Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

And now on RTE1 we have a repeat of Nationwide with that lovely redhead gaeilgoir- the same one who's taking a sexual harassment/ assault case against RTE. An incident which supposedly happened 20 yrs ago and the alleged assailant is now deceased.
    I'd say RTE are sorry now they made Mary Kennedy retire.

Narcissist's always play the victim. She's a horrible individual, and I'd say a nightmare to work with.

The online RTÉ news is still Friday’s 1409 report.

I’m becoming obsessed with this. It’s over 60 hours old now. It’s like getting the weekly paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭bigroad

So they must take off early on the Friday and wander back in about lunchtime on Monday.
    There are some amount of wasters up there getting well paid for doing sweetfookall.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,097 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

bigroad wrote: »
    So they must take off early on the Friday and wander back in about lunchtime on Monday.
    There are some amount of wasters up there getting well paid for doing sweetfookall.

C'mon now, thats not nice talking about Duffy and D'arcy like that (despite it being true)

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

NIMAN wrote: »
    C'mon now, thats not nice talking about Duffy and D'arcy like that (despite it being true)

What ever about the above two plumbers....both trousering wedges north of €500K.....what about a fully staffed sports department ...when there is no sport on.......anywhere ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The online RTÉ news is still Friday’s 1409 report.

I’m becoming obsessed with this. It’s over 60 hours old now. It’s like getting the weekly paper!

Let us know when it's updated Robert, and thank you for your service. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

and Leo Enright.

Only Dee could make this s**t idea a reality... (tho she missed her planned air date).

https://extra.ie/2020/05/28/entertainment/celebrity/deirdre-okane-charity-telethon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jelutong

Stars my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

jelutong wrote: »
    Stars my arse.

Hello there Jim get Anthony the lazy sod to make a cuppa willya

• Advertisement

jelutong wrote: »
    Stars my arse.

I read that wrong at first. I thought your arse had a starring role. It would’ve been like looking up old friends.... (sorry!). :D

Ok, just to continue my obsession with the out-of-datedness (see, I’ve invented a new phrase for it) of the RTÉ news online, it’s Sunday morning, and the news bulletin is 4.44 pm on Friday !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Ok, just to continue my obsession with the out-of-datedness (see, I’ve invented a new phrase for it) of the RTÉ news online, it’s Sunday morning, and the news bulletin is 4.44 pm on Friday !

Where is this bulletin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Elmo wrote: »
    Where is this bulletin?

On Google Assistant devices.
    Mind you the latest DW News update is from 3pm yesterday. Not great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

On Google Assistant devices.
    Mind you the latest DW News update is from 3pm yesterday. Not great

Thanks. Maybe something else is going on?

Have been going direct to RTE news website and unless they are lying...I don't see these extremely long periods where nothing at all is being updated.

Less is done at the weekends [unless there is some big news story], but not whole thing frozen for days with no updates as above gleeful posts on the sloth of RTE News seem to suggest.

fly_agaric wrote: »
    Thanks. Maybe something else is going on?

Have been going direct to RTE news website and unless they are lying...I don't see these extremely long periods where nothing at all is being updated.

Less is done at the weekends [unless there is some big news story], but not whole thing frozen for days with no updates as above gleeful posts on the sloth of RTE News seem to suggest.

They ain’t “gleeful”, they’re just posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,349 ✭✭✭✭elperello

https://www.rte.ie/news/

Just to clarify, is this the site referred to?

As I post it was last updated 8 minutes ago.

That's just after 9pm on the Sunday of a holiday weekend.

No, that’s not it.

I accept that:

a) I’m asking a Google Home Nest whatsit for “the latest RTÉ news”
    b) It might get its news from some obscure and arcane place
    c) I have become possessed by this

but having just checked, the same update, from 4.44 on Friday is still there, whereas the latest BBC news is from 8.10 pm today.

