Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 people shot dead in Texas

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Madd Finn

Fook No is right, lets focus on comifornia for a second.

If I carry my 357 on my person without a permit I go to jail for a long time.
    My second amendment (federal) should trump all state laws, how is that legal?
    so yeah fook libtards

all they spout is "ban all guns" ... how about some options?

Show me ONE democratic country where "all guns" are banned. Just one.

Even in Britain, the most gun-phobic country on the planet, it is permissible for citizens to own and use firearms.

Americans are the most fearless enemies of straw men in history. Still, it beats engaging in a rational debate, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Madd Finn wrote: »
    Show me ONE democratic country where "all guns" are banned. Just one.

Even in Britain, the most gun-phobic country on the planet, it is permissible for citizens to own and use firearms.

Americans are the most fearless enemies of straw men in history. Still, it beats engaging in a rational debate, eh?

I don't know many at all are saying to ban all guns, but the fact is the availability of guns in the US is a huge part of why their murder rate is about seven times as high as ours.

One problem that US gun owners face on the PR front though is that whether members or not, they don't seem to speak out an awful lot against the terrorist-advocating group that claims to represent them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Billy86 wrote: »
    I don't know many at all are saying to ban all guns, but the fact is the availability of guns in the US is a huge part of why their murder rate is about seven times as high as ours.

One problem that US gun owners face on the PR front though is that whether members or not, they don't seem to speak out an awful lot against the terrorist-advocating group that claims to represent them.

While the vast majority of US gun owners aren't members of the NRA nor do they support all their policies, they do see that the NRA are defending their rights as gun owners. Very few gun owners fancy losing their guns so while not in total agreement with the NRA, they will let them do their thing while they are keeping the gun grabbers away.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    While the vast majority of US gun owners aren't members of the NRA nor do they support all their policies, they do see that the NRA are defending their rights as gun owners. Very few gun owners fancy losing their guns so while not in total agreement with the NRA, they will let them do their thing while they are keeping the gun grabbers away.
    The problem there is for the NRA these days, "their thing" is literally calling for violence against their political enemies. Otherwise known as the definition of terrorism.

And with all the gun problems the US has, it's really not a good look for gun owners to decide it best to side with terrorists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

The problem there is for the NRA these days, "their thing" is literally calling for violence against their political enemies. Otherwise known as the definition of terrorism.

And with all the gun problems the US has, it's really not a good look for gun owners to decide it best to side with terrorists.

That video pissed off a lot of Gun Owners including NRA members. They lost a lot of members over it.

Problem is with the NRA is that on one hand they do a lot of good things for gun owners. They have a lot of resources to aid those who own guns. But their downfall is that some of those running the show are narrow minded ignorant assholes that are effectively undoing any good work the NRA ever did.

They keep sending me stuff to join but I keep ignoring their attempts. Shame as they do offer a lot of good advice but just handle themselves horrendously these days and come off as nothing more than a White Supremacist group.

• Advertisement

Have you watched that NRA advert?

There is absolutely no call to commit acts of terrorism or any sort of violence whatsoever in that NRA advert. It says fight lies with the clenched fist of truth.

You say they are literally calling for violence against their enemies...............they aren't in that video anyway.

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    That video pissed off a lot of Gun Owners including NRA members. They lost a lot of members over it.

I don't know why. I've watched it twice now and I see no call to violence. She says to fight the lies with the clenched fist of truth. That isn't a call to violence. It's a call to tell the truth (granted their version of the truth).

Once again, I'm not a member of the NRA nor do I support all their aims. Just sayin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

But they don't do that. They present such an extreme nutty image of gun owners that they polarise the debate about gun laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

you know how you can tell conservatives are rarely smart people? they think coming up with terms like Comifornia and libtards are really clever uses of language. it should come as little surprise that conservatives frequently score significantly lower on IQ and creativity tests than those who have more left leaning views. where do you think people are smarter on average, California or Alabama?

The rest of your post is okayish but this paragraph is totally terrible. Not only do so-called liberals come up with most of the stupid terms 'microaggression' 'safe-space' 'WOKE' and so on, but the thing about Alaska vs California is particularly weak. And the 'liberals are really smart' statement. Oh man.

Comifornia is a really stupid term though, for sure. California isn't communist. It's a complete basket case, but communist it is not. Libtard is only a slightly better term, but it's pretty shi*t too.

