmative!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭malinheader

If you think that small animal wasn't abused I would hate to see your definition of animal abuse. Travellers a law to themselves or so they think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

It probably collapsed due to over exhaustion, starvation or dehydration though.
    Poor little baby. I dont know home some people have it in them to just torture animals or people.
    Why dont animal welfare officers do checks at halting sites and remove these poor animals from their possession

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Being a thick, violent, and dangerous psychopath seems to be part and parcel of the modern male traveller experience.

Time to take the kiddie gloves off with this lifestyle, and recognise that animal cruelty, burglary, domestic violence, and welfare fraud aren’t things a modern democracy should turn a blind eye to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Being a thick, violent, and dangerous psychopath seems to be part and parcel of the modern male traveller experience.

Time to take the kiddie gloves off with this lifestyle, and recognise that animal cruelty, burglary, domestic violence, and welfare fraud aren’t things a modern democracy should turn a blind eye to.

Note a hope. The government recently gave traveller behaviour their stamp of approval by grant ethnic status. Now travellers can claim abusing animals is simply part of their heritage, in the same way muslims are allowed to brush off criticism of dhabihah (halal slaughter) as islamophobic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Mokuba wrote: »

It really is ridiculous everyone is afraid of them and then they cry abuse and prejudice when they want something from the society which they dont want to be part of, imagine two non traveller boys had done this gardai would be out looking for them right now
    Are gypsy communities in other countries such laws unto themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I wondered for a couple of minutes if I should click on the video. Eventually I watched it. While it's not nice I'm used to seeing horses treated like shite in real life. I live near the River Barrow in Carlow. There's a halting site by the river and it's an unavoidable fact of life that if you take walks there sooner or later you'll see horses treated like crap.

The woman that filmed that is obviously foreign. I've always thought anyone who didn't grow up in Ireland must think it's a backward cesspit of a third world country when they see this kind of carry on with horses for the first time.

Advertisement