Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

go4it wrote: »
    le: maybe someone knows a way to 'buy' voucher codes that can be applied at more expensive services, to bring the overall/yearly price down, under 30e, so we can buy it with phone credit...
    Personally i don't mind to pay 30% extra, to cover the seller's expense with play store revenue..

You can buy Play Store vouchers for €10, €20 etc and use them to bring down the balance of what you have to pay to within your MNO's limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

Interesting... Could one use phone credit to get channels or just the EPG?

if a provider provides it, you should be able to get free to air channels. google takes 30% so it would be be way more expensive and very few people would want it (probably just ireland) so they will probably be 3-4x the normal price. and its only FTA channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Can someone remind me, how do I add Three as a payment type on an account? I don't see it under "Payment methods" when I login to Play Store with a different account to my main one.

I want to sign up to YouTube Premium, but I want to use a different Google account than the one I currently use with my Three credit, as it is an account I've always used with YouTube.

Is it possible to have 2 Google accounts using the same Three payment method?

Also does anyone know if signing up to YouTube via a VPN (to India say) will result in monthly charges less than €11.99 on my credit specifically ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Personally I donate to Laura Lynn then I do the following

Every two months I need 35€ in credit to buy ethereum from coingate (about 15€)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭thebo

I'm surprised people are paying for YouTube premium as there is a free app called YouTube Vanced that does most features of premium. Adfree, Background play, pip a so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

thebo wrote: »
    I'm surprised people are paying for YouTube premium as there is a free app called YouTube Vanced that does most features of premium. Adfree, Background play, pip a so on.

Does it have screen in screen display?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Personally I donate to Laura Lynn then I do the following

Every two months I need 35€ in credit to buy ethereum from coingate (about 15€)

Do you have any more info on Coingate and how it works? I see mixed reviews online. Can I transfer to my own wallet or preferred exchange?

Are you using the app or website?

Does that work on FireTV too? That's mainly where I watch YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Do you have any more info on Coingate and how it works? I see mixed reviews online. Can I transfer to my own wallet or preferred exchange?

Are you using the app or website?
    https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2057869861&query=coingate

Everytime it was mentioned on this thread, not that many.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

im using it for music instead of spotify.
    youtube premium is a benefit (although admittedly i do use it a lot).
    google have also issued a statement a few months ago they will start banning accounts which are "Not Commercially Viable" and i use my main account on my phone and between most devices for email etc so i don't want it banned when the banhammer comes down.
    Announcement was Last October i believe.
    i reckon a year after the announcement risk starts, but as they can keep selling your data related to other services i guess risk is low, i still don't see a reason + as i mentioned i use the music anyway.
    they are android. a lot of their services are built in and they probably have way more access to see processes etc on your phone than anyone, and god only knows what you have agreed to in signup. i doubt it is hard for them to see you are using vanced, as much as any modder claims otherwise.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    I use the €20 on Deezer, Shudder and apps/movies form play store.

Just discovered Deezer is available on Alexa now!

That was the only thing keeping me with Spotify... excellent I'll go with Deezer and Shudder for my monthly spend now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

are you sure you can still use 3 credit to pay for Deezer? i couldnt see that option. Im on a 3 month free trial with Deezer. See if i use it before paying for it after 3 months.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

are you sure you can still use 3 credit to pay for Deezer? i couldnt see that option. Im on a 3 month free trial with Deezer. See if i use it before paying for it after 3 months.

You can't pay for Deezer anymore with credit.

gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Can you still sign up to Deezer with credit?

RossieMan wrote: »
    Can you still sign up to Deezer with credit?

Literally 2 posts above yours....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Do you mean a new deezer subscription or does that effect people like me who have been paying deezer subscription for a couple of years now with 3 credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Literally 2 posts above yours....

Boards on the phone really being a bitch lately I find. Had updated posts 2 second early and those never showed up.

It doesn't affect existing subs, but you stop it you can't get it back.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Do you mean a new deezer subscription or does that effect people like me who have been paying deezer subscription for a couple of years now with 3 credit?

Like Rossieman said, existing subs are not affected. I was paying it with credit for a while until one month I was 50c short on credit and it cancelled. I was heartbroken 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Like Rossieman said, existing subs are not affected. I was paying it with credit for a while until one month I was 50c short on credit and it cancelled. I was heartbroken 😣

Did you go to any alternative or not bother? I'm worried about doing the same so might just switch now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bitent

Can anyone tell me how to get Bitcoin from calling a premium number that I saw mentioned here a while back?.
    What is the site and also how much credit for bitcoin value are you likely to get?.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

bitent wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how to get Bitcoin from calling a premium number that I saw mentioned here a while back?.
    What is the site and also how much credit for bitcoin value are you likely to get?.
    Thanks

This is from memory but I think the original poster said if you have €20 credit you would get €10 worth of BTC which is nothing. Roughly one thousandth of a bitcoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

bitent wrote: »
    Thanks
    https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2057869861&query=coingate

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Western Lowland Gorilla

Struggling to see how I can pay for office 365 with Vodafone credit.

I already had it, so maybe it needs to be a totally new account?

Struggling to see how I can pay for office 365 with Vodafone credit.

I already had it, so maybe it needs to be a totally new account?

It's the OneDrive app that you subscribe to, and then that gives you access to the full Office 365

Probably a stupid question but I've been streaming music for years and haven't downloaded an MP3 since Pirate Bay was still around.

I've just recently purchased some swimming headphones that have built in storage for MP3s rather than Bluetooth.

Can I buy MP3s on Google Music using my credit that is DRM-free, download it, then upload to my headphones?

mrcheez wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but I've been streaming music for years and haven't downloaded an MP3 since Pirate Bay was still around.

I've just recently purchased some swimming headphones that have built in storage for MP3s rather than Bluetooth.

Can I buy MP3s on Google Music using my credit that is DRM-free, download it, then upload to my headphones?

Doubt it, can you Bluetooth to the headphones from your phone and play it that way?

There might be a way. There's an app available for Samsung devices that allows you to put Google Play Music playlists directly onto a Samsung watch for use while running. Same basic principle.

Doubt it, can you Bluetooth to the headphones from your phone and play it that way?

Nope. Bluetooth doesn't work underwater hence why they have to have built-in storage.
    Basil3 wrote: »
    There might be a way. There's an app available for Samsung devices that allows you to put Google Play Music playlists directly onto a Samsung watch for use while running. Same basic principle.

Transferring music to the headphones is literally just drag and drop via File Explorer.

So no real way of getting MP3s using my credit? I think there's some websites you can generate MP3s from YouTube, but would be nice to do it without much faffing about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Nope. Bluetooth doesn't work underwater hence why they have to have built-in storage.

Transferring music to the headphones is literally just drag and drop via File Explorer.

So no real way of getting MP3s using my credit? I think there's some websites you can generate MP3s from YouTube, but would be nice to do it without much faffing about.

Yiu should be able to purchase via phone and then sign in online to Google play store and go to music and download

Advertisement