Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Beasty wrote: »
    Pleased to say I tried out the new jersey yesterday from "my" sportive at the track yesterday....

It was so scary! Too scary!
    Well done to mini beast for winning a race too btw.
    I just couldn't be arsed yesterday :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

nee wrote: »

Couldn't be arsed racing or winning? It is nice to let others win sometimes, I do it all the time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Couldn't be arsed racing or winning? It is nice to let others win sometimes, I do it all the time

Ha ha couldn't be arsed trying to win/ get into the races.
    Some days I'm just not at the races :pac:

But yeah totally I was just giving everyone else a chance.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I myself am basically the Jesus of the A4 circuit, I could dominate them all but I want to show them how good they could be. Actually, maybe I am the last son of Krypton, in relation to A4 cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Random observation: sleeveless tops and arm warmers is not a good look.
    Two examples spotted cycling together on a sportive at Dunshaughlin a few weeks ago.

"shudders"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i did not know i was making such a faux pas. short sleeved tops and arm warmers both yesterday morning and this morning for the commute.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

nee wrote: »
    As I said in that tempo - I was either going to get the first point, or everyone else could suffer. I didn't win the point, and equally could not be arsed after that, but was delighted to see the pain on so many faces afterwards!

Oh, and the wee Beastie won 3 races, and should now be topping his league:)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

i did not know i was making such a faux pas. short sleeved tops and arm warmers both yesterday morning and this morning for the commute.
    It's OK - mods are allowed to set the sartorial tone around here - just ban anyone who disagrees

No - we're talking sleeveless tops - i.e. tri tops with arm warmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Dear God. MAKE IT STOP. I had to search for examples.

UA2594a_ORG-_ORG_6_740x.jpge03277c50608d4306ad4caae6a2c0e5c--triathlon-dixie.jpg7ac69991c35ebc64fa1a607cd5f1f2ec.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Bonus points if paired with knee high "compression" socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Ryath

Lumen wrote: »
    Dear God. MAKE IT STOP. I had to search for examples.

There's a lot worse
    75434-207-036f-681x1024.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm glad i brought them now, i had thought today was due to be warm and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Ryath wrote: »
    There's a lot worse
    75434-207-036f-681x1024.jpg

Yeah, that's the look I was referring to. The one I spotted had a white top with black armwarmers too.:eek::(:pac:

Strange sort of double accident possibly involving cyclists on the Dublin Road in Skerries around 11.15am. 2 females being attended to on the ground about 50 metres apart and on different sides of the road. Bicycles on the ground but not sure if they belong to passers by or victims. Gardai and large number of people present. Hopefully nothing too serious. (No motor vehicles stopped at the scene).

i assume the bikes were beside each of the two women? i.e. one didn't walk away and collapse?

i assume the bikes were beside each of the two women? i.e. one didn't walk away and collapse?
    Yes - bikes beside each one. If they were cycling, they were casual type (i.e. no lycra/helmet) hence the reason it's more difficult to identify them as cyclists. I'm hoping it wasn't a hit and run. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

• Advertisement

i think i mentioned before that the general bike cleaner they sell in dealz (2l for €1.49) is actually perfectly serviceable.
    there is one drawback though, and that's when i realised that the reason i frequently got 'no more lonely nights' stuck in my head, was that when i was in the garage i would see the bottle with its 'no more dirty bike' label. and i cannot shake the effect now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

i think i mentioned before that the general bike cleaner they sell in dealz (2l for €1.49) is actually perfectly serviceable.
    there is one drawback though, and that's when i realised that the reason i frequently got 'no more lonely nights' stuck in my head, was that when i was in the garage i would see the bottle with its 'no more dirty bike' label. and i cannot shake the effect now.

Now I'm going to have that running through my mind for the next few hours.

Use that myself, great value. I got the lovely present of a pair of tesco's finest cycling gloves earlier. 2.50 I think the girls paid :D

They'll do for the run around bike , they are pretty much your standard MTB fingerless glove but they have a nice soft padding on top between thumb and index finger for wiping your brow. Perfect for when the wee one is on the bakc and demanding more speed :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Not sure where to put this, but this is the same old nonsense courtesy of Ford

And here is a take on it
    http://road.cc/content/news/242449-fords-share-road-campaign-leaves-cyclists-unimpressed

Interestingly, Youtube autoplayed another Ford video which was of a test drive in Italy of one of its cars. the car was being driven in a manner that wouldn't be considered remotely legal or safe....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Ha! I rather like that song, including the "Dirty Bike" mental remix.

I think some of the early singles ended up bearing the title "No More Lonley Nights", which is quite funny.

Yeah, just looked it up:
    r6080_d.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

First single I ever bought ! , still have it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Quick question,

If a rider meets the A4 13pt threshold but doesn't race as an A3 for the remainder of the year will he then be classed as an A4 for 2019?

To me this is wrong but he is adamant that this is his way back to A4 next year.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

No, once they're an A3, they can't go back. A4 is designed to be a novices category. Even if you take a few years off, you'll still go back on an A3 licence unless you can convince them otherwise.
    Newcomers to the sport will be granted an A4 licence. Holders of an A4 licence may only compete with other A4 licence holders with the exception of handicap races and the National Masters Road Race Championships. Notwithstanding in events restricted to Juniors, Masters or Women, A4 licence holders may compete with other category riders. Those returning to the sport after an absence will normally be granted an A3 licence, however this may be reviewed following an application to the National Grading Officer.

Why would you even want to go back to A4 though?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Why would you even want to go back to A4 though?

Because you're sh*t and you know you are ;)

Advertisement