Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

mrcheez wrote: »
    Nice! I might swap my monthly Shudder for €4.99 for Prime Video for €5.99 as, while Shudder is great, Prime Video would have far more horror

Just on the Prime Video thing... does signing up for this give you Prime on Amazon UK too (free delivery etc) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

mrcheez wrote:
    Just on the Prime Video thing... does signing up for this give you Prime on Amazon UK too (free delivery etc) ?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

There's a donate for dementia in honour of Jack Charlton.

Text "memory" to 50300. 4 euro donation

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Cheers to the people letting us know we can now pay for Disney+. Very handy to have.. especially considering my credit just goes to waste as I always forget to top up again until my internet stops working (after they charged me a ridiculous fee for a few megabytes) so it feels like I'm getting Disney+ for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Anyone have any good places to use 3 credit? I know only of epicgames, youtube and google play store.. any other places /websites we could buy stuff with credit?

Look at my posts on the previous page regarding Dundle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭manualskeleton

Seconding Dundle here. I got it to work. It's expensive, but better than the credit going to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 justtrying312

Thanks for the responses guys, for dundle must I call the number and just let the phone stay on the line for 10 minutes or what ever? much appreciated guys. ta

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭manualskeleton

Thanks for the responses guys, for dundle must I call the number and just let the phone stay on the line for 10 minutes or what ever? much appreciated guys. ta

Kinda yeah, I'm not sure it was ever exactly that long for me. On one of the calls, it rang me back and I had to answer it for another few mins. Probably due to the amount I was trying to process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

I have a 3 sim in a 4g router, is it possible to use the credit on that sim without taking sim out of the router?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

timple23 wrote: »
    I have a 3 sim in a 4g router, is it possible to use the credit on that sim without taking sim out of the router?

No i don't think so. I'm in the same position and can't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Depends what you want to spend it on....SMS can be sent if the router interface has a texting option...although it would probably be just as easy to use webtext in my3.

Calls can be made if the router has a working phone port with a standard landline handset plugged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Depends what you want to spend it on

I want to use it on stuff available on the play store, like Disney+ etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

No i don't think so. I'm in the same position and can't

I used to have the setup and I setup the payment in my phone on the play store (android) and I was able to keep using it even when I put it back in the router

I used to have the setup and I setup the payment in my phone on the play store (android) and I was able to keep using it even when I put it back in the router

Oh very good, I only use my credit for Coingate & Laura Lynn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Just a heads up on the dundle Amazon vouchers.

I've used dundle twice now for Amazon vouchers the first time for Amazon Germany for two €15 vouchers, and recently for Amazon UK for a £20 voucher.

It says it charges 171 percent of the voucher cost making the call but it is way more than this.

I am on the three Ireland network and for the €30 Germany voucher it ended up costing around €69 worth of credit.

For the £20 UK Amazon voucher costing me closer to €44 of credit.

While I'm happy that I got something out of my credit it is way overpriced for what it is, and I honestly don't think I'd use it again I'd rather give my money to one of the charity text numbers on likecharity.

Also a heads up for the UK Amazon vouchers they ask you to submit an id to prove who you are are to me this feels sketchy as f***. Tried using my student ID but wouldn't accept it and in the end had to scan my drivers licence which I'm honestly not happy about otherwise I would have lost the money I put into the phone calls.

Reason why I went ahead and did scan it was the trustpilot reviews for dundle and for the company that handles the ID verification but I don't think I do it again or recommend anyone else does as it's just not worth the long phone calls and the overpriced vouchers in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

BTW, you can pay for a Discovery+ subscription (€5.99 at the moment) using phone credit on Three through Google play store.

Only annoying problem is that I can't get the discovery plus app on any smart TV in Ireland at the moment so have to cast it from my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Access wrote: »
    BTW, you can pay for a Discovery+ subscription (€5.99 at the moment) using phone credit on Three through Google play store.

Only annoying problem is that I can't get the discovery plus app on any smart TV in Ireland at the moment so have to cast it from my phone.

You can probably watch it via a Firestick or similar?

Disney+ has National Geographic so that can scratch that itch, as well as all the Star content, might be worth considering as well

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Access wrote: »
    Just a heads up on the dundle Amazon vouchers.

I've used dundle twice now for Amazon vouchers the first time for Amazon Germany for two €15 vouchers, and recently for Amazon UK for a £20 voucher.

It says it charges 171 percent of the voucher cost making the call but it is way more than this.

I am on the three Ireland network and for the €30 Germany voucher it ended up costing around €69 worth of credit.

For the £20 UK Amazon voucher costing me closer to €44 of credit.

While I'm happy that I got something out of my credit it is way overpriced for what it is, and I honestly don't think I'd use it again I'd rather give my money to one of the charity text numbers on likecharity.
    hey ask
    Also a heads up for the UK Amazon vouchers t you to submit an id to prove who you are are to me this feels sketchy as f***. Tried using my student ID but wouldn't accept it and in the end had to scan my drivers licence which I'm honestly not happy about otherwise I would have lost the money I put into the phone calls.

Reason why I went ahead and did scan it was the trustpilot reviews for dundle and for the company that handles the ID verification but I don't think I do it again or recommend anyone else does as it's just not worth the long phone calls and the overpriced vouchers in the end.

I got around this & I can't remember how. I think they sent a text to my phone. Yes it is expensive but better than nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Hi guys. I have enabled the 3 billing on Google Play on my phone just now. I have €40 worth of unused mobile broadband credit left on one number.

Is that credit allowed to be spent on Google Play? TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

I've used my Vodafone credit on application with monthly subscriptions, but this week when payment has been due, it has failed and Vodafone is showing as unavailable?

Any idea how to fix? Or is it onto Vodafone to see if they know?

Thanks W

• Advertisement

I've used my Vodafone credit on application with monthly subscriptions, but this week when payment has been due, it has failed and Vodafone is showing as unavailable?

Any idea how to fix? Or is it onto Vodafone to see if they know?

Thanks W

I had this problem before, where I didn't have enough credit

Solution is to remove Vodafone billing as a payment option and then re enable it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hi guys. I have enabled the 3 billing on Google Play on my phone just now. I have €40 worth of unused mobile broadband credit left on one number.

Is that credit allowed to be spent on Google Play? TIA.

I know this is weeks later and cannot believe nobody replied since your post but yes you can use the credit on Google play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I know this is weeks later and cannot believe nobody replied since your post but yes you can use the credit on Google play.

thanks was looking for this info...so i can purchase paid apps as well using the credit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

thanks was looking for this info...so i can purchase paid apps as well using the credit ?

Yes and books on google books or movies on google movies.

Raoul wrote: »
    Yes and books on google books or movies on google movies.

great so i just pay using vodafone on play store ? never done it so asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

great so i just pay using vodafone on play store ? never done it so asking.

I'm with 3 but all I do is click pay and there is an option there to use carrier billing and I just click that.

Raoul wrote: »
    I'm with 3 but all I do is click pay and there is an option there to use carrier billing and I just click that.

Thanks trying vodafone but dont see any carrier option on my play store..do i need to install any app?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Thanks trying vodafone but dont see any carrier option on my play store..do i need to install any app?

No app needed.

You buy something and use carrier billing to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

You might need to go into your Google account from your phone as set carrier billing up as a payment method, but carrier billing on Vodafone can be hit and miss - sometimes it just isn't available as an option for a short period.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    No app needed.

You buy something and use carrier billing to pay for it.

Ok strange not given that option on google play...only things i see is credit card/paypal/others !

Advertisement