Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backlash PPV Thread (Spoilers)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    The Rollins vs Miz opener was very good but apart from that the show was dire. Rollins is by far the most interesting thing about the main roster right now.

Bliss vs Jax was a load of nothing. Orton vs Hardy was okay I guess, completely unmemorable.

The Elias segment was stupid. I really don't understand how anyone enjoyed that. Such a waste of time on a show that finished really late anyway. And the finish to the segment was Roode, the babyface, sneak attacking Elias. I like Elias, but once the bell rings he bores me. And Roode is as bland as they come.

Big Cass vs Bryan was boring. Big Cass doing moves was bad, Bryan clubbering Cass to set up for the Yes! Lock was great.

Carmella vs Charlotte was awful rubbish. Neither of them did anything.

Styles vs Nakamura was okay, like the match was only decent even before the finish. A double countout on the Saudi show followed by another no contest here and this is starting to needlessly drag.

The Braun/Lashley vs Owens/Zayn tag was some house show nonsense. I had no idea why the match was happening before, and I still have no idea. I'm bored of the Braun thing now. He's doing the same thing all the time now, and he's not having good matches either.

Whoever is responsible for the layout of that Roman / Joe match should be shot. Joe would hit some decent looking offense and then just sit in a tame looking submission for a few minutes. The match had no stakes, relied on the crowd rallying behind a guy they couldn't care less about, and finished at 11.30 on a school night, no wonder a lot of people were leaving during it.

I didn't expect much from the show but that was an embarrassing effort. First dual branded B level PPV and they put together that rubbish. Bryan's first singles feud since his return and he gets generic big guy, I hope he leaves the company. A good few of the matches seemed to have long rest holds. Nakamura continues to disappoint. Everything just seemed like a complete waste of time, much like the Saudi show last week.

Michael Hayes. The running order for Backlash was leaked last night and had all the match producers on it too...

https://twitter.com/ogheadhoncho/status/993273136580833280?s=21

Tyson Kidd did the Rollins/Miz match and apparently the great Balor/Rollins match on Raw from last month too.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Pinkman

Rollins was the only highlight of this awful show. The guy is on fire and if Vince hadn't gone senile he'd push him to the moon and have him beat Brock for the Universal Title. A top face that's actually super over with the casuals and hardcore fan base.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Pinkman wrote: »
    Rollins was the only highlight of this awful show. The guy is on fire and if Vince hadn't gone senile he'd push him to the moon and have him beat Brock for the Universal Title. A top face that's actually super over with the casuals and hardcore fan base.

So they’ll turn him heel and have him feud with Lashley then. Guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm all in on the train wreck now. Give me another Brock/Roman match, I want to see it destroyed by the fans. MITB is in Chicago, they'll massacre it.

Wait til they have the fan favourite MitB winner from earlier in the night come out to cash in on a victorious Reigns after his post match beatdown by Brock, only to lose. That'll really win fans for Reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 39,512 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Didn't watch the PPV but given that it's past 9pm Irish time and it's only five pages long speaks volumes.

I've seen the reaction to the show. So did nia get booed while cutting a promo after her match ?

The Roman stuff sounds like it's getting worse but as has been said Vince is doing his thing and to feck with anyone else's opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

That was a travesty of a PPV, if they Miz Rollins match wasn't so good (hats off to Miz for hanging with Rollins too, credit where it's due), I would have classed that as December to Dismember bad. How you can have that level of talent on your roster and piss it away is starting to becoming an art-form in incompetence.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

One thing stood out to me while watching AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura... Why the F*ck is Roman Reigns closing out the main event?!

I get Vince you got blue cold balls feet with Roman and didn't pull the trigger on him winning the title but you can't still pull the trigger with his being the no.1 guy across both brands. There was a world title no DQ match in the wrestlemania world title rematch but the main event is a non title singles match between two guys now on different brands because why? Oh yeah cos one is the Big Dawg Roman Reigns.

This booking is designed to fail. Reign's right now is supposed to be booked as going through adversary, he just failed to take the title in 2 straight matches, but nope they think fans will actually cheer because the guy they don't like is now acting like the uncrowned champ. I mean if a Roman Reigns heel turn ever comes maybe it's great booking but damn if they don't write a show like they want the continued fan reaction to Reigns.

Maybe outside of the main event fans might not have crapped on it so much but it's hard to care about The Big Dawg after sitting through that much of the product. Joe does his best as always but this just would have worked better earlier in the might.

Also what exactly are we expecting to change with Reigns, WWE don't seem to update his character much, dude still uses his Shield music. They may give him the belt and he might finally beat Lesnar but unless he gets a character he isn't going to win over the fans no matter how many shows he closes out on top of.

Kinda feel like ending the show with Reigns was more of a d!ck punch than the ending of Nak/AJ but I guess Saudi money & the shakeup kinda screwed with the build to this. Saying that I obviously don't sound like a fan of Reign's but honestly it's not the guys fault. It's all in the booking.

If they decided to make their top guy for now Braun, Reigns wouldn't be going anywhere and could in fact be a much bigger top guy for them in the long term as he could go heel first, which in this day and age is actually how you win over fans. Make him the company's Big Dawg but Braun wants to be no.1, then down the line (when he gets over for his heel work) turn him back face and you have what the company want at the moment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I like seeing Tyson Kidd in a good position behind things too, fair play to the lad, you can tell he gets how things work in ring for storytelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Just watching the show now, Man Rollins and The Miz was very good. Rollins has been booked so strong since that Gauntlet match. Also Cole channelling his inner Vince on the second SCF kick out!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Reigns look is really tired now. Needs a change.

Look at Usos as an example of how changes can improve the performer as it fits them better. The attitude pours out of them and they carry themselves like they are important.

Reigns does not look like a star in that gear. He should be more like a modern super hero, Rollins got there first and his gear is very much like the gear we see in a Marvel movie. But something else is needed for Reigns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I would have had Seth v The Miz close the show. It did not have a silly finish like AJ match and it was always likely to be really good and the crowd would have been invested in it. Also in an era when people moan about how unimportant secondary belts, it be nice to have a match for such a belt close the show.

Roman v Joe would have lost nothing if on earlier anyhow.

Very poor PPV and again I ask but they don't need to be so ****ing long. The women's division is a little concerning right now, those two matches were dirt. Carmilla is no better of a worker than Kelly Kelly and Nia needs quick matches to hide her flaws. Her having a back and forth match with Alexa helped nobody whatsoever.

"Women's revolution" it isn't right now.

Advertisement