Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punchestown - Day 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Samcro goes Champion Hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Can’t wait for that race now! The division isn’t the strongest but throwing Samcro into the mix is very exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

No Laurina is a bit disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Hoping to get evens on samcro

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Great call by Giggs as this really is a hopeless race quality wise and this top beast will treat this opposition with contempt I assume and when he does he will surley go Champion hurdle route next year.He [Samcro]is a chaser over 3m+ as I predicted when I saw him at Wexford so they can wait another year,I hope.My god Im an Idiot the Lexus at Leopardstown is a shocking standand going forward as I always said but I went against my opinion,sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Laurina 3/1 in mares.....will she run in that race? 3/1 is some price if so !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

antietam wrote: »
    Great call by Giggs as this really is a hopeless race quality wise and this top beast will treat this opposition with contempt I assume and when he does he will surley go Champion hurdle route next year.He [Samcro]is a chaser over 3m+ as I predicted when I saw him at Wexford so they can wait another year,I hope.My god Im an Idiot the Lexus at Leopardstown is a shocking standand going forward as I always said but I went against my opinion,sadly.

So.... Many.... Aftertimes.....

Even for you Sting this is a classic. I'll throw it in the aftertime thread next time I'm on my laptop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Surely the pro punters won't leave melon go off 11/4 it looks way out of whack.

Samcro gone a bit on the skinny side even if he is the most exciting horse in the race.
    Not really my bag in terms of a betting race but if I can get a bet on tomorrow at 11/4-3/1 I don't think I'd be able to resist.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Min definitely in with a shout here if you believe the hype around buvear dair as min comfortably dealt with him in the supreme and obviously altior is a class of his own atm

• Registered Users Posts: 85,412 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Billy's Hope and Wicklow Brave and Whiskey Sour e/w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Min definitely in with a shout here if you believe the hype around buvear dair as min comfortably dealt with him in the supreme and obviously altior is a class of his own atm

Min has no chance. Will be lucky to pick up 3rd/4th.

Kauto wrote: »
    Min has no chance. Will be lucky to pick up 3rd/4th.

Like call a cab and bon papa? Forgive me if I don't give a **** about your opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Like call a cab and bon papa? Forgive me if I don't give a **** about your opinion

Although Kauto is well up to standing up for himself I'm sure, Its not as if your a star tipster yourself there buddy.

Do you remember your little rant about at the Leop December meeting saying that the Christmas Chase form would come to nothing in March ?

Balko De Flos went on to win the Ryan Air.

I wont even get into what Un De Sceaux did after that this week.

STB. wrote: »
    Although Kauto is well up to standing up for himself I'm sure, Its not as if your a star tipster yourself there buddy.

Do you remember your little rant about at the Leop December meeting saying that the Christmas Chase form would come to nothing in March ?

Balko De Flos went on to win the Ryan Air.

I wont even get into what Un De Sceaux did after that this week.
    And what did road to respect do?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

I said both Call A CAb and Bon Papa should win but I wasn't backing them because of BJG.

They were 10/1 and 6/1 at the time and when off significantly shorter. They were not the worse shouts of all time.

Also I would doubt Min will even run now that Mullins has the championship wrapped up and even if he does he has had 3 tough races in 6 weeks and even at his best would struggle.
    Your going on about a bit of form 2 years ago that has no relevance now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I hope Samcro blows these away, but surly a place lay is the actual value bet here, on known form. He is only 1.15 around here with 5 hosrses rated the same or better than him.

Anyway that said, if old fav Wicklow doesnt win ill be roaring him home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

aidankkk wrote: »
    I hope Samcro blows these away, but surly a place lay is the actual value bet here, on known form. He is only 1.15 around here with 5 hosrses rated the same or better than him.

Anyway that said, if old fav Wicklow doesnt win ill be roaring him home

Wicklows price is attractive enough I feel. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Anyone know how many places PP were paying on yesterdays 6.05 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

6, I think. 1/5 odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Wicklow Brave today for me at the prices e/w. Note PP money back as free bet on all losers but max €10 if Samcro wins.

The Boards.ie enigma Melon will go off shorter than he is now i'd imagine with Samcro possibly being maybe evens.

• Advertisement

Does anyone actually believe min or getabird will run today?
    I would be shocked if either did not to mind both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Does anyone actually believe min or getabird will run today?
    I would be shocked if either did not to mind both

I imagine they were entered in case the trainers championship was in the melting pot and Mullins wanted as many bullets as possible at the two big prize pots.

Doubt they’ll risk it now, then again you could write what I know on the back of a stamp so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Wicklow Brave is 6/1 wout Samcro which to me is fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

antietam wrote: »

Samcro at Wexford?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Samcro at Wexford?
    Point 2 Point

it would seem getabird is running in the 6.05
    is currently 11/2
    will have some of that if he is.......
    am surprised !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Wicklows price is attractive enough I feel. What do you think?

I what I'd like is coque mans w/o melon . Think he might surprise .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Thought min looked a tired horse on Tuesday after a hard race at Aintree. Can't believe they're running him again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Absolutely filthy "account closer" each way double of the day Birch Vale in the first in Perth and Melon.
    Place double pays 5/4 with the true odds being somewhere in the region of 4/7-8/13.

Both have very good win chances also. Win price about 10.5/1.

Will wait for a while as both races have the dead 8 and wouldnt really be wanting any NR's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

All in on Elusive Ivy

Advertisement