Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survey Done - But not sure how to proceed with negotiations...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pdmc

20k is a big jump in the one bid and then to let it go for €1500 over it, hard to believe alright.
    Feck them say 230k or your walking you'll know if there was a phantom bidder then fairly quickly you.mifnr not want to take the risk though. Tell them the sewerage thing has scared you.
    Honestly after running into sewerage problems budget 5k.
    Is it oil heated, did the survey check out the systems, could drop another 2k on a new burner or more if you decide to upgrade. (God forbid one of the oil pipes is leaking as that's a major problem, you might never live in the house)
    Once your in there and start doing your sums things can really add up, is it well insulated, is that something you need to spend money on.

Yeah, so you'd understand my thinking that this was orchestrated and necessary because every penny of this sale is already spent in the imaginations of the vendors - on the build. We did hear afterwards that the auctioneer has a bit of a reputation...

It has an oil fired range as burner, which was "working well" on the day of inspection. It did seem a dry/warm house when we viewed. Engineer has recommended asking for maintenance records for that and the solar panels on the roof and in lieu of those recommends servicing asap. Vendors had nothing to produce on the day of inspection. I doubt many people would keep records, but usually even just sticker on the burner would be something.

The attic was recently given better insulation, we're told. Engineer didn't criticise this.

20k is a big jump in the one bid and then to let it go for €1500 over it, hard to believe alright.
    Feck them say 230k or your walking you'll know if there was a phantom bidder then fairly quickly you.mifnr not want to take the risk though. Tell them the sewerage thing has scared you.
    Honestly after running into sewerage problems budget 5k.
    Is it oil heated, did the survey check out the systems, could drop another 2k on a new burner or more if you decide to upgrade. (God forbid one of the oil pipes is leaking as that's a major problem, you might never live in the house)
    Once your in there and start doing your sums things can really add up, is it well insulated, is that something you need to spend money on.

€230,000 is exactly what I said to the other half. Failing that - a reduction of €5k is the very least I think they should be facilitating. But - perhaps this was always their plan. No matter, if they'll play ball, I still think the house is worth that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No records, no service, I'd say there's wriggle room there somewhere, we've an auctioneer like that around here, sister called his bluff on two houses. Neither sold to the "other bidder"

No records, no service, I'd say there's wriggle room there somewhere, we've an auctioneer like that around here, sister called his bluff on two houses. Neither sold to the "other bidder"

"Around here" could be interpreted to cover every county on this fair isle. It's absolutely incredible what is going on in this country due to a total lack of regulation and transparency, with Estate Agents inventing bidders, driving up the price on one house so that a domino effect takes hold raising the valuations and asking prices of everything else in the surrounding area.

Advertisement