Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend electric folding scooter for end of commute (Mod Note Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,318 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Lol those look rather cumbersome, are you sure those are Ninebot ?

I'm only familiar with these Ninebot Mono wheels, check out the video near the end where he has 2 kids, one on each shoulder, mad !

I think these are far better but accidents can still happen.

Watch out for the mono wheel. :D

Another mono wheel, not sure if it's a nine bot but I still don;t think these are safe, I remember hearing about a 15 year old boy in London on a hoverboard who fell out under a buss and was killed.

One wheel is more craic
    https://onewheel.com

They're all craic until you split yourself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭insular1

I was thinking of getting an M365 to travel the lane between my house and my parents. It's a little over 500meters but as it is used by cows at times it can be a bit rough. Would the M365 handle a rough lane like this or would there be better options? It's a private lane so wouldn't have to worry about the legal side of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

SNIP

seen the mods on youtube but wondering where you sourced the parts.

SNIP

I ordered the mods from curiousjoe.something

The hook, probably there too, but not sure.
    insular1 wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting an M365 to travel the lane between my house and my parents. It's a little over 500meters but as it is used by cows at times it can be a bit rough. Would the M365 handle a rough lane like this or would there be better options? It's a private lane so wouldn't have to worry about the legal side of it.

Mine has handled quite well on bumpy grass, dirt road and scattered gravel. You would definitely need the mods to prevent fast wear of the folding mechanism and the brake light wire if travelling on a bumpy surface.

If you are only using the scooter in that laneway and nowhere else, maybe a scooter with bigger wheels/tyres would be better. If you think you might use it elsewhere, the M365 is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Got my xiaomi last Friday. Great fun. Haven't taken it on any major journeys but have been to the shops and back etc. Ordered it from amazon.es to addresspal in the UK and then onwards to ireland. Came in about €415 delivered to my house. Was looking at Chinese sites but glad I found amazon in the end because of the warranty etc. Xiaomi also have a shop in Barcelona, I think that's where it shipped from. You could buy it in person and ride it back 🙂

• Advertisement

Where do ye ride them , on the road, paths etc ? How do people react to them ?

Ride it on quiet residential roads or in the cycle lane on busier roads. Also jump off and wheel it or else scoot manually if I'm in a busy, built up area. Doesn't seem to bother people really, most seem intrigued by it. You basically don't be a dick and follow your instinct

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Got my xiaomi last Friday. Great fun. Haven't taken it on any major journeys but have been to the shops and back etc. Ordered it from amazon.es to addresspal in the UK and then onwards to ireland. Came in about €415 delivered to my house. Was looking at Chinese sites but glad I found amazon in the end because of the warranty etc. Xiaomi also have a shop in Barcelona, I think that's where it shipped from. You could buy it in person and ride it back ��

What about charging, does it come with a set of plugs?

What about charging, does it come with a set of plugs?

It comes with an eu plug on the charger but you can get an adaptor in the two euro shop or dealz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Got my xiaomi last Friday. Great fun. Haven't taken it on any major journeys but have been to the shops and back etc. Ordered it from amazon.es to addresspal in the UK and then onwards to ireland. Came in about €415 delivered to my house. Was looking at Chinese sites but glad I found amazon in the end because of the warranty etc. Xiaomi also have a shop in Barcelona, I think that's where it shipped from. You could buy it in person and ride it back ��

Was thinking about one of these, then I seen one this morning and they look a good job. Someone was on the road just at the back of Aviva stadium.

Looked a decent job for end of commute.....

I also seen a guy in cabinteely on one of those Ninebot one things.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It comes with an eu plug on the charger but you can get an adaptor in the two euro shop or dealz

I'll annoy you again griffdaddy. That obviously fits as an oversize package? Feckers on .es want 70 euro extra for the black.

I'll annoy you again griffdaddy. That obviously fits as an oversize package? Feckers on .es want 70 euro extra for the black.

That's mental that they're charging more for the black, that wasn't the case when I ordered! It's still the same price on the xiaomi Spain site, I wonder if they deliver to the UK?

Yeah it comes in as an oversized packet for 12euro. You have to have it delivered to your home addresspal address, not your post office addresspal address, there's a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

How come? THey won't ship from ES to UK nor Ireland... :(

grogi wrote: »
    How come? THey won't ship from ES to UK nor Ireland... :(

I just added it to my basket there and checked again, there are no issues with it shipping to addresspal? I'm assuming you're not trying parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I just added it to my basket there and checked again, there are no issues with it shipping to addresspal? I'm assuming you're not trying parcel motel?

No, address pal. I might be trying a different item then :D

Could you share the link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

It says the product is available exclusively for Prime customer at the €379 price...?

