Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Healy Raes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,872 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

blinding wrote: »
    Excellent Post. The vast majority are bogus and the whole thing is just a Racket to rip off the Tax Payer ! !

It's a racket to fill dead duck hotels that should never have been built in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Edgware wrote: »
    Tell it to Gemma

Is that really the best argument you can come up with?
    No attempt to debate the facts just tarring those you disagree with as racist conspiracy-theorists with the broadest brush imaginable?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

It's a racket to fill dead duck hotels that should never have been built in the first place.
    For the politically well connected to fill their pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

jmayo wrote: »
    Ehh that money is the taxpayers money.

Myself, and well not sure if you are taxpayer or not, and every other taxpayer are paying for the privledge of housing people who in the vast vast majority of cases should not be here in the first place.
    And in the process we make certain hoteliers and other private entities (legal professionals especially and NGOs, quangoes) reasonably well off in the process.

Buy a hotel and make yourself rich so.....

For the politically well connected to fill their pockets.

Anyone can buy a hotel....why not buy yourself one and then you can take the tax payer money

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Anyone can buy a hotel....why not buy yourself one and then you can take the tax payer money
    And can you buy the inside connections to FFg;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Buy a hotel and make yourself rich so.....

Anyone that can afford to buy a hotel is already rich.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

And can you buy the inside connections to FFg;);)

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

An bord pleanala have rejected for a second time MHR plans on Nancy Myles in Tralee.. KCC again approved the plan to allow flats into the old pub..

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Bellview wrote: »
    An bord pleanala have rejected for a second time MHR plans on Nancy Myles in Tralee.. KCC again approved the plan to allow flats into the old pub..

Delighted to hear that. The Healy Raes are too used to getting their own way. I came across a Merc at a petrol station last Sunday. The Merc was parked right smack bang in the centre of 2 pumps where 2 vehicles normally fill. There were no other diesel pumps working apart from these 2. After a few minutes of waiting the bould Danny appears. Not sure if he was after filling the car or was in the shop. I had my jeep pulled in close to his front bumper and made him back out of the way.

Can someone answer this for me? Michael Healy Rae uses the same number for advertising rental properties on daft as the number that he uses for his Dail and constituency work. As Tds can draw an allowance of €750 to purchase a mobile phone every 18 months, are there any rules for Tds for using these phones for personal or private business interests?

• Advertisement

Danny was also outside the 5km Covid distance as he was in Killarney on Sunday

Delighted to hear that. The Healy Raes are too used to getting their own way. I came across a Merc at a petrol station last Sunday. The Merc was parked right smack bang in the centre of 2 pumps where 2 vehicles normally fill. There were no other diesel pumps working apart from these 2. After a few minutes of waiting the bould Danny appears. Not sure if he was after filling the car or was in the shop. I had my jeep pulled in close to his front bumper and made him back out of the way.

Can someone answer this for me? Michael Healy Rae uses the same number for advertising rental properties on daft as the number that he uses for his Dail and constituency work. As Tds can draw an allowance of €750 to purchase a mobile phone every 18 months, are there any rules for Tds for using these phones for personal or private business interests?

Him using his government phone is only the start of it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Not sure about the "rules", but the de-facto situation seems to be it's open season unless the media get wind of it and you pay back the money for good optics while spinning that you did nothing wrong:

https://www.thejournal.ie/michelle-mulherin-kenya-phone-calls-1956728-Feb2015/

I wouldn't be surprised to find MHR doing that to boost his cute-hoorism score with the types in his own electorate who value such "smarts" from a man "pulling shtrokes". Phone bills for business use are tax deductible so he wouldn't be paying either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Wow ! Hes using a partly work funded phone to revive personal calls ! How despicable.

Thinking of it, I am no better than MHR, we both have sunk to that same level I often took a call from the wife, doctor, dentist, delivery man etc on my work mobile. A colleague of mine did the same, he had a rental and he used his office mobile number (scum).

I wish I was as pure as you guys, but I guess all 3 of us should be lined up and shot.

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Wow ! Hes using a partly work funded phone to revive personal calls ! How despicable.

Thinking of it, I am no better than MHR, we both have sunk to that same level I often took a call from the wife, doctor, dentist, delivery man etc on my work mobile. A colleague of mine did the same, he had a rental and he used his office mobile number (scum).