Alaska, gun ownership 61.7%, gun murders in 2010, 19 (2.7 per 100K people)
    California, gun ownership 20.1%, gun murders in 2010, 1297 (3.4 per 100K people)

Just saying.

An interesting question to answer is why Washington DC's gun murder rate is by far the worst in America.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

The rest of your post is okayish but this paragraph is totally terrible. Not only do so-called liberals come up with most of the stupid terms 'microaggression' 'safe-space' 'WOKE' and so on, but the thing about Alaska vs California is particularly weak. And the 'liberals are really smart' statement. Oh man.

Comifornia is a really stupid term though, for sure. California isn't communist. It's a complete basket case, but communist it is not. Libtard is only a slightly better term, but it's pretty shi*t too.

Alaska, gun ownership 61.7%, gun murders in 2010, 19 (2.7 per 100K people)
    California, gun ownership 20.1%, gun murders in 2010, 1297 (3.4 per 100K people)

Just saying.

An interesting question to answer is why Washington DC's gun murder rate is by far the worst in America.

i often wonder why people ignore obvious things
    the reason some areas have more murders is cultural, ethnic and economic .

what to you think the rates of murder is in middle class white people vrs lower class black and Latino people

the alaska cali states reflect that ethnic divide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Thoughts and prayers :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was never brave enough to post "brap brap, pew pew" on a repeal the 8th thread.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    But they don't do that. They present such an extreme nutty image of gun owners that they polarise the debate about gun laws.

Ah but they do defend the interests of gun owners. They really do.

While I agree with you that they often polarise the debate and present a nutty image of gun owners at times, they are quite effective at stopping new laws that impinge on the rights of gun owners. And that's what gun owners want. They want to keep what they already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Have you watched that NRA advert?

There is absolutely no call to commit acts of terrorism or any sort of violence whatsoever in that NRA advert. It says fight lies with the clenched fist of truth.

You say they are literally calling for violence against their enemies...............they aren't in that video anyway.

The NRA advert is set against images of war, street riots and violence. Not an ideal way to promote moderate gun ownership.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    The NRA advert is set against images of war, street riots and violence. Not an ideal way to promote moderate gun ownership.

I think they are showing that it's groups like Antifa and others rioting and not law abiding gun owners. In other words, those riots were by people likely to be anti-gun.

I think they are showing that it's groups like Antifa and others rioting and not law abiding gun owners. In other words, those riots were by people likely to be anti-gun.

Can you please explain the what exactly the "clenched fist of truth" she calls for is supposed to mean?

Given that this is the same woman that claims survivors of a school shooting tried to attack her on stage when that showed to be a complete lie, it's fair to say she's not talking about factual, constructive conversation.

It's just a point blank open call for violence. Nothing more, nothing less.

Can you please explain the what exactly the "clenched fist of truth" she calls for is supposed to mean?

Given that this is the same woman that claims survivors of a school shooting tried to attack her on stage when that showed to be a complete lie, it's fair to say she's not talking about factual, constructive conversation.

It's just a point blank open call for violence. Nothing more, nothing less.

No idea what 'clenched fist' of truth means. Maybe it means sternly countering any lies told by those who want to take away rights from gun owners.

Like I said earlier, I don't agree with all the stuff the NRA do. But aside from all the political stuff, they do a lot of good work when it comes to safety training etc.

No idea what 'clenched fist' of truth means. Maybe it means sternly countering any lies told by those who want to take away rights from gun owners.

Like I said earlier, I don't agree with all the stuff the NRA do. But aside from all the political stuff, they do a lot of good work when it comes to safety training etc.
    Come on now, it's frankly a little comical to be claiming that an ad featuring tonnes of violent imagery trying to depict their political opponents as such, before calling for "the clenched fist of truth" in response is simply asking their members to simply 'ring their arms extra hard in the air while having dishing out constructive criticism'.

It's a call for violence, simple as; fists are incapable of uttering words. "I let my fists do the talking" is a well known euphemism for "I use violence to resolve my problems" or a reason. Telling your supporters that "the only way we save our country and our freedom is to fight this violence of lies with the clenched fist of truth" is no different - that is very specific and intentional wording on their part.

Here's some more of them promoting violence as a means to solve an issue (or they want NRA supporters to go and smash in their own TVs for the hell of it?). This one is just bizarre:

Here's some more of them promoting violence as a means to solve an issue (or they want NRA supporters to go and smash in their own TVs for the hell of it?). This one is just bizarre:

Yep, that's an absolutely dumbass advert.

Advertisement