Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭cletus

CramCycle wrote: »
    Bring in your disk and say the card never arrived, the Disc should say AXA

I'd go a step further. Get onto AXA, and keep onto them to get your card. It took a while before the issues one to me, but there's no expiry date on it. I'm flashing the same card in Halfords for the last 4 years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

CramCycle wrote: »
    Bring in your disk and say the card never arrived, the Disc should say AXA

No disc on a motorbike...

Edit: I suppose the cert would do!

I recently changed my profile picture on social media to one of me on my bike, now if I comment on anything I get abuse for being a cyclist - I was discussing rallying yesterday and was told 'what the **** would a lycra wearing cyclist know', there were 10 replies to a comment I made and 4 of them were attacks on cyclists. Its a real noticeable difference, previous picture was me fighting in the cage

Your biggest issue there is not your profile picture, it's being on social media

cletus wrote: »
    Your biggest issue there is not your profile picture, it's being on social media

I generally get involved in discussions on MMA and motorsport, you're right though, its toxic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,150 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Get a picture of you cage fighting in full cycling gear, see if it's the bike or the clothes that triggers them.

Get a picture of you cage fighting in full cycling gear, see if it's the bike or the clothes that triggers them.

Have one of those actually! I wear bib shorts to Jiu Jitsu, they're ideal for it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,150 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Would a helmet and hi-viz be against the rules?

Probably still wouldn't help me

Trained with a fella who wore earguards. He spent ages waiting for them to arrive from America. As soon as he put them on, we called him Mickey Mouse. I think he used them twice, and then they lived in the bottom of his gearbag

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Have one of those actually! I wear bib shorts to Jiu Jitsu, they're ideal for it
    i guess they're a little bit of protection against nut shots?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,654 ✭✭✭Cartman78

There's been a huge upsurge in interest in pro cycling in our house during lockdown.....looking for some cycling team wear (t-shirts, hoodies etc) but haven't found much and what I have seen is exorbitantly expensive.

DQT seemed to fit the bill but all sold out in the sizes I'm looking for

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

i guess they're a little bit of protection against nut shots?

More the flexibility and the fact they stay on properly. Cups are generally worn :)

More the flexibility and the fact they stay on properly. Cups are generally worn :)

Is the pad not annoying? I can't imagine rolling in a pair of bib shorts

cletus wrote: »
    Is the pad not annoying? I can't imagine rolling in a pair of bib shorts

I find it OK, started wearing the gi to BJJ so only really wear it in MMA and when training I'm all about getting back on my feet if I'm taken down. But when I was training no-gi it was fine, don't tend to wear a cup if I'm just rolling though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I want one

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I've actually stopped buying bidons, I cycle to the gym (when open) and use the bottle there and always forget it. Any bottles left behind are binned

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Catching up on the track euro's here, yay track but some of the big hitters not there and we haven't sent a team. Fun fact we had planed to go as part of a trip home as herself is from near by, as in about 5km of the velodrome :D

Catching up on the track euro's here, yay track but some of the big hitters not there and we haven't sent a team. Fun fact we had planed to go as part of a trip home as herself is from near by, as in about 5km of the velodrome :D

You know what you're gonna have to do next time ye're home!

eeeee wrote: »
    You know what you're gonna have to do next time ye're home!

Herself is still shocked a velodrome ended up there and not if you get me.

EDIT: I should elaborate on that , the site itself has history with cycling but was developed as a multi-purpose/sport venue back around the time of them joining the EU with the funding they got etc. see concert hall first and sports second. So she's surprised the velodrome actually is what would be considered a proper velodrome for big meet 6 day standards which is not what we are getting here is it?

Herself is still shocked a velodrome ended up there and not if you get me.

EDIT: I should elaborate on that , the site itself has history with cycling but was developed as a multi-purpose/sport venue back around the time of them joining the EU with the funding they got etc. see concert hall first and sports second. So she's surprised the velodrome actually is what would be considered a proper velodrome for big meet 6 day standards which is not what we are getting here is it?

What country is it? If it's outside Warsaw I have ridden in it!

eeeee wrote: »
    What country is it? If it's outside Warsaw I have ridden in it!

Plovdiv in Bulgaria.

Plovdiv in Bulgaria.

Ah haven't been there. But ye're lucky to be so near an indoor (when ye get back to your partners homeplace). It's the most fun!

I was gonna post about that last week.
    It makes absolutely 0 sense to me. When joining from the previous path, you have to cross the ped bit, then crosses again here, for no discernible reason. It doesn't make sense coming on or off it either. The mind boggles.

• Advertisement

i'd say what simply happened is that the chap painting it started at one end, got bored, and started again at the far end. thinking 'the cycle path is on the right so that'll be fine'.

Advertisement