Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 38 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭Cartman78

km79 wrote: »
    He is currently on my bench for the weekend

Same here....I'm actually signing McArthur to keep him on the bench :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,139 ✭✭✭✭km79

CSF wrote: »
    I'm getting fully caught up in the idea that Swansea will be all out chasing goal difference to go down fighting. Of course that doesn't fit with how bad they are, but I also need to downgrade somewhere if I want to bring in Aubameyang.

They had a must win game this week and created the square root of F all
    Can’t describe how bad they were
    And I have 3 of their players

• Registered Users Posts: 32,939 ✭✭✭✭CSF

km79 wrote: »
    They had a must win game this week and created the square root of F all
    Can’t describe how bad they were
    And I have 3 of their players
    I mean you're not wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Any suggestions for a forward under 8.1?

Swapping Willian for Salah and need someone to replace Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

DDG Tadic Austin Smalling Sterling Alonso... GW38 could be very bad for me with rotation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Jesus & Willian to Auba & Zaha for a -4, might even take a -8 yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

stephenl15 wrote: »
    DDG Tadic Austin Smalling Sterling Alonso... GW38 could be very bad for me with rotation.

I’d imagine Tadic and Austin are certain starters. It’s extremely unlikely Swansea can make up a 10 goal deficit, but there is no reason for Southampton to take any chances. They will surely go full strength.

Sterling should start too having missed out last night.

Normally I’d say Alonso is safe as Chelsea have something to play for but after Contes rotation last night (wtf was that all about?!!) who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Yeah I wrote on here calling Conte a liar about rotation but seems he had no qualms about resting Hazard and Moses etc. Who needs that Champions League anyway sure.

My bench is horrible looking for rotation. Might have to use the transfer there and put up with who my first 11 is. Don't feel comfortable taking hits when we've no idea who is going to play. A player somewhere is going to post a huge score. Hope I win that lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

D. Silva - > Zaha.

The D. Silva punt has not gone well at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Icaras wrote:
    Have a free hit, gone for: De Gea Long Cresswell Smalling Salah Arnautovic Sane Zaha Benteke Kane(C) Firmino Subs are all low cost non starters. Any advice?

DDG & Smalling won't play. Rashford & Martial confirmed as starters so I'd get Benteke out of there for Marcus.

I'd also want Van Aanholt on free hit so maybe Smalling out for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Absolutely nothing left to play for, so most likely taking a massive hit. Certainly getting rid of all the flagged players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Icaras wrote: »
    Have a free hit, gone for:
    De Gea
    Long Cresswell Smalling
    Salah Arnautovic Sane Zaha
    Benteke Kane(C) Firmino
    Subs are all low cost non starters. 
    Any advice?

Id go 352 and find the money to get Mane in for Benteke.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭David Della Rocco

Alanhooly wrote: »
    DDG & Smalling won't play. Rashford & Martial confirmed as starters so I'd get Benteke out of there for Marcus.

I'd also want Van Aanholt on free hit so maybe Smalling out for him

Have Martial in my draft team, what's your source!? Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

So, realistically, only Liverpool and Chelsea have anything to play for. Seansea need about 10 goals and Southampton to lose so doubt that’s a goer.

Am I missing anything?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Alanhooly wrote: »
    D. Silva - > Zaha.

The D. Silva punt has not gone well at all.

I find news surrounding whether Silva is playing is trustworthy. Hopefully we will hear he is back in the country. Otherwise, he’s out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

FutureGuy wrote: »
    So, realistically, only Liverpool and Chelsea have anything to play for. Seansea need about 10 goals and Southampton to lose so doubt that’s a goer.

Am I missing anything?

Not sure if it will over-motivate the players but Spurs getting third instead of fourth would be worth about £10M to the club.
    3rd gets twice as much TV revenue from the BT/ECL deal as 4th, the percentage split is 40-30-20-10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Last week is tough with so little to play for - I'm loading up with 3 Liverpool players because they need a draw/win, and the CL final isn't for ages. Salah, Firmino and Robertson.
    Man City - I have Sterling and Ederson, but will they play? Jesus should play.
    Man Utd - will they play 2nd team seeing they have nothing to play for.
    Maybe bring in a Chelsea player or two, considering they have 4th place to play for, albeit it's unlikely.

Last week is tough with so little to play for - I'm loading up with 3 Liverpool players because they need a draw/win, and the CL final isn't for ages. Salah, Firmino and Robertson.
    Man City - I have Sterling and Ederson, but will they play? Jesus should play.
    Man Utd - will they play 2nd team seeing they have nothing to play for.
    Maybe bring in a Chelsea player or two, considering they have 4th place to play for, albeit it's unlikely.

Sterling is more likely to play than jesus.....

Jose mourinho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Will we have all the press conferences today?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

manual_man wrote: »
    Will we have all the press conferences today?

Yep.

9:00 - Darren Moore, Eddie Howe
    10:00 - Sam Allardyce
    12:00 - Sean Dyche, Roy Hodgson
    12:30 - Mauricio Pochettino
    13:00 - David Wagner, Claude Puel
    13:15 - Antonio Conte
    13:30 - Jurgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola, Mark Hughes, Paul Lambert, Carlos Carvalhal, Chris Hughton, Javi Gracia, Rafael Benitez

• Registered Users Posts: 21 EarlSlick

I can switch Hazard for Salah but am tempted to keep Haz based on his ridiculous away record at Newcastle. Also likely to be his Chelsea swansong (if he plays)

Could stick Firminho in for Jesus as Liverpool cover instead

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Mourinho has already told reporters 7 of his starting players: Romero, Bailly, Blind, Carrick, Mata, Martial and Rashford.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-team-news-watford-14642981

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mourinho has already told reporters 7 of his starting players: Romero, Bailly, Blind, Carrick, Mata, Martial and Rashford.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-team-news-watford-14642981

i know it's at home to Watford but it's hard to have confidence in their attack after back-to-back blanks against Brighton and West Ham

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Might go with PVA for the craic. I presume West Brom have finally admitted defeat.

I'm way to far behind the leaders in my main MLs to win have any chance of winning. So I'm really just going for OR, hoping to get under the 300k mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

It's only Chelsea and Liverpool that still have something to play, correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,361 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

carnie wrote: »
    It's only Chelsea and Liverpool that still have something to play, correct?

Barely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Well my daring De Gea-Tim Krul Combo has come back to bite me in the bottom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,939 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sitting here in punty mood trying to think if Aubameyang in for Jesus is worth a punt but it’s like Huddersfield are hungover, but then Arsenal haven’t a point on the road in 2018.

It’s never easy.

Advertisement