I wish I was as pure as you guys, but I guess all 3 of us should be lined up and shot.

Always with the excuses

The verb excuse implies there is blame somewhere, so just to clarify - you (Shefwedfan) believe it is wrong to receive a call on a phone that is partly financed (allowance of 750) by the employer ?

Yes or No answer please ?

The verb excuse implies there is blame somewhere, so just to clarify - you (Shefwedfan) believe it is wrong to receive a call on a phone that is partly financed (allowance of 750) by the employer ?

Why don't you answer the original question asked?

Why is this one too difficult ? I opeed the thread, and the last page was all the same theme

I was reacting to the posts all criticising MHR for receiving calls on his partly work founded mobile.

On this specific point I think you are all wrong, on all other points you might well be right, but on this point no, I think you are just getting carried away with your hate.

It's wrong to use a government number on an advertisement in the first place.

But sure I suppose that is him "sticking it up the boys in Dublin" :confused:

For many years now people have ran two numbers, one for work and one for personal, most new phones now can hold a SIM. Is it too much to ask a Healy Rae to spent 40 quid a month on his own SIM?

As always you wont answer the question, nothing new.

Can you direct me to the info that says its a government number, as I think you are again wrong on this point:

"This scheme allows Members to buy a mobile phone and car kit from a provider of their choice and claim back the cost of the equipment to a maximum of €750 in an 18-month period. The costs covered include the purchase of a handset, car kit, yearly insurance premium, maintenance and miscellaneous expenses. In order to be reimbursed, Members must complete a claim form and provide supporting receipts."

• Advertisement

Is it too much to ask a Healy Rae to spent 40 quid a month on his own SIM?

What for ? To comply with your incorrect assumptions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I hear the Healy Raes still intend expanding into Cork NW. Thought they would at the last election.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

For many years now people have ran two numbers, one for work and one for personal, most new phones now can hold a SIM. Is it too much to ask a Healy Rae to spent 40 quid a month on his own SIM?

Ehhhh, what are you waffling on about now?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,971 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Water John wrote: »
    I hear the Healy Raes still intend expanding into Cork NW. Thought they would at the last election.

One of their sons or daughters running in next election there?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

One of their sons or daughters running in next election there?

Máire Danny's daughter is teaching in Bantry

Ehhhh, what are you waffling on about now?

They were having a go at MHR using his mobile to receive personal calls.

Now they have realised that they were talking rubbish they have gone silent/want answers to different questions (as normal).

I was going to mention that MHR paid the greatest contribution of any TD when buying his mobile, he paid 50% of the cost.

They were having a go at MHR using his mobile to receive personal calls.

Now they have realised that they were talking rubbish they have gone silent/want answers to different questions (as normal).

I was going to mention that MHR paid the greatest contribution of any TD when buying his mobile, he paid 50% of the cost.

MHR claimed the maximum amount available €750 when purchasing his phone. Some Tds have spent over €750 on a phone while others have spent less. Your point about MHR paying 50% of the cost is nonsense and pure waffle

MHR claimed the maximum amount available €750 when purchasing his phone. Some Tds have spent over €750 on a phone while others have spent less. Your point about MHR paying 50% of the cost is nonsense and pure waffle

Making the point that he paid close to 50% of the costs, so not nonsense, factually correct.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/mobile-phone-claims-for-politicians-total-over-37000-974993.html

"His grey iPhone XS Max 256GB along with a protective screen, a cover, and a cable ended up costing €1,481.40. On the invoice a reduction of €40.65 is listed under “manager’s good will” and Mr Healy Rae was later reimbursed €750 from the Oireachtas."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

Kerry’s eye gave a good article comparing other kerry TD phone and mhr.. mhr spent more than all the others combined

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Making the point that he paid close to 50% of the costs, so not nonsense, factually correct.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/mobile-phone-claims-for-politicians-total-over-37000-974993.html

"His grey iPhone XS Max 256GB along with a protective screen, a cover, and a cable ended up costing €1,481.40. On the invoice a reduction of €40.65 is listed under “manager’s good will” and Mr Healy Rae was later reimbursed €750 from the Oireachtas."

Factually correct but it was either a disingenuous post to start or you hadn’t read up on it properly.

Advertisement