Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

losing permanent contract - rights to temporary contract in same school?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

I feel for you at this time, OP. While there will be a policy somewhere, I sense much will come down to the person you deal with in the Department. I say that based on an awareness of teachers whose school closed down and on a designated day 4 Department of Education officials went out to the school and were remarkably kind. One teacher, who had been teaching for 10 years in a range of schools without a CID, was given a CID there and then by the officials when the principal confirmed that if the school remained open she would be kept on for a third year. Just like that. There was also very helpful assistance regarding pension rights and so much else. There was a kindness and dignity in their approach to the understandably anxious staff that reflected well on the DoES.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Thanks everyone. Principal is hopeful it will all be ok. I asked about my rights to one of the career breaks and she wasn't certain. My union rep couldn't confirm my rights to defer redeployment based on maternity. Even though I've seen it in black and white I can defer 6 months before and 9 months after the birth, his uncertainty has me worried now. I know deep down it will be ok it's just the uncertainty right now having finally felt secure at last. I'm hopeful that I'll have answers by the end of the week anyway. Wide awake at 3.45 am but somehow feeling a bit better than I was when I fell asleep.

Advertisement