Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rage 2 (confirmed)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Incredibly well made trailer tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Nailed on day one purchase for me.

Only concern is that I will forget I have those all powers and use the same ones over and over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

No-one playing this yet? Picking it up later from GS

sweetie wrote: »
    No-one playing this yet? Picking it up later from GS

??

It's not out until Tuesday

• Advertisement

Review Embargo Lifts Monday Morning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

??

It's not out until Tuesday

ah, i assumed it was out today, my bad!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sweetie wrote: »
    ah, i assumed it was out today, my bad!

hhaha you got my hopes up there!

7l3lognt4fx21.png

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I'm alright with road maps in actual live service games, but in strictly single player experiences I'm not so keen.

Expansions are fine, but this drip feed of skins here and there and vehicles isn't much use to me for the most part when the majority of them won't arrive until I'm long done with the main campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,833 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I appreciate that road map. Means I don't have to buy the Season Pass until August, and I'll surely know by then if it'll be worth it.

I appreciate that road map. Means I don't have to buy the Season Pass until August, and I'll surely know by then if it'll be worth it.

Not sure I follow. Even had I not known the exact month the proper expansions were releasing, I still wouldn't have bought the season pass till I'd finished the game and decided if I want more. You still would have had that time to decide anyway regardless of whether it's all laid out neatly on a road map.

It's more that it gives me ample time to try it, and I'll know by August if I want the Season Pass. It also seems like they will be properly supporting it for a while afterwards, whereas a lot of Season Passes these days say 'Future DLC' but don't detail it. Bethesda are on the right track detailing exactly what it'll involve. Granted, some may say they are bits that could have been taken from the main game, but I don't think that's the case with this. Open to correction though!

It's more that it gives me ample time to try it, and I'll know by August if I want the Season Pass. It also seems like they will be properly supporting it for a while afterwards, whereas a lot of Season Passes these days say 'Future DLC' but don't detail it. Bethesda are on the right track detailing exactly what it'll involve. Granted, some may say they are bits that could have been taken from the main game, but I don't think that's the case with this. Open to correction though!

I'm with you now, fair point.

Yeah I agree, from what I've seen it doesn't seem like content was stripped from the main game, the game looks substantial enough from the previews I've watched and read.

Looking forward to getting stuck in on Tuesday, I had intended on playing the first game through again this weekend but I really want to finish Days Gone before Rage 2, as I suspect once I drop Days Gone for Rage I won't bother going back to it!

Yeah, I haven't picked up Days Gone because there are other games coming out that I prefer. I'll pick it up eventually, if only to see if it deserved to knock God of War off the sales charts for first week sales. *shakes fist*

Reviews out @ 1pm

Usgamer – 4/5
    Gamespot – 6
    IGN – 8
    Game Informer – 7
    GamesRadar+ – 3/5
    Shacknews – 5
    Destructoid – 8

Reviews looking to be just about where I expected them to be.

Still really excited for this, the gunplay looks fantastic. It's just a shame the open world seems to fall flat yet again, as the world being somewhat lifeless was the biggest flaw first time round. I was sort of expecting it given the Avalanche involvement; their open world never really feel fully alive, they are more a backdrop for the craziness the player can conjure up via the loopy physics and gadgets they put in the hands of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lots of reviews will be late as Bethesda gave out review code very late as they always do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Fun combat and gunplay with a short open world is what I would have been looking for from this, so sounds good. Too many big open world games which just use 'big' as a positive. Not expecting a masterpiece or anything but the combat and vehicles getting high praise is a big plus. The 'lifeless' open world can vary in liking for some though definitely, I personally like the more desolate atmosphere in a lot of these games.

Hype!

ACG says it's a buy which is enough for me. Though I am worried with how short some outlets are saying it is. I don't like a game dragging on, but by the same time this sounds like it's perhaps worryingly short.

goon_magee wrote: »
    ACG says it's a buy which is enough for me. Though I am worried with how short some outlets are saying it is. I don't like a game dragging on, but by the same time this sounds like it's perhaps worryingly short.

What's Short? As in hours

What's Short? As in hours

Sounds like the main quest clocks in at around 6 - 7 hours, which if so, is very short IMO. Sure there is side content etc, but the majority of it sounds like filler, and if an open world game is on the short side I like to have substantial side quests to pad things out, not just busywork (though I've no doubt the busywork here will be a blast due to the combat).

One of the articles I was reading (can't remember which), said their playthrough was 10 hours, that included finding every weapon and ability in the game. Weapons and abilities are scattered around the map, you've to go outta your way to go looking for them so it sounds like even with a good bit of digging around off the critical path still leaves things fairly short.

I'm still very much looking forward to it, the game looks great, it's just a pity it's not a bit more substantial by the sounds of things.

I'm ok with that. I completed rage 1 a few times on highest difficulty

I'll do the same here

Short games are a win also, I'm delighted tbh. Avalanche are known for adding annoying filler.

This sounds like it's more iD than Avalanche

Aye, I'm sure it'll be a good playthrough.

Short games are a win if done right, the complaints here seem to be that it's not done right though. Sounds very light on content, 10 story missions with the story ending just as it gets going. Sounds unfinished to be honest and more like a wait for a sale the more I read.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nor too interested in thus but applaud the Devs on making an open world game that sounds like it doesn't outstay it's welcome.

Advertisement