Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill & Ted Face the Music

Options
  • 09-05-2018 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭

It's Happening!

No Way!

Excellent!

Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter Reteaming for 'Bill & Ted 3'
    'Bill & Ted Face the Music,' which is being shopped in Cannes, is actually happening, some 29 years after the duo's first excellent adventure.
    It's official: Wyld Stallyns are reforming.

Following 1989's Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure and 1991's Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, The Hollywood Reporter can reveal that a much-discussed third Bill & Ted installment — Bill & Ted Face the Music — is now firmly in the works some 27 years later. Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter are set to reprise their iconic roles as time-traveling metalheads Ted "Theodore" Logan and Bill S. Preston Esq., respectively.

Original creators Chris Matheson (Imagine That) and Ed Solomon (Men in Black, Mosaic, Now You See Me) have penned the script, with Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest, Red 2, Fun With Dick and Jane) confirmed to direct. Scott Kroopf (Limitless) will produce together with Alex Lebovici and Steve Ponce of Hammerstone Studios, with Steven Soderbergh serving as an executive producer alongside Scott Fischer, John Ryan Jr. and John Santilli.

MGM owns the rights to the film and will release it in the U.S. under its Orion Pictures banner. Bloom is handling international sales, which commenced in Cannes, where the project is likely to be one of the buzziest films in the market. Endeavor Content negotiated the deal.

Currently in preproduction, Bill & Ted Face the Music will see the duo long past their days as time-traveling teenagers and now weighed down by middle age and the responsibilities of family. They’ve written thousands of tunes, but they have yet to write a good one, much less the greatest song ever written. With the fabric of time and space tearing around them, a visitor from the future warns our heroes that only their song can save life as we know it. Out of luck and fresh out of inspiration, Bill and Ted set out on a time travel adventure to seek the song that will set their world right and bring harmony in the universe. Together with the aid of their daughters, a new crop of historical figures and some sympathetic music legends, they find much, much more than just a song.

“We couldn't be more excited to get the whole band back together again," Reeves and Winter said in a statement. "Chris and Ed wrote an amazing script, and with Dean at the helm we've got a dream team!"

Said Bloom's Alex Walton: “Fans of Bill and Ted have been waiting for Reeves and Winter to reunite since their last Bogus Journey in 1991. This is excellent!”

Solomon and Matheson reportedly began working on a script in 2010, with both Reeves and Winter indicating in various interviews over the years that they were interested in making the film happen.

In 2017, Reeves told BBC talk show host Graham Norton that the film had been written and the story would see the duo "supposed to write a song to save the world and they haven’t done that. The pressure of having to save the world, their marriages are falling apart, their kids are kind of mad at them, and then someone comes from the future and tells them if they don’t write the song it’s just not the world, it’s the universe."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/cannes-keanu-reeves-alex-winter-reteaming-bill-ted-3-1107419

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Will believe it when I see a trailer. Still good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I cannot f*cking wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Whoa! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bogus! Middled aged Bill and Ted will be part of the humour I expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

There is no spoon

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

I can't wait for this! I wonder will they still be with 'the babes'?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I love Bill and Ted. Sounds promising but I'm not sure I want to see them old! :/:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I watched the first one recently for the first time in probably at least 15 years as it was on tv. I was somewhat apprehensive about it but it is still a huge amount of fun. This could be good, one would have to assume it will involve their kids in some way.

I watched the first one recently for the first time in probably at least 15 years as it was on tv. I was somewhat apprehensive about it but it is still a huge amount of fun. This could be good, one would have to assume it will involve their kids in some way.

A daughter or daughters will accompany them on their time hopping adventures. Cannot wait to see this, I regularly rewatch parts of both films and they stand up really well.

• Advertisement

A daughter or daughters will accompany them on their time hopping adventures. Cannot wait to see this, I regularly rewatch parts of both films and they stand up really well.

The daughters might replace The Babes in a way but a father and daughter role instead.

