Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D’Arcy Show May 19th

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Fortunately I missed it tonight. I was at a family occasion tonight in a rural pub / eating house. After the grub my bro in law suggested we go out to the bar for a quiet pint. Straight in the door and there's Ray zoomed in on a 42 incher with the volume up. A few minutes later and auld farmer came in and said "A pint of Smithicks and turn off that bo££ix"
    Mena Mitty wrote: »
    ....like Ceilli house live on the telly.

Brings me right back to my childhood when my father would have Ceilli house on and nobody in the house would get a wink of sleep until it was over. He had a brace on his gammy leg and he'd tap it on the end of the bed in time to the music...God it nearly drove us all nuts.

You were lucky. We used to have to endure my father's 3 Woulfe Tones LPs every Fri Sat and Sun nights when "Me Da would come home tight".
    She's such a lovely person. No airs and graces. Not trying to hog the limelight at all. Does a lot of work with iltreated animals as well.

Well said.
    I might have told this here or on the LLS thread before. I know Sharon fairly well.My wifes 12 yr old nephew is a handy box player. Last year She was playing around here but I wasn't able to go. The young lad had tickets so I texted Sharon to ask if she's meet him after for a selfie and an autograph. She rang me back and asked could I bring him in around 5 when they'd be doing the sound check. She got him to play a couple of tunes and then gave him a few tips and tricks. She's playing here again soon and there will be 2 tickets on the door for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

We need a regular trad session tv show. Something like Daniels Road Trip Meets X Factor.

like Hup! on tg4?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

goose2005 wrote: »
    like Hup! on tg4?

I must check it out, when is it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I must check it out, when is it on?

If you're still reading there's an ep starting now on TG4

Advertisement