" Exclusivo para clientes Prime
    Este producto tiene el precio de EUR 379,00 y está disponible en exclusiva para clientes Prime"

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Got my xiaomi last Friday. Great fun. Haven't taken it on any major journeys but have been to the shops and back etc. Ordered it from amazon.es to addresspal in the UK and then onwards to ireland. Came in about €415 delivered to my house. Was looking at Chinese sites but glad I found amazon in the end because of the warranty etc. Xiaomi also have a shop in Barcelona, I think that's where it shipped from. You could buy it in person and ride it back 🙂

Did you order the spare tires just in case?
    Or are they available here or in Uk? Heard the stock tires go off soon, and many people opting for the solid ones.

peaceboi wrote: »
    Did you order the spare tires just in case?
    Or are they available here or in Uk? Heard the stock tires go off soon, and many people opting for the solid ones.

It comes with two spare tyres. The included ones do look like they'll wear pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Quite interested in picking one of these up, but not sure the best place online to do so. Ive seen few places mentioned on this thread (Gearbest, Amazon.es & LightInTheBox) but all seem to have significantly varying prices.

Gearbest seem to have flash sales every so often, but wouldn't be sure on approx. cost of customs. LightInBox seem to only offer delivery at €100 plus €40 delivery insurance, which makes cost €575 or so. Amazon have good price (379) but only have the white one available, and not so sure on that colour. Any advice from buyers on here with who to go with? Also I assume customs cost on it would be circa 80-100 euro?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭listermint

bigslick wrote: »
    Quite interested in picking one of these up, but not sure the best place online to do so. Ive seen few places mentioned on this thread (Gearbest, Amazon.es & LightInTheBox) but all seem to have significantly varying prices.

Gearbest seem to have flash sales every so often, but wouldn't be sure on approx. cost of customs. LightInBox seem to only offer delivery at €100 plus €40 delivery insurance, which makes cost €575 or so. Amazon have good price (379) but only have the white one available, and not so sure on that colour. Any advice from buyers on here with who to go with? Also I assume customs cost on it would be circa 80-100 euro?

Thanks

Buy from Amazon their returns policy is solid.

Tbh if you don't like the coloir funk it up with spray paint. Can do anything you want to it

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Sold out now, bollocks🀔
    Anyone have experience ordering from lightinthebox? It says fulfilled by their European warehouse, Not sure if that means no customs duty 🀔

The black one is available for the original price of 380

The black one is available for the original price of 380

Urggghhh sold out now. That was fast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

peaceboi wrote: »
    Sold out now, bollocks��
    Anyone have experience ordering from lightinthebox? It says fulfilled by their European warehouse, Not sure if that means no customs duty ��

I have used lightinthebox. You can buy insurance for small money and if you get charged customs, then it is paid back to you. If it is coming from their european warehouse there should be no customs due.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 37 davidod2012

I have used lightinthebox. You can buy insurance for small money and if you get charged customs, then it is paid back to you. If it is coming from their european warehouse there should be no customs due.
    I bought one this week off Lightinthebox.com and they mysteriously cancelled my order but they took my money. I have been informed that I will get a full refund but they have provided no explanation as to why my order was cancelled. Their website also states that credit card refunds take from 7-45 days to refund.....45days!!

Has anyone found a Xiaomi M365 anywhere other than Amazon ES? They are available now but only in white for 380euro, I’m about to pull the trigger on it but would love the black one for around the same price.

Many thanks in advance.

I got one off amazon.es and must admit it was plain sailing, so I would advise waiting it out and using them . Main reason being you can trust delivery and, being amazon, their customer service is excellent when required. Not to mention the solid two year warranty it comes with.

I would recommend using keepa.com to keep a track of the amazon listing (when it reappears) as it will notify you via email or browser once the price has dropped to the €380 or so level. I did this and worked a charm.

Have had my M365 for about two weeks now and coming up on 100km in total and loving it so far! Let me know if youve any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 davidod2012

I got one off amazon.es and must admit it was plain sailing, so I would advise waiting it out and using them . Main reason being you can trust delivery and, being amazon, their customer service is excellent when required. Not to mention the solid two year warranty it comes with.

I would recommend using keepa.com to keep a track of the amazon listing (when it reappears) as it will notify you via email or browser once the price has dropped to the €380 or so level. I did this and worked a charm.

Have had my M365 for about two weeks now and coming up on 100km in total and loving it so far! Let me know if youve any questions.

Many thanks. Since posting originally I checked the amazon.es and they had relisted the black Xiaomi M365 in black for pre order 22nd Sept for €379.99 got it shipped to the address pal for another €20 so €400 isn't bad.

Thanks for your reply.

Don't update to firmware 1.4.1 on this, it limits the top speed by about 5km. You can also cook up your own custom firmware to remove restrictions etc. but I haven't gone down that road yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Does it come with a UK plug adaptor or does it just use an EU one?

Advertisement