I have to watch these again. It's years since I've seen them. Was the Grim Reaper part of the Wyld Stallyns band?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lorelli! wrote: »
    The daughters might replace The Babes in a way but a father and daughter role instead.

I have to watch these again. It's years since I've seen them. Was the Grim Reaper part of the Wyld Stallyns band?

Yep.

"You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance vith the reaper"

:pac:

Yep.

"You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance vith the reaper"

:pac:

Get down with your bad self :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

bt1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

With no Rufus. There is no Bill and Ted

ballyargus wrote: »

Actually a good point - my hope would be that he is left out rather than replaced, it just wouldn't be the same

Having thought about it for all of two seconds the obvious solution is to have death be their guide/mentor

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Filming starts on January 10, 2019.

Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest) will direct.

William Sadlier will return as Death.
    Bill & Ted 3 is finally happening and the studio isn't messing around. We only recently learned during the Cannes Film Festival that a deal had finally been closed in order to get the long-awaited sequel officially going. Now, it appears as though the creative team is wasting no time as, according to a new report, filming on Bill and Ted 3 is set to commence on January 10, 2019.

It isn't clear just yet where production will take place, but Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter are gearing up to return as the iconic duo in a mere six months. Considering it's been the better part of three decades since we last saw them in Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, that's hardly going to be a difficult wait for fans of the franchise. Ed Solomon and Chris Matheson, writers of the original movies, have returned to pen the screenplay for the sequel, officially titled Bill and Ted Face the Music, which has been trapped in development hell for quite some time. That's over with. Unless something unforeseen gets in the way, this is really happening.

In Bill and Ted Face the Music, middle age and the responsibilities of family have caught up with our two heroes who have not yet fulfilled their destiny of saving the universe with rock and roll. They've written thousands of tunes, but they have yet to write a good one, much less the greatest song ever written. Things change when the fabric of time and space begins tearing around them and a visitor from the future warns Bill and Ted that only their song can save life as we know it. So they set out on a time travel adventure to find the song capable of saving their world and balancing the universe. The two are also going to get some help from their daughters this time around.

Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest) is set to direct Bill and Ted 3. We also previously reported that William Sadler is likely to reprise his role as Death, but that hasn't been finalized by the studio just yet. The movie also doesn't currently have a release date, but with filming set to begin in January, it's not hard to imagine that it could come out in late 2019 or early 2020.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, released in 1989 and 1991 respectively, were not big hits at the box office but they have managed to remain in the public consciousness for all these years. It's that lack of proven financial viability that, in part, helped roadblock this movie for so long. But that time is over. Now comes the time to impatiently await the first surely excellent set photos and to ponder which historical figures they may encounter on their journey this time around.

https://movieweb.com/bill-ted-3-production-start-date-january-2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hope we get a little nod to Rufus (George Carlin)..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Good choice of director there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Coming next year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I really shouldn't be excited but there is something infectiously good about Bill and Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Shouldn't Keanu have said Most Excellent?

Shouldn't Keanu have said Most Excellent?

Was a bit low key , should have been in character but it is most excellent

I really shouldn't be excited but there is something excellent about Bill and Ted.

Fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

MenacingSmallBillygoat-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Alex got old.... yikes. :)
    Keanu is ageless....

No George Carlin though. RIP.

ballyargus wrote: »

i think something happening to rufus could be part of the story

death is coming back and rufus will be part of the story

tenor.gif

https://twitter.com/BillandTed3/status/1110213725175332864

peteeeed wrote: »
    death is coming back and rufus will be part of the story

tenor.gif

https://twitter.com/BillandTed3/status/1110213725175332864

Glad they haven't recast, would've have sunk the film before it started - if Rufus is involved then maybe they have to solve his murder or something like that? Could allow for some of the emotional scenes mentioned above?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 buser2x

ok, dumb movie,,,,but I loved it, be interesting to see how they play them as older

Advertisement