Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 38 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

Mahrez and Lingard to Zaha and Arnautovic. Have a 30 point lead a the top so hoping to get there. Gonna be a long 90 minutes or so wondering what second place has done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Worth -4 to reace DDG or Smalling?
    If you have noone to replace them, it could be worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Is there any news on David Silva being back for the game today?

A lad on the blue moon forum said he is back in the country . He seems to be ITK about Silva. If you go into that forum and look at the david Silva thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Looking at going full Mr P !

Do we think DDG, Cedric, Jesus is worth a minus 8 to Romero, TAA & Firminho/PEA.

Eriksen or Zaha for another minus 4

27 pts behind leader safe in 3rd cant be caught so willing to take chances and go down in flames

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Pighead wrote: »
    I was about to transfer out Sane. Surely he is a huge rotation risk having not been rested over the last three matches?

I'm basing it on the idea that Pep goes full strength for 100 points in the league tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Pighead wrote: »
    Ramsey?

Arsenal's away record though...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Arsenal's away record though...

They'll want to put that right. And Huddersfield could very well still be drunk after their survival celebrations

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Backup GK is Elliot who won't play. Backup DF is Yedlin.

Main option to bring in would be Romero/Lloris GK or a Spurs/Utd defender.

I guess if you bring in Romero it's unlikely he'll get more than 6, so you'll gain 2. Similar with Lloris, although I'd fancy Leicester to score.

Trippier or Robertson have good attacking returns, might get you an assist + potential bonus points

kilburn wrote: »

Do we think DDG, Cedric, Jesus is worth a minus 8 to Romero, TAA & Firminho/PEA.

27 pts behind leader safe in 3rd cant be caught so willing to take chances and go down in flames
    Why Jesus out? And for -4?
    I'm wary of Guardiola's sometimes crazy ideas but Jesus to Firmino/Aubam for -4 sounds like a crazy risk to be taken.

Wrote too fast and just saw your situation... Well if you're willing to go all for it, then I'd make (C) the attacker you'd be bringing in. Otherwise, I feel it's a huge risk you don't take fully. I mean 27 pts to catch up. Add 8 for your hits. So Firmino or Aubam would have to get at least a hat-trick to give you a chance, but still you'd be 20 pts behind. So if you go down that route, you have to (C) him and hope Salah or Kane (your opponent probable (C)) fails ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Worth -4 to reace DDG or Smalling?

I have both. I'll have Ryan (good save point potential) and Dunk (sone attackin potential) instead so have decided against the hit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Salah rising twice in 2 days means I'm now 0.1 m short of swapping him back in for Sterling.

Considering a -4 now to get him back. 7 points of League leader who has Salah.

Our teams are almost completely different. I've currently Kane, Jesus and Auba up front so if I go for a -4 I think Jesus for Firmino possibly.

No thoughts on this? Should I leave Salah at this stage?

My other consideration for a -4 is Mahrez, Chilwell -> Zaha/Martial, Moses

If I can get word of Trippier being out then I'll bring in PVA.
    Otherwise it's DDG to Romero as I can't think of anything better to do

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

kilburn wrote: »

Think there may be a decent chance Pereira comes on for Romero at HT if DDG not on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Might just start McCarthy and not bring in Romero as cant see him getting much more than .

McCarthy should get a few save points

Degag wrote: »
    Think there may be a decent chance Pereira comes on for Romero at HT if DDG not on the bench.

Another complication! Just can't see a transfer this week! Is Karius nailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Degag wrote: »

He has already said he is subbing Carrick early
    No way another sub will be used on the keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Another complication! Just can't see a transfer this week! Is Karius nailed?
    Would think so

DDG to Karius done.
    Double Liverpool Defence, but 's one week only!

As per @RobDawsonESPN, No Anthony Martial in the #mufc squad today. Wasn't at The Lowry but spotted at Old Trafford around three hours before kick-off and was driven away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

km79 wrote: »
    As per @RobDawsonESPN, No Anthony Martial in the #mufc squad today. Wasn't at The Lowry but spotted at Old Trafford around three hours before kick-off and was driven away.

Probably the last time he'll be spotted at Old Trafford for months or years

• Advertisement

Salah rising twice in 2 days means I'm now 0.1 m short of swapping him back in for Sterling.

Considering a -4 now to get him back. 7 points of League leader who has Salah.

Our teams are almost completely different. I've currently Kane, Jesus and Auba up front so if I go for a -4 I think Jesus for Firmino possibly.
    No thoughts on this? Should I leave Salah at this stage?

My other consideration for a -4 is Mahrez, Chilwell -> Zaha/Martial, Moses
    Leaving salah is too risky I'd think. If your teams are very different, you'll be 11 pts behind after your -4, and with such a strikeforce you should be able to overcome it.

Now why Jesus out? I see many of you considering it? Did Pep say something? That said, Firmino could be a good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,054 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

km79 wrote: »

Lol.

I'm done.

Kenedy to McArthur

Trippier not in Squad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm getting Dejan Lovren

Hope you carried through on it :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

100% sure. They have nobody else and they have to get a result. Now of course VVD could get a headed goal but milners potential is so much higher. Even if they concede he will still be involved in play further up the pitch and would be a great player to own this week. He may end up with 2 points but its not unrealistic to think he could come out with a goal, assist and cs. Apart from Alonso I can't think of a more exciting def to own.

But Klopp :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I'd have gotten Milner but couldn't afford him in the end. Didn't realise he was 6mil. Very unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'd have gotten Milner but couldn't afford him in the end. Didn't realise he was 6mil. Very unlucky

8 points behind rival in my ML. Unlucky is one word for it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Really sorry about that but there was no talk about injury so couldn't factor that in. He would have played if fit and would have had a great chance of a double digit score

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Benimar wrote: »
    Hope you carried through on it :):)

:D

Robertson had to do ;)

Advertisement