I am simply drawing attention to this fact

• Registered Users Posts: 81,282 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will Dee hold an investigation as to whoy Joe Duffy interviewed Ivor Callely and allowed him to run a spiel about how bad his injury was and promotion of a book he is writing? A couple of days later the media reveal he had made a miraculous recovery in the space of a number of days...
    Crocked crook Ivor Callely bounces back from crash by working out for three hours despite ‘great personal hurt’
    NINTCHDBPICT000585659324.jpg?w=960
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/5487431/ivor-callely-bouncing-back-dawn-walk/

Shameless Ivor Callely pictured without walking aids days after moaning Liveline call.

The brass-necked ex-con looked positively sprightly despite claiming to Joe Duffy that he walks 'with the aid of sticks' after an accident
    0_I200530_155150_758252oTextTRMRMMGLPICT000212712525o.jpg
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/shameless-ivor-callely-pictured-without-22113347.amp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

elperello wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/

Just to clarify, is this the site referred to?

As I post it was last updated 8 minutes ago.

That's just after 9pm on the Sunday of a holiday weekend.

That's the page I'd usually visit. Was surprised when people posted here that it was extremely poor at weekends (with times of > 1 day being claimed, accusations those updating it are strolling in to refresh it on Monday lunchtime etc.) which was not my experience at all

If underlying website is okay, then maybe something is up with how it interacts with generation of alerts [via google news or the like]?

edit: On seeing above post(s), I suppose I am a relative luddite who does not have a voice activated speaker or other iot devices. Have never gotten into habit of using a voice activated assistant/speech recognition on my phone or pc either.

• Advertisement

No, that’s not it.

I accept that:

a) I’m asking a Google Home Nest whatsit for “the latest RTÉ news”
    b) It might get its news from some obscure and arcane place
    c) I have become possessed by this

but having just checked, the same update, from 4.44 on Friday is still there, whereas the latest BBC news is from 8.10 pm today.

I am simply drawing attention to this fact

Perhaps you could post a link to the non updated site?

I'm a bit old school and if I want to find out what is on the RTE News site I just go there.

Having said that I hardly ever do use that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

The Google Home/Nest whatever news updates are audio. Basically an abbreviated version of the hourly news update you'd hear on the radio, read by an RTE newsreader.
    Nothing to do with the website.

I’m becoming sorry I ever mentioned this!

I’m becoming sorry I ever mentioned this!

There is no harm in asking questions.

We seem to have established that the RTE News Website is updated regularly.

Is it the case that it's interface with a third party service is the issue?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Bank Holiday Sunday night and an absolute stellar schedule on RTÉ tonight.....

Fcuking joke of a network.

Bank Holiday Sunday night and an absolute stellar schedule on RTÉ tonight.....

Fcuking joke of a network.

I think it's not quite so bad.

The Brennan boys are always professional and watchable.

Loving the Killnaskully re-runs and Pat Short continues to dig up great stuff from the archives. Who remembered what a good voice DJ Curtin had?

Could live without Dermot Bannon but property shows are popular.

Marty and Bernard could do with a bit of polish.

The Week in Politics - well it is what it is.

All in all 5 hours of home produced programming with RTE 2 and tg4 as back up. Catch those Hardy Bucks on the player.

I think it's not quite so bad.

The Brennan boys are always professional and watchable.

Loving the Killnaskully re-runs and Pat Short continues to dig up great stuff from the archives. Who remembered what a good voice DJ Curtin had?

Could live without Dermot Bannon but property shows are popular.

Marty and Bernard could do with a bit of polish.

The Week in Politics - well it is what it is.

All in all 5 hours of home produced programming with RTE 2 and tg4 as back up. Catch those Hardy Bucks on the player.

Are RTE paying you to put a positive spin on this?

This isn't a good lineup. It's pretty poor from a license fee paid institution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭TheDavester

lol RTE and a good line up...RTE are in fear the Brennans, Pat Short, Bernard O'Shea and Marty are going to be taken by BBC/Sky/american stations

RTE does not have anyone/anything that appeals to anyone under the age of 55

No spin there, just my opinion.

What would you prefer to watch?

• Advertisement

No spin there, just my opinion.

What would you prefer to watch?

A decent film would be one. A night of repeats is not.

Advertisement